1965 Walther KKM .22 Match Rifle

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I bought what I believe is a variation of the Walther KKM Match rifle today. It's dated 1965.

It came with Walther sights electro-penciled on the bottom with the last two digits of the rifle's serial and a sight wrench.

I remember these came in to the importer some years back crated-up and they were all covered in cosmo.

This one has a nice looking stock but is covered in dings so I wait till Spring and refinish it.

w 001 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as is ugly.......... That thing looks like it was constructed out of an ugly stick..........
The "beauty" is what it does to the target.....One ragged hole at 50 yards with irons if you are able to do your part. ;)

No shit AR trigger either, this one breaks at 6 ounces.....With room for more adjustment.

The "beauty" is what it does to the target.....One ragged hole at 50 yards with irons if you are able to do your part. ;)

No shit AR trigger either, this one breaks at 6 ounces.....With room for more adjustment.
I know that but I already have one ugly gun, my Hi-Point C9, one is enough...........

My favorite .22 is this Ruger 10/22 with 'sporter' stock. I punched a 'ragged hole' at 75 yards out of the box. It's a bit heavy but that helps accuracy.

Ruger 1022.JPG

I don't do match shooting so all those match guns and configurations mean nothing to me and are typically too expensive anyway. As for fun plinking with very good but not match grade accuracy is my S&W M&P 15-22.

M&P 15-22.jpg

I've since removed the light and the flip up sights plus replaced the red dot scope in the picture with a tactical red dot with laser pointer. It'll shoot groups under and inch at 50 yards.

I don't do match shooting so all those match guns and configurations mean nothing to me and are typically too expensive anyway. As for fun plinking with very good but not match grade accuracy is my S&W M&P 15-22.

View attachment 597556

I've since removed the light and the flip up sights plus replaced the red dot scope in the picture with a tactical red dot with laser pointer. It'll shoot groups under and inch at 50 yards.
Meh, if you don't mind going old-school and stay away from Anschutz they are not all that expensive. I gave $300 for the Walther this morning.

LOL....I bought one of the braced M&P 15-22 "pistols" a year or so back, they are fun. :)
s 001 (2).JPG
I even put my can on it and took it into the squirrel woods. No trouble limiting-out at all. it shoots better than it has any right to. ;)

I did replace the grip with a A1 and found a SIG Romeo 5 at the flea market for $15.00 I stuck on it. I just wish I could find some more 10-round mags for it. Then again I haven't looked for a while.

I bought what I believe is a variation of the Walther KKM Match rifle today. It's dated 1965.

It came with Walther sights electro-penciled on the bottom with the last two digits of the rifle's serial and a sight wrench.

I remember these came in to the importer some years back crated-up and they were all covered in cosmo.

This one has a nice looking stock but is covered in dings so I wait till Spring and refinish it.

View attachment 597473
I used to own an Anchutz .22 sporter rifle with the model 54 action

i kept it many years but sold it when I realized that the rifle was much more accurate than I was able to shoot

the germans make good stuff

Meh, if you don't mind going old-school and stay away from Anschutz they are not all that expensive. I gave $300 for the Walther this morning.

LOL....I bought one of the braced M&P 15-22 "pistols" a year or so back, they are fun. :)
View attachment 597562I even put my can on it and took it into the squirrel woods. No trouble limiting-out at all. it shoots better than it has any right to. ;)

I did replace the grip with a A1 and found a SIG Romeo 5 at the flea market for $15.00 I stuck on it. I just wish I could find some more 10-round mags for it. Then again I haven't looked for a while.
A Sig Romeo for $15.......... I hate you!!!!

:)

I used to own an Anchutz .22 sporter rifle with the model 54 action

i kept it many years but sold it when I realized that the rifle was much more accurate than I was able to shoot

the germans make good stuff
I bought a 1963 Annie 1411 at a swap meet in 2014. I thought it kinda "meh". I much prefer my Valmet M70 over it, I traded it for a M1 Carbine.....I kept the ammo though. ;)

dscn1999-2-jpg.790864

Here's my competition M1903. Made by Rock Island in 1908. Still in the original blue finish, though that is a little tired due to useage. The P.J. O'Hare sight hider is a pretty rare accessory these days. They used them to hide their sight settings at the matches.

Attachments

• DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 22
westwall

The tell is take the barreled action out and if you see two dimples under the barrel (they will be parked-over) it will be a ex-sniper.....The divot were made by the jig they use to mount the scope blocks.

I hope this helps.
DSCN88412-1.jpg

DSCN88422-1.jpg

Forum List

Back