2 things we know about the election in 2016

Kasich was the chairman of the House budget committee. He's the one who sponsored the Balanced Budget Act of 1997. That's a HUGE plus in his favor.

He's the governor of Ohio, a critical swing state.

As governor, he has lowered their chronic unemployment and created a budget surplus.

And he hasn't drank the anti Common Core bongwater.
I dont doubt he'd be a good candidate and an excellent president. But no one knows who he is.
Yep. That's why I said at the outset he's an incredibly long shot. He just doesn't have the slimy pandering demagogic chameleon qualities necessary to succeed in presidential candidacy politics today.
IOW he lacks skill.
He lacks guile.

LOL. OK, and how accurate were your predictions on 2012, Rabid and JD?
The liberals have pissed off a lot of people and they so live in their own little world they don't even know it yet but they will.

If that's true....then why are more and more people self identifying as liberal? Why is self identification as liberal at an all time high. While self identification as conservative is a point off an all time low?

You may want to consider the possibility that you surround yourself with people that think like you. And so you think people that think like you make up the majority.

John Kasich will win and the democrats will lose. You heard me.
I dont think we know either of those things.
Kasich is an unknown outside of Ohio. While he would probably be a great candidate he hasnt announced.
I seriously think the Democrats are finished as a national party. They will lose the presidency if Clinton gets the nomination. They'll lose if she doesnt. They'll lose more ground in the House and Senate. And they'll blame voter turnout, GOP vote suppression, and redistricting.

Finished as a national party? You do realize that out of the last 6 presidential elections, democrats have managed to convince a majority of the electorate to vote for their candidate in 5.

Right?

Kasich was the chairman of the House budget committee. He's the one who sponsored the Balanced Budget Act of 1997. That's a HUGE plus in his favor.

As governor, he has lowered their chronic unemployment and created a budget surplus.

Kasich is actually a solid GOP candidate. I've thought so for quite a while. But he's got one enormous thing against him:

The GOP primary.

It forces otherwise right of center candidates into the most foolishly extreme positions just to get through it. Take Romney, a man who not only signed into his state's version of Obamacare as governor of Massechussets but touted it as one of his accomplishments. Yet when going through the GOP primary wood chipper, was forced to take the 'fuck em', they can go to the emergency room' approach to healthcare reform.

Its not that the GOP can't find a candidate that would appeal to independants and moderates. Its that they stain such a candidate with such a thick mire of hard right batshit on the way through the primary process that much of what made the candidate so electable has been stripped away.

Kasich likely won't be able to avoid the politically dismembering effects of the primary woodchipper.

Last edited:

Kasich is actually a solid GOP candidate. I've thought so for quite a while. But he's got one enormous thing against him:

The GOP primary.

It forces otherwise right of center candidates into the most foolishly extreme positions just to get through it. Take Romney, a man who not only signed into gis state's version of Obamacare as governor of Massechussets but touted it as one of his accomplishments. Yet when going through the GOP primary wood chipper, was forced to take the 'fuck em', they can go to the emergency room' approach to healthcare reform.

Its not that the GOP can't find a candidate that would appeal to independants and moderates. Its that the stain such a candidate with such a thick mire of hard right batshit on the way through the primary process that much of what made the candidate so electable has been stripped away.

Kasich likely won't be able to avoid the politically dismembering effects of the primary woodchipper.
My sentiments exactly, which is the chief reason I said he is a long shot.

Forum List

Back