100 Billion dollars we don't have

Nice try. The public debt cannot be blamed on either the Democratic Party or the Republican Party. Your post was dishonest, and you are a liar.
Personally, my wife and I pay very little interest. We have zero credit card debt, own our cars, and only owe on our home (on which we have more equity than we owe). And, I'm a Democrat. Can you - a conservative (presumably Republican voter) say the same?
My point being, the public debt is obscene but only the Republican party would make a bigger deal out of Janet Jackson's exposed breast during their time in power than the off budget spending on a war of choice. Maybe liar is too strong, let's say you're simply a political hack and a hypocrite.

I can...and you probably did it sooner than I did. I believe in being as debt free as possible with a 3 year emergency fund. So far I've been quite lucky in that I have a good job and a military pension...and the Healthcare Bill will have ZERO effect on me and my family as I am exempt from the requirements because I'm a veteran.

Luck likely had little to do with it, you planned and worked to get what you have. Me, I had luck along with planning. My wife made it clear it was stupid to carry debt. My fiscal responsibility - before marriage - went so far as to record checks for over the amount (say I bought a pizza for $17.22, I wrote in the register $18). I never bounced a check, but I never reconciled the account either. After we wed, my new wife took the checkbook, found I had over $300 in the account I was unaware of, and never allowed me to have the check book again.
We too have at least a one year emergency fund, and during the Bush years had our passports and enough euros to get established if we felt our country ventured too far to the right. Listening to Sarah Palin and some on this message board, I'm glad we kept the euros for two reasons (1 to 1.65 for a while this year).

SO you are prepared to bail out on your country? Do you need any assistance packing? We don't need fair weather Americans. We need real Americans, you and those like you are free to leave whenever you are ready, just remember to purchase a one way ticket.

Why are you so dishonest? "There are liars, damn liars and statistics", Mark Twain wrote over a century ago, and still people like you post crap like this. The only explanation for your dishonesty is based on your beliefs, beliefs that are based on emotion and not reason. Why not take a moment, before you respond and call me a name, and consider your post. If you need a little help, go get the latest almanac and look up the section on the US Economy, look at the public debt as it grew from the days of President Washington until today.

Sorry if you have a problem with math.

What's the interest on a 12 trillion dollar loan?

Call me a liar!!!!

Pretty hilarious.

Nice try. The public debt cannot be blamed on either the Democratic Party or the Republican Party. Your post was dishonest, and you are a liar.
Personally, my wife and I pay very little interest. We have zero credit card debt, own our cars, and only owe on our home (on which we have more equity than we owe). And, I'm a Democrat. Can you - a conservative (presumably Republican voter) say the same?
My point being, the public debt is obscene but only the Republican party would make a bigger deal out of Janet Jackson's exposed breast during their time in power than the off budget spending on a war of choice. Maybe liar is too strong, let's say you're simply a political hack and a hypocrite.

I'm not a republican, but I am a conservative, and I'm willing to guess you owe more on your home than I do, and I'm debt free other than that. I have the Bush years to thank for being in the position I am today. I'm under 60 and retired, God bless America, and the free market system that we have in place.

Obama has pledged 100 billion dollars to global warming. Isn't it nice we are spending money we do not have for things we do not even know we can effect?

Congress yesterday budgeted $100 Billion to fight the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (though they did not included the $30 Billion for the new 'surge'). The $100 B does not consider the heartache of every family whose son, dad, husband, daughter, mom, wife is KIA or permanently disabled; or the medical expenses for all of those seriously wounded, or the after care for Iraq, as we build their bridges, and highways as ours go to shit.

Why do we - strike that - why do conservatives always believe we have enough money to prosecute war but never enough to educate our children, provide basic health care for all Americans and make sure all of OUR citizens have basic food, clothing and shelter?

Answer, because conservatives are chicken shit little bunnies who want the government to protect them form the evil world, but don't give a shit if an American child goes to bed hungry. Of course that's only my opinion, but based on the bull shit from right wing posters on this MB, I suspect it's pretty accurate.

You can take your opinion and shove it where the sun don't shine, sideways.

