2/3 of Palestinians against rocket attacks and Majoirty Suppport Direct Israeli Talks

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
2/3 against missile aka arm resistance against Israel. Majority support direct talks with Israel. I wonder if 2/3 would have thought this before Cast Lead. What is the motivation for this?

Here is what I think it is:
(a) Cast Lead broke the terrorist will! Fear of retribution is too great.
(b) Decades of fighting have gotten tiresome!
(c) Palestinians have modernized and moderated their approach!
(d) Palestinians have gotten used to and accepted the fact that a Jewish State will be their neighbor!
(e) The average Palestinian is just like you and I and doesn't like or desire war, death or destruction. Rather they desire peace, happiness and safety for their family!
(f) Life in Palestine is not nearly as bad as the antisemites make it appear. In fact, the standard of living is 10 folder better than the vast majority of Africa, Middle Eastern, Latin American and Asia states! Heck better than the Kurds in Turkey!
(g) Traditional Arab allies are becoming moderates: Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iraq, Algeria, Morrocco and really even Syria. They are starting to see not even Lebanon and Iran will go to war for them.
(h) They see that even though the Leftist in Europe scream loud, European relations and trade with Israel isn't going to end or be effective. The only countries that will end relations are Muslim Countries (which boycotted Israel since the rebirth) and poor leftist country like Venezuela, which have nothing offer anyways. Come on if Venezuela didn't have oil, who would give a crap about Hugo Fat ASS!
(i) They see the first Palestinian State in History is more than a dream!!!

Poll: 2/3 of Palestinians against rocket attacks - Israel News, Ynetnews
Survey conducted in West Bank and Gaza finds most Palestinian want Barghouti as president if Abbas retires; small majority supports direct talks with Israel

Some 68% of Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza do not want Hamas to resume its rocket attacks on Israel, while 25.5% believe the attacks against Israel's southern communities should be resumed, according to a survey conducted by the Ramallah-based Arab World for Research & Development (AWRAD) organization.

The poll's findings, which are based on answers by 1,200 respondents, indicate that 35.4% of Palestinians residing in Hamas-ruled Gaza are interested in resuming the attacks, while only 19.5% of Palestinians in the West Bank share this opinion.

Some 66% of all Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank want Hamas to continue upholding the unofficial ceasefire declared following Israel's offensive in Gaza, while 25.7% hope the Islamist group will violate the truce.

According to the survey, if elections for the presidency of the Palestinian Authority were held today, reigning president Mahmoud Abbas would be re-elected with 30.9% of the votes, 14.3% of Palestinians would vote for Marwan Barghouti (currently serving five life sentences in Israel), 10.4% would vote for Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh, while Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad would receive only 8.4% of the votes.

Abbas has already announced his plans to retire, and Barghouti has been mentioned as one of the so-called heavy prisoners Hamas wants Israel to release in exchange for captive soldier Gilad Shalit.

Asked who they would vote for in case Abbas does retire, 26.5% of respondents said Barghouti, 20.6% said they would vote for Fayyad, while 12% said they would support Haniyeh.

As for the peace process, the poll showed that 47.6% of Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza are in favor of direct negotiations with Israel, while 46.6% are against direct talks.

Some 51% of the West Bank's Palestinians and 41% of those residing in Gaza support direct talks, the poll showed.

Precursor: Shogun kiss my ass (and yes I don't need to read any of your posts to say that :lol:) and PF Titmore get an education you retard monkey (ditto)!

Pallies are fickle. Previous surveys have said Pallies support terrorism against innocent Israelis.

Fortunately, Pallies also supportterrorism against themselves.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWIDZ7Jpdqg[/ame]

Allah is a loser.

Forum List

Back