Young black kids growing up in the Bronx who don’t even know what the word ‘computer’ is

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Sometimes they mess up and accidentally tell you exactly what they think. White leftists have for years been treating brown people like they are beneath them, but they disguise it behind a facade of giving you a hand up. I'd love to meet one kid in The Bronx beyond the age of a Kindergartener who doesn't know what a computer is.

Sometimes they mess up and accidentally tell you exactly what they think. White leftists have for years been treating brown people like they are beneath them, but they disguise it behind a facade of giving you a hand up. I'd love to meet one kid in The Bronx beyond the age of a Kindergartener who doesn't know what a computer is.

Proving yet again, that the progressive left are the true racists in this country.

Da bitch is completely delusional. Videos from the Bronx in 3 - 2...

Spare me. It is sad how yu disingenuous Republicans take comments by Democrats out of context while making excuses for consistent Republican racist BELIEFS. Hochul was talking about lack of computer access in those communities, which is true.

I'm finding this story very hard to believe. Did these children even attend school and if so did they have to attend school online during the pandemic? If so then what was the device they used to connect to their school?

Something REALLY fishy about this story.

well I do not know if ever home need a computer as a cell phone will do.

Having to keep up with the newer versions of Windows is getting old.

Best part most of the alternatives to window software are free

if you hold on to your old version of windows long enough then the next upgrade can be free.

Last edited:

Sometimes when I have a bad day on wordle and feel stone cold stupid, I remember I'm not as stupid as our elected officials. Which makes me feel both dismayed and a little better.

I'm finding this story very hard to believe. Did these children even attend school and if so did they have to attend school online during the pandemic? If so then what was the device they used to connect to their school?

I think Huchul's intent was taken out of context as well as she used a poor choice of words. I read a Times story about this and Huchul should have said that many of those kids don't have access to computers, which woud be more accurate. And of course these Republicans who post pure racism every day want to blow this out of proportion.

Fair enough, in the liberal world every problem is solved by throwing other people's money at it. Never works, but they do it every time.
Why do you conservatives lie like this? In the conservative world every problem is solved by depleteing resources for those who need it and giving it all to the rich claiming it will trickle down. That is what has failed.

I think Huchul's intent was taken out of context as well as she used a poor choice of words. I read a Times story about this and Huchul should have said that many of those kids don't have access to computers, which woud be more accurate. And of course these Republicans who post pure racism every day want to blow this out of proportion.

Why did she mention race, why not say poor kids in the Bronx don't know what a computer is? When you single out black kids as stupid yeah it comes across as races, but good job at defending your democrat white masters.

Why did she mention race, why not say poor kids in the Bronx don't know what a computer is? When you single out black kids as stupid yeah it comes across as races, but good job at defending your democrat white masters.
Yawn. Nobody is listening to you rght wingers and your disingenuous posts about somebody else mentioning race. She admitted to making a mistake and she is not the one trying to eliminate equal opportunity policies or forcing schools to teach that slavery benefitted blacks.

Spare me. It is sad how yu disingenuous Republicans take comments by Democrats out of context while making excuses for consistent Republican racist BELIEFS. Hochul was talking about lack of computer access in those communities, which is true.

I think Huchul's intent was taken out of context as well as she used a poor choice of words.
wrong. Just a stoopid politician, got caught, and then backed peddled when called out.

It it had been a Republican? You wouldn't accept the back peddling. You would claim, "oh, what they said the first time is what they really think."

". . Assemblyman John Zaccaro (D-Bronx) wrote in a statement, "Our children, far from being underestimated, are the epitome of brilliance, resilience, and untapped potential. They are not only capable but deserving of every opportunity that their counterparts are offered. It’s disheartening to witness such a portrayal that undermines their abilities and aspirations."

Similarly, Assemblywoman Amanda Septimo (D-Bronx) said, "I would invite Governor Hochul to visit us in The Bronx to experience firsthand the intelligence, resilience, and joy that radiate from Bronx children and residents each day."
1715071954513.png

Hochul slammed for saying black kids in the Bronx don’t know what the word ‘computer’ means​

1715072109725.png

Hochul Apologizes for Saying ‘Black Kids’ Don’t Know the Word ‘Computer’​

As Gov. Kathy Hochul urged business leaders to make technology widely accessible, a comment she made about Bronx children raised eyebrows.

". . . This is not the first time this year the governor’s rhetorical style has led to unwelcome attention. In February, Ms. Hochul referred to a hypothetical destruction of Canada to imply that Israel had a right to destroy Gaza in retaliation for the Oct. 7 attacks.

“If Canada someday ever attacked Buffalo, I’m sorry, my friends, there would be no Canada the next day,” she said then. She quickly apologized for her “poor choice of words,” and said she regretted her “inappropriate analogy. . . ”

Everyone in America is free to buy a computer.

Forum List

Back