Six dollar a gallon gas in San Diego

Averaging about $3.50 in Albuquerque today but yes, edging up almost every day.
Do you have a Kroger store near you... if you shop there for groceries you can build up points at any Shell station... last week I got 90 cents off per gallon some times I get less today I got 40 cents off per gallon... it really helps...

I know, I live in a blue state, you’d think he’d give us low fuel costs, maybe he is bribing red states with cheaper gas because our state will go blue.
I live in a blue-controlled state as well. Jay Inslee, our commie, Biden/Newsom clone keeps our gas prices up by adding a carbon tax to every gallon. Yup, these brain dead democrats suffer from myopia as well.

Build housing where the people work so they do not have to commute a 100 miles!!!!!!!
Conditions vary all over the nation.
I was a long time Broker selling Real Estate for clients and know about Northern CA. And some of this applies also to where I now live in Idaho.
Cars and fuel were for many years sold at low prices. I used to work for 2 gas stations who had promotions to get buyers to buy gas there. Standard Oil gave me $1,000 for lucky license and I found out when a woman in a town close to me wanted to sell me information that I had the money. A standard oil station was close to her office so I drove there immediately and filled out the form awarding me $1,000. So at one point Gas stations were sort of desperate to sell gasoline. The woman was annoyed I did not use her service.

As cities expanded, they also planned the city. Before it was hit and miss. Fremont, CA where I was the Broker of Real Estate followed a very thoughtful managed program and won awards for planning nationally. They allocated farm land as industrial and other uses such as commercial and housing. When the homes were built, Fremont had no more land to offer to contractors. So the workers were forced to drive miles away to own a home. As those prices went up, the buyers were forced more and more distant to live economically and also drive to work. It is a spiral.

I live here in Idaho where this city has essentially copied the formula used by Fremont,. Ca in the 1950s. But these homes are around 20 years in large parts.

Every year prices go up into July and we get threads all summer, then they drop and then the threads stop. At some point you guys should stop banging your head on the wall. It’s called capitalism.

Because the President of the United States DOES NOT CONTROL GAS PRICES NITWIT.
The White House under Biden and under the Orange Shit Gibbon did not control gas prices. Grow up.

Sometimes, the policies coming out of D.C., and their interactions and foreign policy decisions? Can have grave impacts on the international economy.

. . . but you are welcome to yoar own delusions.

How Yemen is Wrecking the Entire Global Economy​

2,069,002 views Jan 17, 2024

1712265027382.png

Oil prices rise on US-UK strikes over Red Sea attacks​

12 January 2024

Oil prices slip as traders assess Ukraine drone strikes, Red Sea impact​

Published Tue, Mar 26 2024

$4.95 here... and going up every day....
Correct that. The price shown on the station marquis today was 3.499. But they now post the price BEFORE TAX. Our bill for 11.479 gallons unleaded regular when we filled up about a half hour ago was $58.14 after tax was added or roughly $5.06 gallon. Unacceptable. :(

Do you have a Kroger store near you... if you shop there for groceries you can build up points at any Shell station... last week I got 90 cents off per gallon some times I get less today I got 40 cents off per gallon... it really helps...
Our Albertsons also provides discount gas earned with groceries but we have found it more cost efficient to use those credits for more groceries. We eat a lot more than we drive these days. :)

Correct that. The price shown on the station marquis today was 3.499. But they now post the price BEFORE TAX. Our bill for 11.479 gallons unleaded regular when we filled up about a half hour ago was $58.14 after tax was added or roughly $5.06 gallon. Unacceptable. :(
I have to do a mea culpa on my post here folks. After analyzing the bill, I realize that the station inadvertently charged us $10 + 70 cents tax for a car wash that we didn't order. Perry will settle up with them tomorrow and get our $10.70 back. So we did pay $3.499 for gas today. Still too much though.

Forum List

Back