15 men exonerated in one day -- and 7 Chicago cops taken off the street

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Chicago (CNN)The drug convictions of 15 men in Chicago have been thrown out after they claimed they were framed years earlier by a police sergeant, who went to prison for a related crime, and his team of officers.

The dismissal of charges against the men, who together had 18 convictions, is believed to the first-ever mass exoneration in Cook County, the nation's second most populous county.
"In these cases, we concluded, unfortunately, the police were not being truthful, and we couldn't have confidence in the integrity of their reports and their testimony, and so, in good conscience, we could not see these convictions stand," Mark Rotert of the Cook County Conviction Integrity Unit said in a news conference.

Snip*

The Good cops... Here's a good part

"If you're not gonna pay Watts, you were going to jail," Gipson recalled. "I went to jail and did 2 years and 24 months for Watts. I came home, and he put another case on me."
Gipson's attorney, Joshua Tepfer of the Exoneration Project, said officers took money from and charged dozens of people for crimes they did not commit.
"They were skimming off people, and anyone who would get in their way, they would frame them," he told CNN. "And anyone who tried to report them, they would frame them."

So congrats to those men who have been released. Now you get to have the rest of your life back and try explaining to potential employers the jail time. Aint it grand?

These 15 men were known drug dealers who needed to be off the streets and locked up.

The policemen should have been promoted and given a medal for helping to convict these criminals and sending them to prison. .... :cool:

Last edited:
These 15 men were known drug dealers who needed to be off the streets and locked up.

The policeman should have been promoted and given a medal for helping to convict these criminals and sending them to prison. .... :cool:

But, they werent. They were convicted of crimes

Convictions tossed out should mean no record; though some will claim 'technacality'. Litigation may be necessary.

Chicago (CNN)The drug convictions of 15 men in Chicago have been thrown out after they claimed they were framed years earlier by a police sergeant, who went to prison for a related crime, and his team of officers.

The dismissal of charges against the men, who together had 18 convictions, is believed to the first-ever mass exoneration in Cook County, the nation's second most populous county.
"In these cases, we concluded, unfortunately, the police were not being truthful, and we couldn't have confidence in the integrity of their reports and their testimony, and so, in good conscience, we could not see these convictions stand," Mark Rotert of the Cook County Conviction Integrity Unit said in a news conference.

Snip*

"If you're not gonna pay Watts, you were going to jail," Gipson recalled. "I went to jail and did 2 years and 24 months for Watts. I came home, and he put another case on me."
Gipson's attorney, Joshua Tepfer of the Exoneration Project, said officers took money from and charged dozens of people for crimes they did not commit.
"They were skimming off people, and anyone who would get in their way, they would frame them," he told CNN. "And anyone who tried to report them, they would frame them."

So congrats to those men who have been released. Now you get to have the rest of your life back and try explaining to potential employers the jail time. Aint it grand?

Yo, I see future convictions for these criminal scumbags, by the way, that decision would happen anywhere, google it!!!

"GTP"
tumblr_nmaot8lXln1tdxcdbo1_250.gif

Snip*

I like how you assume they were good law abiding cites who DIDN'T sell drugs. :laugh:

Snip*

in lib held cities such as Chicago

the cops who are hired by liberals

tend to turn out to be corrupt themselves

corruption and criminal activity go hand in hand in these liberal utopias

Snip*

Cop lovers will just swear he is the only cop to have ever done this.

Snip*

I like how you assume they were good law abiding cites who DIDN'T sell drugs. :laugh:

Huh? They were set up. Whats the defense for setting people up and/ or extortion?

Snip*

Believe it or not this isnt a lib city problem. People have abuse their powers since their have been powers to abuse

Snip*

Believe it or not this isnt a lib city problem. People have abuse their powers since their have been powers to abuse

if it happened in Chicago it certainly is a lib problem believe it or not ya dip shit

Snip*

if it happened in Chicago it certainly is a lib problem believe it or not ya dip shit

Yeah except this happens in all areas where people have power. Especially white people. That''s more of a pattern than who they vote for and it's always Middle Eastern Women.

Just kidding, it's always white males.

The policemen should have been promoted and given a medal for helping to convict these criminals and sending them to prison. .... :cool:
The cops in this story were totally out of line. Blackmailing, framing, lying, and BREAKING THE LAW! Cops like this give good cops a bad name. They damage the relationship between the officers and the community they serve. They go against the laws they swore to protect. They are power hungry pieces of shit that deserve to sit in prison for allllllll the years that his victims were wrongfully sentenced to, and then some.

Snip*

Doesn’t matter. They spent years in jail on fake charges. They should sue, big.

Snip*

Yeah except this happens in all areas where people have power. Especially white people. That''s more of a pattern than who they vote for and it's always Middle Eastern Women.

Just kidding, it's always white males.

blabber away all you want lefty fact is it is a lib problem in Chicago

cry away butt hurt bitch --LOL

Cops get tired of slippery criminals they know are dirty avoiding arrest. So they take matters into their own hands.

If the cops have to plant evidence, lie about what went on, or falsify certain parts of the case, I'm all for them.

And no doubt the communities the cops are protecting by locking up these criminals are happy to see them off the streets. .... :cool:

Cops get tired of slippery criminals they know are dirty avoiding arrest. So they take matters into their own hands.

If the cops have to plant evidence, lie about what went on, or falsify certain parts of the case, I'm all for them.

And no doubt the communities the cops are protecting by locking up these criminals are happy to see them off the streets. .... :cool:
Nope. False reporting is a crime. They aren’t “taking it into their own hands” they are committing criminal acts. They are now criminals as well.

Trust me, most criminals aren’t very slippery. Their job is to make a case, legally. If they can’t do that then the suspect goes free. That’s how it works in America.

Forum List

Back