Zone1 Mary and Catholicism

Bro, youre trying to convince me that those superstitious people tortured and whipped, then executed a man who had REAL demonstratable magic, who says he is the son of god,
Key phrase there, DEMONSTRABLE. That means He does something for those who say, "Do a trick". What you fail to understand is that Jesus did signs and miracles at the Father's command, not at the demands of the crowds.
AND he has fuck-tons of true believers already following him? Who WOULDNT be convinced by real magic? Even modern day atheists would be convinced that a guy is the son of god if he had real magic, let alone those ultra religious people back in the day. :cuckoo:
Let's put it this way, one of the most well documented atrocities of the modern era was the Holocaust, complete with first hand testimony, photos, artifacts and movie footage, yet we see many today denying the whole thing happened. The ability of people to deny evidence is amazing. Anyone performing miracles today would be accused of faking it, no matter how convincing he was.

Key phrase there, DEMONSTRABLE. That means He does something for those who say, "Do a trick".
It sounds like youre saying a guy made some claims, but couldnt prove his claims. I dont find that very convincing at all.

It sounds like youre saying a guy made some claims, but couldnt prove his claims. I dont find that very convincing at all.
He chose when and where to prove His claims. He did not, for instance, simply get down off the cross, even though they were braying at Him to do so, because His agenda was not their agenda. He proved His claims, just not to their demands. He showed Himself to 500 people after His resurrection, for example. The same thing would happen today if someone showed up with miraculous powers. Those who did not see him do something would demand he do something for them to prove his claims, and it would never stop.

I agree that one cannot follow miracles that occurred thousands of years ago. It's a red herring to pursue them. Where the focus should be is on his teachings. Following what Jesus taught has amazing results. Those results, not his miracles, are convincing.

Forum List

Back