Who the fuck are you to generalize conservatives as chickenshit or not caring about children? Conservatives give more to charities than Liberals do year after year.

It's not the Governments job to care for lazy Joe that hasn't looked for a job in 3 years. But has a cell phone and 5 televisions.

Conservative Voters Are More Liberal With*Charity - Philanthropy.com

Thanks for sharing. If you don't mind, either post evidence that conservatives give more than liberals: Amount and beneficeries - or admit your simply responding with BS.

I can...and you probably did it sooner than I did. I believe in being as debt free as possible with a 3 year emergency fund. So far I've been quite lucky in that I have a good job and a military pension...and the Healthcare Bill will have ZERO effect on me and my family as I am exempt from the requirements because I'm a veteran.

Luck likely had little to do with it, you planned and worked to get what you have. Me, I had luck along with planning. My wife made it clear it was stupid to carry debt. My fiscal responsibility - before marriage - went so far as to record checks for over the amount (say I bought a pizza for $17.22, I wrote in the register $18). I never bounced a check, but I never reconciled the account either. After we wed, my new wife took the checkbook, found I had over $300 in the account I was unaware of, and never allowed me to have the check book again.
We too have at least a one year emergency fund, and during the Bush years had our passports and enough euros to get established if we felt our country ventured too far to the right. Listening to Sarah Palin and some on this message board, I'm glad we kept the euros for two reasons (1 to 1.65 for a while this year).

Too bad you didn't have the balls to leave, Wry. A lot of movie stars stated that if Bush was elected they would leave the country, but ended up being nothing but drivel, just like your pathetic statement.

Wouldn't that be nice if I left. Then you and the other members of the conservative chic would have one less person to bring you down, you could all meet on this board and please each other with complments on how smart y'all are and how dumb 'liberals' are.
You would never need to question your opinions (not that YOU ever do). Wouldn't that be great.

Congress yesterday budgeted $100 Billion to fight the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (though they did not included the $30 Billion for the new 'surge'). The $100 B does not consider the heartache of every family whose son, dad, husband, daughter, mom, wife is KIA or permanently disabled; or the medical expenses for all of those seriously wounded, or the after care for Iraq, as we build their bridges, and highways as ours go to shit.

Why do we - strike that - why do conservatives always believe we have enough money to prosecute war but never enough to educate our children, provide basic health care for all Americans and make sure all of OUR citizens have basic food, clothing and shelter?

Answer, because conservatives are chicken shit little bunnies who want the government to protect them form the evil world, but don't give a shit if an American child goes to bed hungry. Of course that's only my opinion, but based on the bull shit from right wing posters on this MB, I suspect it's pretty accurate.

You can take your opinion and shove it where the sun don't shine, sideways.

Who the fuck are you to generalize conservatives as chickenshit or not caring about children? Conservatives give more to charities than Liberals do year after year.

It's not the Governments job to care for lazy Joe that hasn't looked for a job in 3 years. But has a cell phone and 5 televisions.

Conservative Voters Are More Liberal With*Charity - Philanthropy.com

Thanks for sharing. If you don't mind, either post evidence that conservatives give more than liberals: Amount and beneficeries - or admit your simply responding with BS.

Um, shit for brains, I gave one link showing that already, in the post that you just answered. If it were my opinion I would have said so. But the link is there I'll post it again just for you.

Conservative Voters Are More Liberal With Charity - Philanthropy.com

There, you just have to right click on it. Can you handle that or do you need some assistance?

And no I will not go looking for any further amounts or to which charities as that probably isn't listed and truly is none of our Business.

I could give you a list of organizations that I give to but I will not reveal the amounts. Its called privacy. Would you care for a list of my donations?

Too bad you didn't have the balls to leave, Wry. A lot of movie stars stated that if Bush was elected they would leave the country, but ended up being nothing but drivel, just like your pathetic statement.

Wouldn't that be nice if I left. Then you and the other members of the conservative chic would have one less person to bring you down, you could all meet on this board and please each other with complments on how smart y'all are and how dumb 'liberals' are.
You would never need to question your opinions (not that YOU ever do). Wouldn't that be great.

Nobody is asking you to leave the board, Wry. There is still internet where you would be moving to. But, if the United States isn't good for you, then get the hell out of here and just don't talk about.

