12 states have not had a school shooting

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Report: Shots fired at Hawaii school

The article is actually about a cop shooting a kid in the wrist. It sounds like the cop acted appropriately although I wonder why air tasers/stun guns are used in situations like this.

But this is what jumped out at me -

Hawaii is one of 12 states that have not had someone entering a campus with the intent to shoot, state Education Department officials said.

Way it's phrased makes it sound very highly cherry-picked. Columbine wasn't a shooter from outside either but it one of the most notorious school-shootings ever.

Googling around I can't come up with a search string that results in this claim. I'm thus inclined to believe it was in fact highly specialized to make it appear some states have never had a school shooting by restricting the definition when in fact they all have.

Report: Shots fired at Hawaii school

The article is actually about a cop shooting a kid in the wrist. It sounds like the cop acted appropriately although I wonder why air tasers/stun guns are used in situations like this.

But this is what jumped out at me -

Hawaii is one of 12 states that have not had someone entering a campus with the intent to shoot, state Education Department officials said.

I guess that means that there are 11 now.

Unless of course, different rules apply to cops.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back