What's your view on global Warming?

• There is no global warming. It's a hoax

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • There is global warming, it is a natural phenomenon. Nothing to do about it

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • There is global warming, it is a natural phenomenon. We should take measures to protect against it

• Ther is global warming,it is man-made.We can't stop it,we should take measure to protect against it

• There is global warming,it is man-made, we should switch to renewable energy fast

• There is global warming,it is man-made, we should slowly switch to renewable and protect against it

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both methane and co2 are greenhouse gasses, the amount of both gases has been steadily increasing for the last century to levels that have not been seen in the past 15 million years ( a time when humans did not exist).
Given the correlation between co2 and temperature during the past 50 million years, do you have any evidence that higher levels of co2 will not increase global temperature?

1000px-All_palaeotemps.svg.png

Co2-levels-historic.jpg

Your second image is just a projection of what the CO2 content might be by the year 2500 AD.

But CO2 like temperature occurs in natural cycles...

ClimateDashboard-atmospheric-carbon-dioxide-image-20220616-1400px_0.jpg

There is global warming. It's a combination of nature and human causes. The consequences are not anywhere near as bad the alarmists make them out to be; in fact global warming will be good for some. Alternate energy sources to oil/petroleum need to be developed because we are using it faster than the Earth creates it. In the mean time, drill baby drill......and build nuclear plants.

This is pretty much where I'm at. Yes, there is global warming and there is likely some combination of natural and anthropogenic causes. It is however not the calamity that some make it out to be and we should be looking at cost effective ways to slow GW down until new technologies replace carbon-based energies.

Your second image is just a projection of what the CO2 content might be by the year 2500 AD.

But CO2 like temperature occurs in natural cycles...

ClimateDashboard-atmospheric-carbon-dioxide-image-20220616-1400px_0.jpg
Yes, the last part of the chart is a projection. Regardless the current level is 414 ppm which is higher than any point in the chart you provided and that covers 800,000 thousand years.
So my point stands, co2 concentrations are higher than what they have been in the past 15 million years (for clarity I've marked the time with a red line). What part of that is natural? And given it is a greenhouse effect what makes you think it will NOT produce warming?

1688767492296.png

Last edited:
Yes, the last part of the chart is a projection. Regardless the current level is 414 ppm which is higher than any point in the chart you provided and that covers 800,000 thousand years.
So my point stands, co2 concentrations are higher than what they have been in the past 15 million years (for clarity I've marked the time with a red line). What part of that is natural? And given it is a greenhouse effect what makes you think it will NOT produce warming?

View attachment 802373

Don't know, don't care. It's still getting down into the mid 50's here at night, so not my circus, not my monkey.

The climate is changing, the planet is warming.

I do not think mankind caused it but I do not rule out we are making it worse.

The why it is happening is irrelevant and we need to quit fighting over the cause and work to adapt to the new warming planet, take advantage of the benefits it brings and work to mitigate the damage it does.

But that cannot happen because partisan politics is more important to most people in this country.

The climate is changing, the planet is warming.

I do not think mankind caused it but I do not rule out we are making it worse.

The why it is happening is irrelevant and we need to quit fighting over the cause and work to adapt to the new warming planet, take advantage of the benefits it brings and work to mitigate the damage it does.

But that cannot happen because partisan politics is more important to most people in this country.

I am open to the possibility that the current warming is not completely man-made ( my guess is it is 80% man-made). Regardless summers are getting hotter and dryer in many parts of the globe. So I completely agree we should cope with the changing weather conditions whatever the cause.

Don't know, don't care. It's still getting down into the mid 50's here at night, so not my circus, not my monkey.
The only way in which it is not your monkey or circus is if 80% of your food is locally grown. That is unlikely, but still, it is a possibility.

I am open to the possibility that the current warming is not completely man-made ( my guess is it is 80% man-made). Regardless summers are getting hotter and dryer in many parts of the globe. So I completely agree we should cope with the changing weather conditions whatever the cause.

No, I'm not giving up my burn barrel.

I would not even give mankind 20% of the credit for it, most of it is nature.

The only way in which it is not your monkey or circus is if 80% of your food is locally grown. That is unlikely, but still, it is a possibility.

If food is such an issue, people wouldn't be so supportive of wars in major food-producing countries like Ukraine.

It's all a big beautiful sham.

Interesting that while our activities have been shown to affect the weather, we can't do anything to affect the climate. Strange.
But we are constantly told that 'climate' is not 'weather' by the 'climate science' loons.

Me neither, plus I am very unsure about the cost effectiveness of the proposed ideas/solutions that are mega expensive.

Most are just dumb ideas. The bottom line is that even if mankind is causing it, we are not going to change our ways to fix it. Do you think the people in the industrialized nations are going to give up their standard of living to help climate change? Do you think those people in the 3rd world countries are going to give up trying to get what we have are going to stop doing so?

These things are not going to happen so the best we can do is learn to live with the changes.

I would not even give mankind 20% of the credit for it, most of it is nature.
The current level is 414 ppm the highest rate nature has done by itself in the past million years is 300... so it is more like 27% (114 / 414) .

The current level is 414 ppm the highest rate nature has done by itself in the past million years is 300... so it is more like 27% (114 / 414) .

Which may or may not be true cuz I do not trust any of the data coming from people who are all too willing to spend gobs of taxpayer money on proposals that may or may not make a difference. The prognostications over the past 30 years have all been wrong and wildly so, with all sorts of hysterical forecasts of disaster than came and went without incident. It's bullshit.

Most are just dumb ideas. The bottom line is that even if mankind is causing it, we are not going to change our ways to fix it. Do you think the people in the industrialized nations are going to give up their standard of living to help climate change? Do you think those people in the 3rd world countries are going to give up trying to get what we have are going to stop doing so?

These things are not going to happen so the best we can do is learn to live with the changes.
We are already making changes

The switch to more renewable energy. Electric cars. Investing in green tech

None of that will make a hill of beans difference if humans are the cause of the current climate change. That would be akin to the folks in the Titanic trying to bail out the water with a Dixie cup. Plus most of the world is not doing those things.

Forum List

Back