100 Billion dollars we don't have

Obama has pledged 100 billion dollars to global warming. Isn't it nice we are spending money we do not have for things we do not even know we can effect?
What do you mean don't have? Are the presses broken?

Obama has pledged 100 billion dollars to global warming. Isn't it nice we are spending money we do not have for things we do not even know we can effect?
What do you mean don't have? Are the presses broken?

No, the presses are fine. We are not allowed to cut down the trees to make the paper. That's caring for the planet. Oops. :eusa_eh:

Hey Obama, how about forking over the Nobel Prize million? Lead by example.

P.S. You know Congress has to agree with you Mr. President?

Dont worry. BO can pledge all he wants but nothing will happen unless Congress Approves it.

God what am I saying??? Of course those schmucks will approve it. Whats another 100 million when we're already 12 TRILLION in debt. Don't sweat the small stuff!!!

OK, let's say, just on a whim, that the vast majority of the world scientific community is right...

and that all the internet conspiracy theorists, right-wing-radio talk-show hosts and the few scientists that refute global warming (having been paid well by the Oil Corporations) are wrong.

Let's just propose that this is the case. I know it's just CRAZY to do so. I know that of course internet conspiracy theorists are always wiser than the world scientific community, but let's stretch our imaginations for a minute.

If this is in fact the case, then a large chunk of the world's land mass will soon dissappear, and weather patterns will change turning a large portion of the world's surviving land area into dry, unliveable wastelands. War, disease, starvation and poverty will follow, and BILLIONS of people will likely DIE.

Now, given the chance of that possibility, however "slight" you may think it is, you don't think it's worth devoting 1/5 of one year's defense budget (without the war funding included) on taking steps to prevent such a catastrophie???

Seriously? Are you people sociopaths?

Last edited:
OK, let's say, just on a whim, that the vast majority of the world scientific community is right...

and that all the internet conspiracy theorists, right-wing-radio talk-show hosts and the few scientists that refute global warming (having been paid well by the Oil Corporations) are wrong.

Let's just propose that this is the case. I know it's just CRAZY to do so. I know that of course internet conspiracy theorists are always wiser than the world scientific community, but let's stretch our imaginations for a minute.

If this is in fact the case, then a large chunk of the world's land mass will soon dissappear, and weather patterns will change turning a large portion of the world's surviving land area into dry, unliveable wastelands. War, disease, starvation and poverty will follow, and BILLIONS of people will likely DIE.

Now, given the chance of that possibility, however "slight" you may think it is, you don't think it's worth devoting 1/5 of one year's defense budget (without the war funding included) on taking steps to prevent such a catastrophie???

Seriously? Are you people sociopaths?

Sorry...Cap & Trades shows that's a lie.

If it's that important they wouldn't allow anyone to pollute....not just the undeveloped countries.

It's a hoax because if the threat was real we wouldn't be paying China to pollute. We wouldn't be selling carbon credits and making Al Gore into a Billionaire.

If the threat was real nobody would be allowed to send Carbon Dioxide into the atmosphere.

We would all be burning newspapers to keep warm.

Last edited:
Sorry...Cap & Trades shows that's a lie.

Sure it does, sure it does.

If it's that important they wouldn't allow anyone to pollute....not just the undeveloped countries.

Except that Cap and Trade stops said underdeveloped countries from razing and destroying important environmental areas (like rainforests and wetlands) they would otherwise have developed. You do understand that trees do away with greenhouse gases and turn them into Oxygen, right?

It's a hoax because if the threat was real we wouldn't be paying China to pollute. We wouldn't be selling carbon credits and making Al Gore into a Billionaire.

What does that even mean?

If the threat was real nobody would be allowed to send Carbon Dioxide into the atmosphere.

We would all be burning newspapers to keep warm.

Who would enforce that exactly? They're having a hard enough time getting even this amount of prevention done, thanks to people like you, specifically.

And if they're right, (and again I guess we'll just have to make a vast stretch of the imagination to take the word of the World Scientific community over internet conspiracy theorists) that would make you and your buddies Sociopaths and mass murderers.

