LilOlLady's Everlasting Gobstopper Illegal Immigration Thread

14TH AMENDMENT NO LONGER NEEDED

The 14th amendment has long served it purpose and is no longer needed. It was brought forth to ensure citizenship for newly freed slaves. Since we no longer have “newly freed slaves” the 14th amendment is no longer needed and should be eliminated. It is now being gravely mis-used to give citizenship to children of illegal aliens and American born children of illegal aliens are not newly freed slaves and the 14th amendment do not apply to them.
I am with Lindsey Graham on this one. It is no longer needed and is only an incentive for illegal aliens women to come here to drop their babies here in hope they can be anchors for them. Children here born to illegal aliens should be citizens of their parents country.
:clap2:

No Amendment is EVER eliminated. Every Amendment ever passed is still on the books for a reason.

A REMINDER to future Generations of Mistakes made.

You can only Negate an Amendment with Another Amendment. You can not "eliminate" an Amendment.

For Example the Amendment that Made Alcohol illegal is still on the Books, and is simply Negated by an Amendment that Repealed it. It is there to remind us if we ever decide to out law Booze again, that we have been there and done that, and it didn't work out so well. It is important to Read the Entire Document for this reason as well, because you can not assume an amendment is still law until you have read them all and made sure none have negated the others.

Why do you think we never removed the part that Said Slaves were 2/3 of a person? Would it not make more sense to expunge that from the Record. Our Founding fathers did not think so, They wanted Reminders left in. That is why you can not eliminate an Amendment you can only Override it with another.

That said, I agree in principle with the Fact that the 14TH amendment is often Abused. People Regularly Attempt to Come Here illegally and then Have Children. We need to Amend it to somehow stop that Practice for sure.

Capitalize much?

Schmucks like you hiding behind the Constitution is the lowest form of sanctimony there is, junior.

He tries to hide behind the Constitution while at the same time ignoring it's intent. There is no such legal citizenship awarded to "anchor babies". I listen to those who wrote the Constitution for the intent of it.

"Every Person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons.
Senator Jacob Howard, Co-author of the citizenship clause of the 14th Amendment, 1866.

You "listen" to them? Are you channeling them, Walt?

Apparently you do not listen well. The children of illegal immigrants are not members of the families of foreign ministers, you dolt. They are US citizens.

They are foreigners/aliens. So they are not included. Who I channel is none of your business. You doltess.

Republicans are "strict constructionist". Except they want to rewrite the constitution.

Hispanics know they've been targeted and they know by whom. They won't forget.

What about signs like this?:
highres_6955167.jpeg

Oh..We support the constitution!!!
......Except for the part that gives the brown babies a chance at the american dream..

Oh...We support the constitution!!!

.....Except for the part that gives gays equal rights with heteros.

AMERICA’S TRAGIC MISTAKE
AUTOMATIC BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP

For children of illegal aliens. It is a mistake that Americans have paid a high price for, a tragic mistake and insult to descendants of slaves who had to earn citizenship with 200 years of free labor. 500,000 children who parents are subject to the jurisdiction of Mexico, did nothing but steal their way into this country.

The 14th Amendment did not exist before 1868 so it do not apply to those who entered this country prior to that date. Before there were any immigration laws. Those that come in through Ellis Island had to register and were allowed to enter. Some were not allow to enter.

Poverty do not justify thief. Those who love GOD and neighbor realize that stealing is never justified. Mark 12;28-31.

highres_6955167.jpeg

......Except for the part that gives the brown babies a chance at the american dream..

Exactly where does the constitution Guarantee anyone's right to marry anyone else? It does not. That was a power left to the states. Plain and simple.

What I find funny is when a VERY LIBERAL state like California Votes against their right to marry. You guys try and blame it on conservatives.

You know why Cali voted they way they did? Because while the large Hispanic Population in Cali tends to vote Democrat. They also tend to be SOCIALLY conservative. It was Hispanics in Cali that caused their Ban on Gay marriage to pass, not conservatives.

Last edited:
highres_6955167.jpeg

Exactly where does the constitution Guarantee anyone's right to marry anyone else? It does not. That was a power left to the states. Plain and simple.

What I find funny is when a VERY LIBERAL state like California Votes against their right to marry. You guys try and blame it on conservatives.

You know why Cali voted they way they did? Because while the large Hispanic Population in Cali tends to vote Democrat. They also tend to be SOCIALLY conservative. It was Hispanics in Cali that caused their Ban on Gay marriage to pass, not conservatives.

When did it become "American" to vote on "civil rights"?

14TH AMENDMENT NO LONGER NEEDED

The 14th amendment has long served it purpose and is no longer needed. It was brought forth to ensure citizenship for newly freed slaves. Since we no longer have “newly freed slaves” the 14th amendment is no longer needed and should be eliminated. It is now being gravely mis-used to give citizenship to children of illegal aliens and American born children of illegal aliens are not newly freed slaves and the 14th amendment do not apply to them.
I am with Lindsey Graham on this one. It is no longer needed and is only an incentive for illegal aliens women to come here to drop their babies here in hope they can be anchors for them. Children here born to illegal aliens should be citizens of their parents country.
:clap2:

No Amendment is EVER eliminated. Every Amendment ever passed is still on the books for a reason.