Gee, you made the offer.

SO you are prepared to bail out on your country? Do you need any assistance packing? We don't need fair weather Americans. We need real Americans, you and those like you are free to leave whenever you are ready, just remember to purchase a one way ticket.

I am a real American. Simply because I don't dig out my dress blues and post that as my picture proves nothing (And if I did I wouldn't look like Opie from Mayberry, rfd).

I am a real American. Simply because I don't dig out my dress blues and post that as my picture proves nothing (And if I did I wouldn't look like Opie from Mayberry, rfd).

I have never posted any picture in dress blues. I did have an old picture in Dress Greens up, but have since changed it to one where I was marching with the firing squad of the American Legion to do a 21 gun salute on Memorial day. Which doesn't prove I am a real American. What proves you are not is that you have plans to bail out. Unless of course you were lying, which just makes you a liar. Either way you really aren't worth much as far as I'm concerned.

Never been compared to Opie before, Unless the troops really kept it quiet. But regardless, nice try at changing the subject. Still, need any help packing?

Nobody is asking you to leave the board, Wry. There is still internet where you would be moving to. But, if the United States isn't good for you, then get the hell out of here and just don't talk about.

Read my post. I had a plan if, and it is a big IF, this nation moved too far right. In 2006, and in 2008 the American people corrected our drift onto the idiot fringe. Yet, we remain in danger from the far right today, all one needs to do is pay attention to the tea bag movement, the words of Dick and Liz Cheney and the nuts on this message board.
Those who support the Cheney's, et al, and their jingoistic, militaristic, divisive rhetoric fail to see it is mostly emotional, not rational and potentially dangerous.
Consider, just for a moment, a fictional neighbor who surrounds his home with fences and lights for security, who always wears a handgun on his hip in sight for all to see, and rarely speaks to anyone on the block. Consider that when he does speak his concern is always for himself, never does he listen to others nor has he ever offered to help anyone on the block.

Read my post. I had a plan if, and it is a big IF, this nation moved too far right. In 2006, and in 2008 the American people corrected our drift onto the idiot fringe. Yet, we remain in danger from the far right today, all one needs to do is pay attention to the tea bag movement, the words of Dick and Liz Cheney and the nuts on this message board.
Those who support the Cheney's, et al, and their jingoistic, militaristic, divisive rhetoric fail to see it is mostly emotional, not rational and potentially dangerous.
Consider, just for a moment, a fictional neighbor who surrounds his home with fences and lights for security, who always wears a handgun on his hip in sight for all to see, and rarely speaks to anyone on the block. Consider that when he does speak his concern is always for himself, never does he listen to others nor has he ever offered to help anyone on the block.

I didn't know you were one of my neighbors. I'd better add and extra coil of razor wire.

I never suggested the United States was not good enough for me, or posted anything close to such a sentiment - why suggest I did (I know why, but I'll let that go, for now).
I never wear a hat with tea bags hanging from it, advocate secession from the union or support Nullification; I have sworn on three occassions to support and defend the Constitution of the United Statess, and have done so as a sailor and as a peace officer. And now retired I continue to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic - those who advocate dis-union by secession and the Nunllification of our laws are domestic enemies.
I support the war on terror with my taxes - though I completely disagree with the manner in which Bush&Co engaged terrorism; and do not agree with Obama's recent 'surge' in Afghanistan.

Why are you so dishonest? "There are liars, damn liars and statistics", Mark Twain wrote over a century ago, and still people like you post crap like this. The only explanation for your dishonesty is based on your beliefs, beliefs that are based on emotion and not reason. Why not take a moment, before you respond and call me a name, and consider your post. If you need a little help, go get the latest almanac and look up the section on the US Economy, look at the public debt as it grew from the days of President Washington until today.

Sorry if you have a problem with math.

What's the interest on a 12 trillion dollar loan?

Call me a liar!!!!

Pretty hilarious.

Fuck Janet Jackson.

This is about running up the debt.

We've got double what it was the last time Congress was in the hands of the GOP [three years ago] and that was only for 2 short years. The rest of the last 10 has been under the Democrat Party's control..in the Senate....which is all that matters.

