10 years/ $75 Million....

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2017
Tejas
Man.

We Aggies are obsessed with winning at all costs these days. I was in school during the Slocum years, and I remember him bitching about facilities while we were bitching about coaching quality.

We have them both now (allegedly). There should be no excuses, right? What if Fisher sucks?
:lol:

I hope it pays off. Otherwise, start investing in Rebecca Creek stock.

I was shocked too. He did not do a very good job Florida St. I am surprised A&M wanted him, especially to the tune of $75 M over 10 years.
Maybe he will be a better fit there, who knows.
00C12B~225.GIF

We have been spending like a trust-fund kid on facilities (over half a billion) and now this.

Oh, well. It's not my money, but I guess we're going for broke. We either break into the blue blood club (more like buy into) or the program blows up in a mushroom cloud of failure.

Either way, my misery ends.

Well jimbo has done some good things for sure. But a couple of things. I don’t think he ever bled garnet and gold. He must not care for any adversity. And he must care an awful lot for the money. I am in the camp of 5.5 million isn’t that much different from 7.5 million so at some point you coach because you believe in the place you are at. There were apparently some locker room issues and a number of players were going to transfer if jimbo stayed. Tallahassee is a fickle town that doesn’t show up for a losing team and I think that galled jimbo. I never knew this, but Tallahassee has the fewest number of people living within a 100 miles of any team in the power five conferences. Jimbo apparently didn’t like the facilities either even though the school built a brand new indoor and ac field for him. Game day said this was a win win for both schools. Maybe from an atmosphere standpoint that is true, but for all his acumen jimbo comes across as a petulant greedy opportunist who is going to bolt at the first sign of adversity.

I know nothing about Taggart except that I have seen his picture, heard his resume, and been told he is a great recruiter. He’s black, has an obama 100 watt smile and is young. He may be a perfect fit for fsu. I don’t think money will be a problem. We will see, but the whole chain of events is still a shock.

Forum List

Back