March, another record month for gun background checks.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep...according to the gun grabbers all the record months of background checks means one guy in Idaho is buying all the guns.....right? March is another record month for gun background checks......

New Record, More Than 2.5 million NICS Checks In March | Extrano's Alley, more than a gun blog

The FBI reports a new record for the number of NICS checks for March of 2,523,265 National Instant Criminal Checks. That tops the previous record of 2,488,842 in March of 2014.

The total for the first quarter of 2016 is 7,682,141 NICS checks, and the total would likely be over 10 million for the quarter if the manufacturers could make them that fast.

The supply of new guns is almost non-existent, and popular guns are going for well over MSRP.

Since every gun in a law abiding citizens’ hands is a small reduction in the crime rates, almost eight million NICS checks in 91 days, more than 84,400 a day, is a good thing.

I have no problem with back ground checks..

I am glad that so many are following the laws when they purchase a firearm..

Current background checks are fine...universal background checks cross a line that violates individual rights.......the only way universal background checks work is universal gun registration which is unconstitutional......

Current background checks are fine...universal background checks cross a line that violates individual rights.......the only way universal background checks work is universal gun registration which is unconstitutional......

I also very glad that lots of people are now following the law.
And I do not have a problem about universal background check. Why would it be unconstitutional?

And I do not have a problem about universal background check. Why would it be unconstitutional?

Because the only way universal background checks can work is to register all guns...otherwise you cannot track wether or not a background check was done....I could sell you a gun...and if questioned you simply say you have always had it.....

According to the Supreme Court decision Haynes v. United States, criminals do not have to register illegal guns.....it violates their 5th amendment protection against self incrimination...so there fore requiring any citizen to register a gun puts them in jeapordy of self incrimination.......therefore it is unconstitutional.......

Besides...current, federally mandated background checks do not stop criminals or mass shooters from getting guns.....they simply use someone with a clean record to buy the gun for them, steal the gun or in the case of almost all mass shooters, simply get the background check done and pass it........

Therefore.....any universal background check can be avoided by using someone with a clean record to buy the gun from the individual seller for the criminal....making a universal background check pointless....just another bureacratic hoop that puts a law abiding citizen at risk of legal jeopardy if they fail to do a useless, burueacratic step.....

Also....the gun grabbers have done their usual trick...they take something that most people think makes common sense...and then they twist it to attack law abiding gun owners......

In the new push for universal background checks, they have changed the wording from all "Sales" to all "transfers" making it illegal to loan a friend a gun for a day at the range or hunting without a background check. Also....if you go on vacation and need to store your guns with a friend....you have to now do a background check to hand the guns to him....and when you get home...you have to do another background check to get them back....

also....any firearm class....the gun grabbers want to use universal background check transfer provisions to squeeze out small firearm instructors.....making it impossible for small, firearm instruction classes and requiring larger corporate instruction....making it harder for many people to access good instruction....

There are many reasons universal background checks are nothing more than another attack on normal gun owners, and which do nothing to stop criminals....

Forum List

Back