1 in 4 high school seniors at this Boone County school have associate degrees

AMart

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2020
This is a great looking STEM school. Checked out their website no CRT crap.
Kids can graduate high school with an associate, or if they are really advanced a bachelor degree by 18, no student loans. The colleges are; Allied Health, Biomedical Sciences, Computer Science, Design, Education, Engineering, and Logistics (Juniors only). 905 enrolled.

Over 70 high school graduates earned their associate’s degrees from the Ignite Institute in Erlanger on Monday, May 15, 2023. Students received their degrees in the areas of allied health, biomedical science, computer science, design, education and engineering.

Hajar Elayyadi is 15-year-old high school student with an associate degree.

She's on track to graduate in two years with her bachelor's in biology.

After that? She plans to spend a year abroad getting her master's in public health and then go to medical school − starting in a residency program by the time she's 23 to work in invasive cardiology.

"I really do have to give credit to my brother and his friends," Hajar said. Her brother, Bilal Elayyadi, earned two associate degrees − one in art and one in science − in high school. "That really invigorated me and sparked that kind of hope that I could do the same thing, or kind of replicate their success in my own way."

The Elayyadi siblings are two of Ignite Institute's 1,000 students, many of whom will earn associate degrees by the time they graduate from high school. Bilal Elayyadi is part of Ignite's inaugural class, graduating this spring. A total of 289 seniors are graduating, 79 of them with associate degrees in hand, too.........................................................................more
iu

iu

Kids can graduate high school with an associate, or if they are really advanced a bachelor degree by 18, no student loans. The colleges are; Allied Health, Biomedical Sciences, Computer Science, Design, Education, Engineering, and Logistics (Juniors only). 905 enrolled.

Over 70 high school graduates earned their associate’s degrees from the Ignite Institute in Erlanger on Monday, May 15, 2023. Students received their degrees in the areas of allied health, biomedical science, computer science, design, education and engineering.

After that? She plans to spend a year abroad getting her master's in public health and then go to medical school − starting in a residency program by the time she's 23 to work in invasive cardiology.

"I really do have to give credit to my brother and his friends," Hajar said. Her brother, Bilal Elayyadi, earned two associate degrees − one in art and one in science − in high school. "That really invigorated me and sparked that kind of hope that I could do the same thing, or kind of replicate their success in my own way."

The Elayyadi siblings are two of Ignite Institute's 1,000 students, many of whom will earn associate degrees by the time they graduate from high school. Bilal Elayyadi is part of Ignite's inaugural class, graduating this spring. A total of 289 seniors are graduating, 79 of them with associate degrees in hand, too.........................................................................more
iu

iu

we need to protect our children from becoming absolute mindless cyborgs

We have early college classes at the high school where I work as well.

We have a ton of juniors and seniors taking college classes. They won't be stuck working for some awful horrible terrible employer for $20 per hour and a lousy 2 weeks vacation. That's exploitation.

iu

iu

what state is the school in?

Forum List

Back