Last edited:

Congress yesterday budgeted $100 Billion to fight the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (though they did not included the $30 Billion for the new 'surge'). The $100 B does not consider the heartache of every family whose son, dad, husband, daughter, mom, wife is KIA or permanently disabled; or the medical expenses for all of those seriously wounded, or the after care for Iraq, as we build their bridges, and highways as ours go to shit.

Why do we - strike that - why do conservatives always believe we have enough money to prosecute war but never enough to educate our children, provide basic health care for all Americans and make sure all of OUR citizens have basic food, clothing and shelter?

Answer, because conservatives are chicken shit little bunnies who want the government to protect them form the evil world, but don't give a shit if an American child goes to bed hungry. Of course that's only my opinion, but based on the bull shit from right wing posters on this MB, I suspect it's pretty accurate.

So what good is this money that we don't have and that we won't be giving to anyone do for anyone anyway? If we humans are by some stretch of the imagination causing global warming then throwing money at it is not going to make it all better. We will adapt and change as we need to. And the Government cannot force it.

Congress yesterday budgeted $100 Billion to fight the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (though they did not included the $30 Billion for the new 'surge'). The $100 B does not consider the heartache of every family whose son, dad, husband, daughter, mom, wife is KIA or permanently disabled; or the medical expenses for all of those seriously wounded, or the after care for Iraq, as we build their bridges, and highways as ours go to shit.

Why do we - strike that - why do conservatives always believe we have enough money to prosecute war but never enough to educate our children, provide basic health care for all Americans and make sure all of OUR citizens have basic food, clothing and shelter?

Answer, because conservatives are chicken shit little bunnies who want the government to protect them form the evil world, but don't give a shit if an American child goes to bed hungry. Of course that's only my opinion, but based on the bull shit from right wing posters on this MB, I suspect it's pretty accurate.

Don't judge all conservatives from the people on this board Wry. Most of the folks here are radical extremists.

Most conservatives are really pretty decent people once you get to know them. They're just exposed to too many bad influences.

So what good is this money that we don't have and that we won't be giving to anyone do for anyone anyway? If we humans are by some stretch of the imagination causing global warming then throwing money at it is not going to make it all better. We will adapt and change as we need to. And the Government cannot force it.

I respect this point of view much more than the deniers.

At least you're facing the world with a pragmatic view, rather than thinking there's some sort of global conspiracy out to get you.

And who knows, maybe technology will get us out of this mess? Personally I think we should take every step we can to avoid it, but we do tend to adapt to bad situations pretty quickly.

Don't judge all conservatives from the people on this board Wry. Most of the folks here are radical extremists.

Most conservatives are really pretty decent people once you get to know them. They're just exposed to too many bad influences.

Why don'ty you two get a room.
Radical extremists? Only to a Marxist. :lol:

Actually, I believe it is $100 billion from the rich countries to the developing countries, of which America would contribute a part.

The Democrats are going to ride out on their unicorns to the magical money tree and just pluck off the never-ending source of cash.

I think that - despite all the loons and crazies in the party - I might be supporting the Republicans in the 2010 election. This shows remarkable cluelessness on the part of the Democrats.

Its best that one party not control everything. This is why. Well, that and 2002 through 2006.

Last edited:

Of course I agree, I myself have some conservative beliefs - and you're spot on, those on this message board are the fringe on the idiot fringe.

Don't judge all conservatives from the people on this board Wry. Most of the folks here are radical extremists. Most conservatives are really pretty decent people once you get to know them. They're just exposed to too many bad influences.

I must have missed that part in the Constitution where the Feds are supposed to provide free food, shelter and clothing for me and my family?! Then if we open the borders, that means that someone is supposed to provide free food, clothing, medicine, and provide shelter for everyone who comes into the US.

I must have missed that somewhere after working all day and paying too much income in taxes. I don't consider myself a radical or extremist, just a working stiff fed up with leeches and maggots of all types.

Forum List

Back