Tesla Supercharger station in Bay Area hit by vandals with every charging cable cut

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

A Tesla Supercharger station in California’s Bay Area was recently hit by vandals who cut each and every charging cable, rendering the entire site useless.

Vandalism of Tesla vehicles is not uncommon, and we have reported on it many times in the past. Tesla Superchargers are also prone to various forms of vandalism and abuse, with damage to charging stalls or the act of “ICEing,” which entails gas-powered cars blocking Supercharger piles, all being popular forms of disruption.

However, we are now seeing vandalism continue in a strange and extremely disruptive way. A Bay Area Supercharger with several stalls was completely rendered useless after people sliced each of the cables from the individual piles.

I guess security will be added to the cost of charging now.

tesla-supercharger-cables-cut.jpg

Dats a lot of copper.....I'm sure it has already been processed at $3 a pound by the nearest "Felons-R-Us" local shady scrapyard. ;)

Tesla and its leader , African American businessman Elon Musk, are considered personas non grata among the left, so they should expect this kind of peaceful protests in liberal controlled areas like the SF Bay area.

Those are not vandals, they are thieves.

Great to see these right wing Palestinian Think Tanks being so original and creative .

You know they are teaching you fair play through tough love .

rofl .

Some leftist loons here disparage Elon Musk because he refers to himself as an African American.
But he was born in Africa and is now an American citizen.
So what's the problem? ... :dunno:
His family roots go to England and the Pennsylvania Dutch.

A Tesla Supercharger station in California’s Bay Area was recently hit by vandals who cut each and every charging cable, rendering the entire site useless.

Vandalism of Tesla vehicles is not uncommon, and we have reported on it many times in the past. Tesla Superchargers are also prone to various forms of vandalism and abuse, with damage to charging stalls or the act of “ICEing,” which entails gas-powered cars blocking Supercharger piles, all being popular forms of disruption.

However, we are now seeing vandalism continue in a strange and extremely disruptive way. A Bay Area Supercharger with several stalls was completely rendered useless after people sliced each of the cables from the individual piles.

I guess security will be added to the cost of charging now.

tesla-supercharger-cables-cut.jpg

Dats a lot of copper.....I'm sure it has already been processed at $3 a pound by the nearest "Felons-R-Us" local shady scrapyard. ;)
Oakland has long been notorious for thieves theft of copper.

What's next? Outfitting Teslas with removable floor panels and all weather boots so you can still "get her home" if all the charging stations are lacking their wiring?

The EV debacle just gets better. Bet the climate junkies didn't see this one coming.
EVs are going to have to yield to hybrids. No choice.

Forum List

Back