A REMINDER to future Generations of Mistakes made.

You can only Negate an Amendment with Another Amendment. You can not "eliminate" an Amendment.

For Example the Amendment that Made Alcohol illegal is still on the Books, and is simply Negated by an Amendment that Repealed it. It is there to remind us if we ever decide to out law Booze again, that we have been there and done that, and it didn't work out so well. It is important to Read the Entire Document for this reason as well, because you can not assume an amendment is still law until you have read them all and made sure none have negated the others.

Why do you think we never removed the part that Said Slaves were 2/3 of a person? Would it not make more sense to expunge that from the Record. Our Founding fathers did not think so, They wanted Reminders left in. That is why you can not eliminate an Amendment you can only Override it with another.

That said, I agree in principle with the Fact that the 14TH amendment is often Abused. People Regularly Attempt to Come Here illegally and then Have Children. We need to Amend it to somehow stop that Practice for sure.

Capitalize much?

That's all you ever have isn't it? The discussion is too cerebral for you, but you can't just keep quiet, so you have to attack.

The man made a perfectly valid point, who gives a shit if his capitalization was a little suspect. Should I start editing your posts for grammar, punctuation , and spelling from now on?

Republicans are "strict constructionist". Except they want to rewrite the constitution.

Hispanics know they've been targeted and they know by whom. They won't forget.

Hey peabrain. i am a strict Constitutionalists , guess what that means? It means I understand that the COTUS in fact allows us to amend it.

MORON.

When did it become "American" to vote on "civil rights"?

No one has a constitutional right to marry END OF DISCUSSION. And before you start with your shit, I have been very clear. I believe the vote in CA never should have taken place because I do not believe that the state can offer a state can offer a license to one group , but not another BUT claiming that as a right is wrong. California COULD decide that they won't license marriage at all anymore, and that would be constitutionally legal, because they are not required to do so. Not for gays, and not for straights.

pretty sure marriage is a religious institution. it should be up to the church and the government should stay the fuck out.

Makes a great slogan Liberty...but no damned sense. Government is uniquely poised to determine who has custody of minor children. Who inherits property. Who gets a tax break a la marriage. Who can bring a lawsuit on behalf of another. Etc.

Yanno....the rights and duties that flow from "marriage" and "family"? Unless, of course, you think "family" is an antiquated, outmoded, anti-American idea as well.

I like the 14th amendment. If it weren’t for all those sneaky illegals from Mexico, why bother? I bother. I know what assholes they are. And that isn't a opinion, it is a fact. They hate you gringos. Hate might be a strong word. They prefer to ignore you, with prejudice, call it that. I prefer NOT to ignore their ignorance. I want them to immigrate legally, and forget about their excuses. I know the 14th amendment full well. So do Wetters. It is why they are here.

U.S. CITIZENSHIP FOR SALE

Chinese pay $20,000 to come to this country, have their babies and go home and that child is a U.S. citizenship for ever. Other wealthy foreigners does the same thing.

Mexican women pay to be brought across the border to an American hospital just to have their baby so it can be a U.S. citizen.

This is what the 14th amendment does to U.S. citizenship. It causes mis-use and cheapens U.S. citizenship. That is a very good, sound and economically reason why the 14th Amendment should be correctly interpreted, rescinded, repealed retroactive. Nullify and void all automatic birthright citizenship since 1868.

Illegal aliens steal across the border with children, but when they want to take them back to Mexico with them, they go to the embassy and get papers to get them in legally. They do not sneak them into Mexico. Because Mexico will not take the B.S. that we do.

AMERICA’S TRAGIC MISTAKE
AUTOMATIC BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP

For children of illegal aliens. It is a mistake that Americans have paid a high price for, a tragic mistake and insult to descendants of slaves who had to earn citizenship with 200 years of free labor. 500,000 children who parents are subject to the jurisdiction of Mexico, did nothing but steal their way into this country.

The 14th Amendment did not exist before 1868 so it do not apply to those who entered this country prior to that date. Before there were any immigration laws. Those that come in through Ellis Island had to register and were allowed to enter. Some were not allow to enter.

Poverty do not justify thief. Those who love GOD and neighbor realize that stealing is never justified. Mark 12;28-31.
Give the kids their crack back. OK ?

Still, the debate could resonate in Texas, where not only 1.5 million illegal immigrants are estimated to reside but at least 60,000 babies are added to their households annually.

Parkland Memorial Hospital delivers more of those babies than any other hospital in the state. Last year at Parkland, 11,071 babies were born to women who were noncitizens, about 74 percent of total deliveries. Most of these women are believed to be in the country illegally.

Across Texas, 60,000 babies of noncitizens get U.S. birthright | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

60,000 births paid for by the taxpayers. 60,000 children receiving healthcare and education. 120,000 parents using these children as an argument for amnesty. Stop the madness already.

Forum List

Back