150 million spent one creating 300 jobs in Michigan. job stimulus program is working

Discussion in 'Politics' started by keee keee, Jul 15, 2010.

1. keee keee

keee keee Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Thats $500.000.00 per job. How about giving me just half of that and I will create my own job!!! Where are the millions of jobs that Joe "Bite Me" Biden said were created. Are they counting the census jobs and fudging the numbers by adding them over and over again to create three million jobs. Nothing this administration says is true.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,934
    It's the Newer Deal

3. Flopper

Flopper Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,290
    And your source is ???

4. keee keee

keee keee Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +142
    you mean the screw us deal

5. keee keee

keee keee Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Obama went to a battery plant and did a speech yesterday which was given 150 million in stimulus money to create 300 jobs. Do the division and it is 500.000.00 per job. and these morons will be runing the healthcare system and they say we are going to save money. If you beleive that I have a bridge to sell you!!!!

6. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    Government cannot create jobs. For every job supposedly created there was at least one eliminated through higher taxes or other gov't action.

7. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    "Bite Me" Biden said "Created or Saved." 'Saved' is the key word there. This White House has routinely lied about Unemployment numbers. Most people just laugh at their numbers now. They just laid off 500 more teachers in my area alone yet they keep telling us that Unemployment is going down. There are roughly a Million Census Workers about to lose their jobs as well. But Unemployment is going down. Yea right. Personally i don't believe anything coming from this White House anymore. To be more blunt.."Bite Me" Biden is full of CHIT!

8. keee keee

keee keee Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Obama brings 600 jobs to Holland with battery plant
    July 16, 10:56 AMDetroit Careers ExaminerSima BallingerPrevious 6 comments Subscribe Subscribe

Get alerts when there is a new article from the Detroit Careers Examiner. Read Examiner.com's terms of use. Email Address

Include other special offers from Examiner.com
    Terms of Use

ShareThis

President Obama, Battery Plant bringing 600 jobs to Holland, MI
    AP Photo/Susan Walsh
    If you like this ...
    Relocate for a better life, RelocateAmerica Stats......
    Cultivate, reinvent or start your own business
    View all ยป President Obama’s visit to Holland, Michigan was all about improving the economy in Michigan. With the opening of LG Chem / Compact Power, Inc. battery plant, some 600 jobs will be created. Three hundred jobs will be created during the construction and three hundred more when the plant opens.

The plant opening is financed in part by a $151.4 million grant from the U. S. Department of Energy as part of the Recovery Act award for Electric Drive Vehicle Battery and Component Initiative.

Governor Jennifer Granholm, and the Mayor of Holland, Kurt Dykstra, were on hand to welcome the President. Volunteers, students and Democratic were amongst the supporters. The crowd came from many neighboring cities.

Holland is next door to Zeeland, Michigan; thirty minutes from Grand Rapids and two and a half hour drive from Detroit. Holland, Michigan is home of the Tulip Festival and Hope College, a private liberal arts college.

In a city of 35,000 residents, 600 jobs represents 17% of the Holland population. There are fifteen other surrounding cities and suburbs near Holland that may be affected by the expected battery plant opening: Cutlerville, East Grand Rapids, Forest Hills, Grandville, Grand Haven, Grand Rapids, Jenison, Kalamazoo, Kentwood, Muskegon, Muskegon Heights, Northview, Norton Shores, Walker and Wyoming, Michigan.

U.S. Representative, Pete Hoekstra, R-Holland, issued a statement on July 14, 2010 that the Michigan Department of Energy Labor and Economic Growth announced that the unemployment rate in Michigan fell to 13.2 in June from 13.6 in May. The new jobs creation will put a tiny, tiny, tiny dent in the decline of the unemployment rate.

Learn more about Compact Power, Inc, Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery Power, there might be a future in this company for you
    Hey Flopper!!!!

Did a quick goole search and found this there are many more!!!
    You Kool-aid drinkers can't handle the truth that your guy is an inexperienced failure and an empty suit in over his head!!!!

9. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    As the Elections draw nearer you can expect them to claim they created or "saved" a Zillion jobs. "Saved Jobs!" Still LMAO over that one.

10. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,181
    The state of Michigan also gave LG 140 million in tax credits to get that plant. Do you oppose that too?