📛 We will be adding badges/icons that users can pick to show up under their username. Help us!

We are going to be adding some icons that people can add to their profile and that show up under their usernames. We are interested in hearing from the users what different icons they would want and the label to go with them.

As an example we could have an icon that says Far Left or Far Right, Liberal, Democrat, Republican, etc.. in addition, you'll need to pick with emoji you want to go with the label. You can find a list of the icons that are available here: 📙 Emojipedia — 😃 Home of Emoji Meanings 💁👌🎍😍

🚯 Absolutely no negative names or icons will be added. Please keep this thread clean and professional. If you don't have something positive to contribute I really don't want to hear it.

As an example, I've already added a badge for our top donators, and you can see the badge here: Badges

I've also added an example badge which you can see under my Admin/Moderator Bars in my Postbit area.

It's a great idea! Hope it works. Or someone may find himself standing at the Unemployment line. 🤣

Your answer appears to be incorrect since it doesn't factor in leap years :) Chat GPT can't be wrong!

Your method came up with 7,322. Mine came up with 7,321. The difference is whether to included the last day as a day that counts or does it really end the day prior.

You said their were 5 leap years (I'll take your word on that). If my calculation hadn't accounted for leap years our values would have been different by at least those 5 days - but they weren't.

See during leap years February 28 is included as one of the date serial numbers. Therefore - when looking at serial numbers subtraction - whether a year is a leap year or not, doesn't matter.

:cool:

WW

Your method came up with 7,322. Mine came up with 7,321. The difference is whether to included the last day as a day that counts or does it really end the day prior.

You said their were 5 leap years (I'll take your word on that). If my calculation hadn't accounted for leap years our values would have been different by at least those 5 days - but they weren't.

See during leap years February 28 is included as one of the date serial numbers. Therefore - when looking at serial numbers subtraction - whether a year is a leap year or not, doesn't matter.

:cool:

WW
I didn't do any of the calculations. I just asked Chat GPT... but the difference probably lies in the way I asked the question.

chatgptyears.jpg

There are actually a few, though I'm not sure any of them are still active. For example, UID 1 is: jimnyc

It's actually pretty neat to me that we have history going back this far... all the software conversions over the years and the data is still there, intact and folded into the current software.

Number of days = (Today's Date) - (August 28, 2003)

Let's calculate it:

Calculate the number of days in full years between 2003 and 2023:
2023 - 2003 = 20 years
Calculate the number of leap years between 2003 and 2023. Leap years are divisible by 4, except for years that are divisible by 100 but not by 400.
Leap years in this period: 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2020
Calculate the number of days in non-leap years:
20 years - 5 leap years = 15 non-leap years
Calculate the total days for these years:
15 non-leap years * 365 days/year = 5,475 days
Calculate the total days for leap years:
5 leap years * 366 days/year = 1,830 days
Calculate the total days for full years:
5,475 days (non-leap) + 1,830 days (leap) = 7,305 days
Calculate the days from August 28, 2003, to the end of that year:
From August 28 to December 31, 2003: 31 - 28 + 1 (inclusive) = 4 days
Calculate the days from January 1, 2023, to today, September 13, 2023:
From January 1 to September 13, 2023: 13 days
Add up all the days:
7,305 days (full years) + 4 days (2003) + 13 days (2023) = 7,322 days

So, there are 7,322 days between August 28, 2003, and September 13, 2023.

Jim is the original OG. This was his board originally. He's still around, just not here. I'm not sure he's been back since shortly after he sold it...

We are going to be adding some icons that people can add to their profile and that show up under their usernames. We are interested in hearing from the users what different icons they would want and the label to go with them.

As an example we could have an icon that says Far Left or Far Right, Liberal, Democrat, Republican, etc.. in addition, you'll need to pick with emoji you want to go with the label. You can find a list of the icons that are available here: 📙 Emojipedia — 😃 Home of Emoji Meanings 💁👌🎍😍

🚯 Absolutely no negative names or icons will be added. Please keep this thread clean and professional. If you don't have something positive to contribute I really don't want to hear it.

As an example, I've already added a badge for our top donators, and you can see the badge here: Badges

I've also added an example badge which you can see under my Admin/Moderator Bars in my Postbit area.
You know, I've given some thought to this, and the other day I was reminded that Care4all had been a mod. She gave me some useful insight on this job the other day. . .

Volunteering to do this job for the rest of the membership, gives folks a certain insight to the insanity that goes on here, and can help new members navigate the forum's rules & culture. Staff doesn't always need to answer all the questions new members have, former staff could hep out, if they were given badges.

It might be a nice badge to give the veterans of staff like, Westwall, Care4all, Oddball, and I am sure many others I am not aware of. . . .

:eusa_think:

Just a thought.

You know, I've given some thought to this, and the other day I was reminded that Care4all had been a mod. She gave me some useful insight on this job the other day. . .

Volunteering to do this job for the rest of the membership, gives folks a certain insight to the insanity that goes on here, and can help new members navigate the forum's rules & culture. Staff doesn't always need to answer all the questions new members have, former staff could hep out, if they were given badges.

It might be a nice badge to give the veterans of staff like, Westwall, Care4all, Oddball, and I am sure many others I am not aware of. . . .

:eusa_think:

Just a thought.
How could you forget Winterborn?

He is probably feeling most forlorn right now.

So we couldn't engage in satire or parody using negative names or icons?

Damn!

but okay lets take a look

How could you forget Winterborn?

He is probably feeling most forlorn right now.
Part of the reason this came to mind, is I noticed that flacc came back and made a post or two. . . he is no longer on staff. I will be eternally grateful for everything he has done for, and contributed to making this site terrific. IMO, that deserves some sort of recognition.

Part of the reason this came to mind, is I noticed that flacc came back and made a post or two. . . he is no longer on staff. I will be eternally grateful for everything he has done for, and contributed to making this site terrific. IMO, that deserves some sort of recognition.
Cereal Killer was the best, in my opinion. I miss him. Now, Aye is the best. Her "employees" are all great and were wonderful additions. Except one. He's the "employee" that goes from patron to patron to insult them, pull their chair out from under them, and puts salt in the sugar container in the "employee" lounge as well as for the members that inhabit this place for his own laughs and insults the biggest donors because he has no clue how to appreciate WHO helps keep the biz running. WHY he is still here boggles my mind. I would have fired him long ago.

Forum List

Back