19.5% of America is on Welfare?

Republicans, I will agree with you that this is unacceptable.

Overall: In 2019, 19.5 percent of the total population received or lived with a family member who received a benefit in any amount from TANF, SNAP, or SSI at any point during the year.

Glad to read this

With some exceptions, non-citizens entering the United States after August 22, 1996, the date of enactment of the welfare reform legislation, are not eligible for most welfare benefits, including Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), SSI, Medicaid, and the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), ...

The "or lived with" part of this statement makes these statistics invalid.

If my mother-in-law is living with me and collects any government benefits, I'm included in that stat even tough I make a good wage.

A majority of households receiving SNAP benefits include a child or an elderly or disabled person; according to the USDA, 38 percent of such households prior to the pandemic in fiscal year 2020 included children, and 51 percent contained someone who was elderly or disabled. However, many eligible people from those vulnerable groups do not receive any benefits.

Welfair isn't help. Welfair is a way of life. I,m not saying people don't sometimes need help. I'

Elderly disabled people need to get off their asses and stop being such bums?
My neihbor say "si senior" 87
N06%20003.jpg

Republicans, I will agree with you that this is unacceptable.

Overall: In 2019, 19.5 percent of the total population received or lived with a family member who received a benefit in any amount from TANF, SNAP, or SSI at any point during the year.

Glad to read this

With some exceptions, non-citizens entering the United States after August 22, 1996, the date of enactment of the welfare reform legislation, are not eligible for most welfare benefits, including Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), SSI, Medicaid, and the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), ...
you are so right, I have to agree, under Democrat rule the number of poor people has risen dramatically.

(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Ned Lamont today announced that the Connecticut Department of Social Services (DSS) will implement new eligibility benefit levels in the state’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) beginning October 1, 2022, that will result in an estimated 44,000 additional Connecticut residents in 17,600 households becoming eligible for the food assistance program.

Food Assistance - SNAP - CT.gov

portal.ct.gov/dss/SNAP/Supplemental-Nutrition-Assistance-Program---SNAP

portal.ct.gov/dss/SNAP/Supplemental-Nutrition-Assistance-Program---SNA

Don't worry, kids. The government spends $1.4 trillion on tax expenditures every year, which is more than twice the amount spent on all "welfare" programs combined.

And you don't hear the tard herd complaining about those government handouts they gladly accept.

Remind me who was President in 2019.
(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Ned Lamont today announced that the Connecticut Department of Social Services (DSS) will implement new eligibility benefit levels in the state’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) beginning October 1, 2022, that will result in an estimated 44,000 additional Connecticut residents in 17,600 households becoming eligible for the food assistance program.

portal.ct.gov/dss/SNAP/Supplemental-Nutrition-Assistance-Program---SNAP

What the fuck is wrong with 20% of families living with someone who gets government benefits?

I haven’t read the report and maybe I’m mis-interpreting it, but this presumably includes “SSI” — Social Security Insurance benefits, right?. If this is included, I would have expected the total percent to be much more than 19.5%!

I sure hope nobody here thinks I am … a “welfare bum” … just because I collect Social Security retirement benefits!

Interestingly enough, a large part of the military (E-5 and below) makes low enough wages to qualify for some form of governmental assistance.

I know that when my wife had our first child while I was active duty Navy and I was an E-4, my paycheck was low enough for me to qualify for WIC.

When my first son was born (this was in the mid 80's), I was wondering how in the hell I was going to be able to afford it (formula and diapers are expensive), so I talked with my supervisor about my son's upcoming birth and the possibility of me getting a second job. He told me to go down to the local WIC office (Women, Infants and Children) to see if I would qualify for assistance.

I took my LES (Leave and Earnings Statement) in, they did their calculations, and I happened to qualify. Found out later that damn near everyone in the military who is at the rank of E-5 and below is paid at a rate that they qualify for assistance. Whenever someone came into my office saying they were expecting (I worked in personnel) after that, I would direct them to go see the WIC people for help. Many of them got on the program and they were all grateful that they were able to get assistance for their newborn kids in the form of formula and groceries.

View attachment 806057

Changing the eligibility rules does not change the number of poor people. It only recognizes their poverty.

The numbers don't lie.

and what numbers are you referring too??

The unfortunate sons of a hard working single mother that can't be there 24/7, that may be going thru a divorce of an abusive relationship or the man ran off with a cheerleader ?????

Or the unfortunate sons of a hard working single mother that can still find it within themselves to bust those boys ass enough to teach them right from wrong???

OR the kids were just asses (kinda like you) and chose to break the law......or, or, or

The possible scenarios of why those kids end up in prison doesn't always mean the mom fucked up or didn't love her kids...'welfare' moms are not that much different than other moms

Forum List

Back