Weaponization of information sites, the media and yes the law

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
This will kick start a talk about weaponization of the Government. Notice it starts with a for profit site, putting it's statement ahead of the speakers site. It wants to control the speaker in effect. This is the beginning of weaponization found all over the place. It is used to defeat Trump. It is also used to excuse Joe Biden.

You understand that private companies are private, and make their own decisions based on what is better for them, don't you?

If we could persuade OUR own government to butt the fuck out, because (among other things) it is not their job to out the thumb of their transitory political positions on the scales of public discourse, I wouldn’t object to any media coming down on whatever side of any discussion or debate they wish.

Even this minor place (USMB) has a right to its administration’s view points. I may not like it if it mostly seeks to limit the free speech of conservatives. But it’s a company and has a right to display its own bias.

But our government shouldn’t be seeking to influence that.

If we dislike the moderation here because it tilts too heavily to one side, we aren’t obligated to patronize this Board. Business decisions can have business consequences.

But our government is supposed to protect and defend free speech. We supposedly have faith in a competitive marketplace of ideas and expressions.

I doubt the government has much to concern it when it comes to this place. But the government (we know) has sought to influence how places like X has operated. And that’s simply not acceptable

Got it. The main media refuses to support trump's biggest lies, and more people believe the real media than they do the MAGA media. How sad for you.
What does that have anything to do with Biden & Co trying to influence the media?

Forum List

Back