Zone1 Humanity and Jesus

Meriweather

Not all who wander are lost
Oct 21, 2014
Have you ever thought about getting to know Jesus, focusing on his humanity? For example, what is his favorite color? On a modern outdoor patio, would he choose the recliner or the hanging egg chair? If he picked a garden flower, which would he choose, which herb would he choose to pluck and sniff? What's his favorite Johnny Cash song, does he prefer badminton or pickle ball? (Remember, being fully human, he has preferences.) Which (non-religious) item would catch his attention in your home? Do you ever think of Jesus in these terms?

Stop embarrassing the Essene Monk , OP .

You are like some teenage hysterical pop star fan .

Suppose Arch Angel Gabriel --- correct translation An Enforcer -- passed on through Mary undesirable Nephilim traits .
Red hair and a liking for vulgar tattoos .
No wonder he disappeared at around 12 years for so long -- constant offending and young offender hostels .

You are like some teenage hysterical pop star fan .
Interesting sidetrack! Back then I was the kid who was totally bewildered by the crushes my friends had on pop stars. How could they develop a crush on someone they didn't even know? Yet some did seem wildly in love with singers and actors. I never understood these attractions.
Suppose Arch Angel Gabriel --- correct translation An Enforcer -- passed on through Mary undesirable Nephilim traits .
Red hair and a liking for vulgar tattoos .
No wonder he disappeared at around 12 years for so long -- constant offending and young offender hostels .
It also appears I'm not very good at supposing... Too much like the "What if?" middle school students are so fond of asking. I advise them we will get to the "What ifs" if they ever happen. Still waiting for one to happen...

Have you ever thought about getting to know Jesus, focusing on his humanity? For example, what is his favorite color? On a modern outdoor patio, would he choose the recliner or the hanging egg chair? If he picked a garden flower, which would he choose, which herb would he choose to pluck and sniff? What's his favorite Johnny Cash song, does he prefer badminton or pickle ball? (Remember, being fully human, he has preferences.) Which (non-religious) item would catch his attention in your home? Do you ever think of Jesus in these terms?

Jesus's "father" was a genocidal manic. It'd be like worshiping Pol Pot's son.

No, but maybe I should.
Have you ever practiced the meditation of placing yourself as an onlooker in a Gospel story? It is where one focuses not only on the story, but tries to imagine all that is going on around it. What do you see...a bird, ants, sheep in the distance? What do you hear? Is there a child laughing, a baby crying, a mother scolding? What are the expressions on people's faces? What is the weather like? You are working your way up to Jesus...who is the first Apostle you run into? What is he doing? What do we want? Healing-wisdom-hope-understanding, etc.?

This started me thinking about all Jesus gave. We don't have many stories of people giving to Jesus...a boy had loaves and fishes; the woman at the well, who gave Jesus a drink; Veronica, who wiped the face of Jesus. Then came the thoughts of Jesus as human and what he would enjoy when he was at rest and relaxing. We know all these little things about friends and family, people we are close to. It seems that is reason enough to be interested about these little pieces of Jesus' personality as well.

He was not, but I understand how that conclusion is reached.

He was.

It literally says so in the Bible.

"So God said to Noah, “I have decided to destroy all living creatures, for they have filled the earth with violence. Yes, I will wipe them all out along with the earth!"

Hitler basically said "I have decided to kill all Jews, for they have filled the earth with stuff I do not like. Yes, I will wipe them all out"

We called it GENOCIDE and it was much less than what God was doing.

He was.

It literally says so in the Bible.

"So God said to Noah, “I have decided to destroy all living creatures, for they have filled the earth with violence. Yes, I will wipe them all out along with the earth!"

Hitler basically said "I have decided to kill all Jews, for they have filled the earth with stuff I do not like. Yes, I will wipe them all out"

We called it GENOCIDE and it was much less than what God was doing.
I understand taking Bible stories literally, and the conclusions reached by doing so.

I understand taking Bible stories literally, and the conclusions reached by doing so.
So, if God didn't say "kill 'em all" then for you none of the Bible is true? It's just stories.

But for others, he Bible is the truth and everything happened.

And both sides will say they're the true believers and everyone else isn't.

So, if God didn't say "kill 'em all" then for you none of the Bible is true? It's just stories.

But for others, he Bible is the truth and everything happened.

And both sides will say they're the true believers and everyone else isn't.
I'm saying it is a story about the great flood. It's not a transcript of the events, or a journal entry the day of. It is not a news report. The author had a point (or more) to make about the flood. And that point is not about God being a "genocidal maniac".

Have you ever practiced the meditation of placing yourself as an onlooker in a Gospel story? It is where one focuses not only on the story, but tries to imagine all that is going on around it. What do you see...a bird, ants, sheep in the distance? What do you hear? Is there a child laughing, a baby crying, a mother scolding? What are the expressions on people's faces? What is the weather like? You are working your way up to Jesus...who is the first Apostle you run into? What is he doing? What do we want? Healing-wisdom-hope-understanding, etc.?