Who do you think was always telling Bush that no matter how much he spent "It doesn't Go Far Enough". The Dems. You must have forgotten this.

No amount of money spent was enough for them while Bush was President.

Don't you remember any of this?

Jesus....how old are you. You can't be suffering from Alzheimers already.:confused:

Last edited:
Some people still insist that we be reactive instead of proactive against terrorism. It just doesn't work. It didn't work in the 70's against Baader-Meinhoff, and being reactive will not work against Al Quaeda. Terrorism isn't a crime it's a war.

Your a paranoid doofus, Wry. But it's obvious that you don't like the freedoms our country has fought for over the last 225+ years. Your more of a suppression of liberties type of individual, and let the government control your life. Go to any other country in the world, if you want that so bad, because none of them, and I mean NONE OF THEM have more freedoms than we do.
Your probably going to go with your plan B after the next election, because the TEA PARTY movement has had impact and exposing your ideology. YOU ARE THE FRINGE, Wry.
You don't even like freedom of speech and expression, Wry.
Have a good day.

Some people still insist that we be reactive instead of proactive against terrorism. It just doesn't work. It didn't work in the 70's against Baader-Meinhoff, and being reactive will not work against Al Quaeda. Terrorism isn't a crime it's a war.

"Some people" - you sound much like a fox newscaster. I didn't suggest being reactive, Bush reacted by invading Iraq, a soverign nation which had nothing to do with 9/11.
What Bush should have done was to make OBL out to be the villian he is, and to reach out to Islam and the entire ME seeking to bring OBL and his core managers to justice. That is proactive. Instead, "Crusade" was the first word out of his mouth and his "Crusade" has cost us almost 5,000 American lives, and more than three times that in serious injury and a $ trillion (?) or more in treasure. The entire cost of the Iraq fiasco will not be known for at least a generation.

"Some people" - you sound much like a fox newscaster. I didn't suggest being reactive, Bush reacted by invading Iraq, a soverign nation which had nothing to do with 9/11.
What Bush should have done was to make OBL out to be the villian he is, and to reach out to Islam and the entire ME seeking to bring OBL and his core managers to justice. That is proactive. Instead, "Crusade" was the first word out of his mouth and his "Crusade" has cost us almost 5,000 American lives, and more than three times that in serious injury and a $ trillion (?) or more in treasure. The entire cost of the Iraq fiasco will not be known for at least a generation.

So now you want to redefine what Offensive Action means. You redefined what a Patriot was so I guess you won't stop there.

Bush got tired of us being a target. Of reacting.

He decided to go on offense.

Before Iraq I was in the military and saw Muslims taking flights...turning around and flying immediately back...intelligence gathering. Once Iraq started their funds dried up so they couldn't plan attacks like before. All of their resources were being used in the insurgency.

The costs......all of that up-armoring for Hummers. armor, new weapons and training. We've got the best equipped army in the world now. That must really suck to you.

Last edited:

Your a paranoid doofus, Wry. But it's obvious that you don't like the freedoms our country has fought for over the last 225+ years. Your more of a suppression of liberties type of individual, and let the government control your life. Go to any other country in the world, if you want that so bad, because none of them, and I mean NONE OF THEM have more freedoms than we do.
Your probably going to go with your plan B after the next election, because the TEA PARTY movement has had impact and exposing your ideology. YOU ARE THE FRINGE, Wry.
Have a good day.

A "paranoid doofus". Name calling has reached a new level - :lol:

Have a good day.

A "paranoid doofus". Name calling has reached a new level - :lol:
Just stating a fact, wry....and you calling a veteran, "Opie"? Look in the mirror, doofus.

Have you forgotten that Clinton launched cruise missile strikes against Iraq? You make it sound like the right ME policy was obvious. To his credit Bush removed Saddam, permanently. You have no clue what damage Saddam could have done if left in-power. So stop whining about it.
If the muslims were legit they would have crushed the terrorists in their midst. Instead they support them and play us for chumps. How stupid is it to blindly ignore a "clear and present danger"?? You better think about the real dangers before its too late. I vote to minimize the problem here in the US.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back