167 Consecutive Days Below Freezing

Discussion in 'Environment' started by Sunsettommy, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,491
    LOL OK boy, here you go

1. We will see more extreme weather events in the next decade than we have seen in any decade since the Industrial Revolution.

2. The Arctic Ice will continue to decline, and possibly have an ice free Arctic ocean for a brief time in September in the next decade, for sure, by the decade after that.

3. The deniers will lie about all of the above as it happens.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,491
    Dumb fuck, I have done so repeatedly. So, here we go again, from 1981;

Pubs.GISS: Hansen et al. 1981: Climate impact of increasing atmospheric carbon dioxide

Hansen et al. 1981
    Hansen, J., D. Johnson, A. Lacis, S. Lebedeff, P. Lee, D. Rind, and G. Russell, 1981: Climate impact of increasing atmospheric carbon dioxide. Science, 213, 957-966, doi:10.1126/science.213.4511.957.

The global temperature rose 0.2°C between the middle 1960s and 1980, yielding a warming of 0.4°C in the past century. This temperature increase is consistent with the calculated effect due to measured increases of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Variations of volcanic aerosols and possibly solar luminosity appear to be primary causes of observed fluctuations about the mean trend of increasing temperature. It is shown that the anthropogenic carbon dioxide warming should emerge from the noise level of natural climate variability by the end of the century, and there is a high probability of warming in the 1980s. Potential effects on climate in the 21st century include the creation of drought-prone regions in North America and central Asia as part of a shifting of climatic zones, erosion of the West Antarctic ice sheet with a consequent worldwide rise in sea level, and opening of the fabled Northwest Passage.

In 2007, the Northwest Passage opened up for the first time. In 2016, a 1000 passenger luxury cruise ship transited the passage. And the rest of the predictions have also been accurate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,491
    God, you are a stupid bastard. Old Lady is a lady, and does not call you what you deserve. I am not a gentleman. I am nearly 75 years old and still working as a millwright in a steel mill. And my hobby is geology, so I have been in the mountain ranges of the West since I started driving in the early '60's. And I have seen the glaciers and snowfields get smaller every decade in all the mountain ranges of the West. Here is a graph of extreme weather events by year;

[​IMG]

And 2017 would go right off that chart.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,491
    Warming trend?
    [​IMG]
    UAH Global Temperature Update for March, 2018: +0.24 deg. C « Roy Spencer, PhD

upload_2018-4-15_21-57-51.png
    Climate Change: Global Temperature | NOAA Climate.gov

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. westwall

westwall Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40,903

!. Define an "extreme weather event". Until you get a storm system that once again completely fills up the Central Valley of CA, as happened waay the hell back in 1862, you are orders of magnitude below any of the extreme weather events of the past.

2. It was supposed to be ice free by 2013 so I won't hold my breath.

3. Sceptics don't need to lie about anything. Every prediction (other than the most vague) that the AGW crowd has ever made has been wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. westwall

westwall Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40,903

I think you are referring to empirical, and even there you are wrong. YOUR experience is called "anecdotal" and is not considered evidence because what you observe will be very different from what another person in your area will observe. That's why scientific study, at least the hard sciences, rely on MEASURABLE data. It may be warm where you are right now, but where I am right now it is 29 degrees and we have a light snow coming down. And, my experience, though factual, has no bearing on whether man caused global cooling is occurring.

Do you understand the reason why measurable data is the only data that matters?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,457
    Oh Gawd....not this shit again.:ack-1:

MWP findings make all the UAH stuff irrelevant :2up:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/more-proof-the-skeptics-are-winn

Here ya go....instead of rejecting EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF INFORMATION that doesnt agree with the established narrative of the religion, learn something new for once. You might even get a little credibility around here

Your side has been in "F-You!!" mode for well over 10 years. And where has this strategy benefited you politically? AGW has been falling like a stone in water since 2006.....the public nodded off on it because all the spectacular k00k predictions made with an arrogant certainty that ended up train wrecking. You probably disagree but the rest of the world is no longer moved by statements made by the alarmist contingent.

Outside of the science club it's all about credibility.....

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  8. Billy_Bob

Billy_Bob Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,196
    How many times must Hansen'S discredited ass wipe be shown crap covered BS?

9. RWNJ

RWNJ BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,646
    First it was global cooling, and a looming ice age. Then, when they discovered the reality did not match their predictions, they changed the mantra to global warming...OMG! We're all gonna cook in our own juices! When their data, once again, did not match reality, they called it climate change. You know what this tells me, as well as anyone else with a firm grip on reality? They haven't got a blessed clue what they're talking about.

10. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,457
    But it's all good.... they go on and on and on and on about the science. But in the real world no one is caring about the science. The people who make public policy on climate change could not possibly be less interested. In other words they have yet to make the case..... except on internet message boards of course.:113::113::113:

And they know they're losing too..... losing huge. I mean you could enter Keira Knightley into a big boob contest and that's your girl..... but you know deep down you're coming home with the last place trophy.