This started me thinking about all Jesus gave. We don't have many stories of people giving to Jesus...a boy had loaves and fishes; the woman at the well, who gave Jesus a drink; Veronica, who wiped the face of Jesus. Then came the thoughts of Jesus as human and what he would enjoy when he was at rest and relaxing. We know all these little things about friends and family, people we are close to. It seems that is reason enough to be interested about these little pieces of Jesus' personality as well.
Not to that extent, no. I do try to place these accounts into the context of that time to see what was extraordinary for those times; the woman at the well, the parable of the prodigal son, the woman pleading for her daughter, etc.

No. The story you are referencing is an allegorical account of a historical event that had been passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years before being recorded in writing. Which was used to make a point about how failed behaviors lead to failure and successful behaviors lead to success.

I'm saying it is a story about the great flood. It's not a transcript of the events, or a journal entry the day of. It is not a news report. The author had a point (or more) to make about the flood. And that point is not about God being a "genocidal maniac".

So why'd they basically say "God's a genocidal maniac" then? Why was it included if they wanted to show that God isn't a genocidal maniac?

Or was it just for shits and giggles?

So why'd they basically say "God's a genocidal maniac" then? Why was it included if they wanted to show that God isn't a genocidal maniac?

Or was it just for shits and giggles?
Start with the beginning of the story that introduced God as good, and that it was mankind that kept messing up. Noah's story begins with the confession that mankind's wickedness on the earth was great. This is followed by the story of a great flood. God is credited with both blessings and natural disasters. Note the belief that their own wickedness brought this disaster down upon themselves. These two sentiments of God's goodness and their own wickedness sets the story and the lessons contained therein.

Now the story was not woven during the flood or even immediately after. Time passed. Each detail holds great meaning. On which specific misbehavior did the author who presented this perspective of the Great Flood focus?

Start with the beginning of the story that introduced God as good, and that it was mankind that kept messing up. Noah's story begins with the confession that mankind's wickedness on the earth was great. This is followed by the story of a great flood. God is credited with both blessings and natural disasters. Note the belief that their own wickedness brought this disaster down upon themselves. These two sentiments of God's goodness and their own wickedness sets the story and the lessons contained therein.

Now the story was not woven during the flood or even immediately after. Time passed. Each detail holds great meaning. On which specific misbehavior did the author who presented this perspective of the Great Flood focus?

But seeing how we're not taking any of this literally, we're looking at the moral of the story. Maybe there is no God. Maybe God is just some idea to keep people happy, to stop people being "immoral" and the ike.

God said people are wicked. Literal or not?
Seeing how God saying "I'm a genocidal maniac" and it's not literal, surely him saying "People are evil" will also not be taken literally.

It's a story about how we don't want people to be violent towards other humans.

Here's where it doesn't make sense. We kill TRILLION of animals a year. We're violent towards them, and God does nothing about it. In fact many will claim that this is what God wanted, humans at the top of the food chain. Seeing how God created CARNIVORES and OMNIVORES, why would violence against other animals be an issue?

So, all we can see is that God hates violence among humans. Why?

The only real answer to that is that A) Humans invented God and B) Humans don't want to live in a society where humans are violent to each other (except in wars, which God seemed perfectly happy to let happen).

It all points to God being a human construct in order to manipulate humans to be able to live well together in tight communities. It points to there being no God.

It all points to God being a human construct in order to manipulate humans to be able to live well together in tight communities. It points to there being no God.
Did you need to be manipulated to live well with others? Do you imagine that people who believe in God would alter their behaviors diametrically if they stopped believing in God?

It seems to me that if you are looking for reasons that people believe in God that you might want to at least consider that faith offers functional advantages that atheism doesn't offer and that's why belief in God has persisted throughout the entirety of mankind in overwhelming numbers. Because that's exactly what the principles of Darwinisim would predict.

Do you ever think of Jesus in these terms?

than the purely fictitious rendering made in the 4th century christian bible ... and the true intent of the 1st century events.

o p's delusional moment of actual consideration for what truly was an injustice against an innocent refutation of a corrupt religion - written latter by the same corrupt religion. and the obvious fact jesus knew all along the twisted fate they would be remembered by.

just how the christians cope with jesus having supper time and drinking wine is the least of their likewise corrupt religion.

Interesting sidetrack! Back then I was the kid who was totally bewildered by the crushes my friends had on pop stars. How could they develop a crush on someone they didn't even know? Yet some did seem wildly in love with singers and actors. I never understood these attractions.

It also appears I'm not very good at supposing... Too much like the "What if?" middle school students are so fond of asking. I advise them we will get to the "What ifs" if they ever happen. Still waiting for one to happen...

Like your frankness .

The same comment applies to you ( see above) though I feel sure you had some nice imaginary chats that convinced you that you had a new real friend ,

Although it will not interest you , I am assured that the Essene Monk is well respected in the After Life( level6) but there are many spirits like him . He just happened to get the publicity and old style MSM support .
But he means well I gather and is still learning !!

Forum List

Back