Why my EV works for me

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
I have owned a 2020 leaf for 3 years now. In that time I have put about 25k miles on it. I work 2 miles from my house and shop locally. When I need to travel....I don't use the EV. Too unpredictable. It is nice to be able to park the Rogue ( another Nissan) for most of the week and simply run around town in the battery buggy. My circumstances are unique however.

Jo

I have owned a 2020 leaf for 3 years now. In that time I have put about 25k miles on it. I work 2 miles from my house and shop locally. When I need to travel....I don't use the EV. Too unpredictable. It is nice to be able to park the Rogue ( another Nissan) for most of the week and simply run around town in the battery buggy. My circumstances are unique however.

Jo
Not really. Maybe we should all have a small battery vehicle to get around locally and our gas cars when necessary.

Maybe not everyone should have one.

I use my ebike when I want to go local. Kind of the same thing. If only humans weren’t horrible I’d do it more. So afraid it’s going to get stolen.

Also, people need to move closer to where they work. That too isn’t possible for everyone but it’d conserve a lot of gas and money.

I wish my ebike had cover like a car I’d ride to work more often. Cold in the morning, rains sometimes. Your little car would be ideal

Not really. Maybe we should all have a small battery vehicle to get around locally and our gas cars when necessary.

I use my ebike when I want to go local. Kind of the same thing. If only humans weren’t horrible I’d do it more. So afraid it’s going to get stolen.

Also, people need to move closer to where they work. That too isn’t possible for everyone but it’d conserve a lot of gas and money.

I wish my ebike had cover like a car I’d ride to work more often. Cold in the morning, rains sometimes. Your little car would be ideal
What's the ebike like?

What's the ebike like?
I don’t have a throttle so mine is like a regular bike but if you put it on power three it’s like you are floating on air.

They are banning the more powerful ones all over the country. I hope they don’t ban mine. It only goes 20 mph.

I can get to work in 20 minutes and not be sweating When I get there.

I don’t have a throttle so mine is like a regular bike but if you put it on power three it’s like you are floating on air.

They are banning the more powerful ones all over the country. I hope they don’t ban mine. It only goes 20 mph.

I can get to work in 20 minutes and not be sweating When I get there.
Wow.... Sounds like an excellent physical fitness assist. Hmmmm.....

Why are they being banned?

Yes eBikes are wonderful. No inspections, license, stickers, helmet, tax or insurance are required. Can be ridden on street, sidewalk & trails allowing you to cruise past traffic getting there faster even when limited to 20 mph. Demand in Florida so high that if you don't cable it down, someone will steal it. You need to hide an airpod inside to track if stolen.

Yes eBikes are wonderful. No inspections, license, stickers, helmet, tax or insurance are required. Demand in Florida so high that if you don't cable it down, someone will steal it. You need to hide an airpod inside to track if stolen.
Can't you take it into your house at night?

Wow.... Sounds like an excellent physical fitness assist. Hmmmm.....

Why are they being banned?
They go too fast. When I was in Florida some old lady got hit and died.

They banned them on Macinaw Island here in Michigan. They may not even let my kind on the island.

At a metro park they told my friend his was too powerful. Told him he had to peddle or he was going too fast.

People say it’s cheating having an ebike but they can only ride 10 or 20 miles. We go 3 or 4 cities away and ride 50 miles some weekends. They paved all the old railroad tracks. The plan is to connect Lake Michigan and Lake Huron.

What major city do you live near I want to look up and see what trails you got. This site I go to tells me every state.

Can't you take it into your house at night?
I won’t lock my bike up and go into a store or restaurant. Too valuable and easy to steal. When we ride we eat outside where we can watch them.

My buddy has a good lock so when I’m with him I will but my lock can be easily cut.

They go too fast. When I was in Florida some old lady got hit and died.

They banned them on Macinaw Island here in Michigan. They may not even let my kind on the island.

At a metro park they told my friend his was too powerful. Told him he had to peddle or he was going too fast.

People say it’s cheating having an ebike but they can only ride 10 or 20 miles. We go 3 or 4 cities away and ride 50 miles some weekends. They paved all the old railroad tracks. The plan is to connect Lake Michigan and Lake Huron.

What major city do you live near I want to look up and see what trails you got. This site I go to tells me every state.
Boston

I won’t lock my bike up and go into a store or restaurant. Too valuable and easy to steal. When we ride we eat outside where we can watch them.

My buddy has a good lock so when I’m with him I will but my lock can be easily cut.
Geez....that's terrible

Or make people live in tighter communities, have better public transport...

4. Charles River Bike Path

Visitors and locals alike love this 23-mile loop, which hugs the banks of the Charles from Boston all the way to Waltham, for its unparalleled views of the cityscape on both sides of the river—so be sure to put it on the itinerary when you have out-of-town guests who like to bike. Even better: The path is mostly flat, paved, and well-maintained, making it perfect for cyclists of all skill levels.

1. Minuteman Bikeway

Beginning in the charming town of Bedford and ending in the bustling heart of Cambridge, the 10-mile Minuteman Bikeway retraces the footsteps of Revolutionary War heroes. As you pedal along the smooth asphalt of the rail trail, take in historic points of interest such as the Lexington Battle Green and the destination of Paul Revere’s midnight ride—and be sure to stop off at Rancatore’s Ice Cream in Lexington for a cool treat along the route. minutemanbikeway
We like trails that are 25 miles or less because we have two batteries that go about 30 miles Each.

The US seems to resist such things. Other countries make them work. If you have different social levels living together, it stops there being ghettos and the like.
That's an awesome point.....

Whatever would we do without our hate? Gosh....think of all that free time!

4. Charles River Bike Path

Visitors and locals alike love this 23-mile loop, which hugs the banks of the Charles from Boston all the way to Waltham, for its unparalleled views of the cityscape on both sides of the river—so be sure to put it on the itinerary when you have out-of-town guests who like to bike. Even better: The path is mostly flat, paved, and well-maintained, making it perfect for cyclists of all skill levels.

1. Minuteman Bikeway

Beginning in the charming town of Bedford and ending in the bustling heart of Cambridge, the 10-mile Minuteman Bikeway retraces the footsteps of Revolutionary War heroes. As you pedal along the smooth asphalt of the rail trail, take in historic points of interest such as the Lexington Battle Green and the destination of Paul Revere’s midnight ride—and be sure to stop off at Rancatore’s Ice Cream in Lexington for a cool treat along the route. minutemanbikeway
We like trails that are 25 miles or less because we have two batteries that go about 30 miles Each.
Ahhh.....Bedford sounds good.
Charles river..... dangerous.

Man.....I'm going shopping this week for one!

Forum List

Back