Judge corrects trump: “I want to stress, Mr. Trump, that you have an absolute right to testify at trial, if that’s what you decide to do,”

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

Of course trump knows he can testify at his hearing. He is setting the stage so that he can have an excuse when he backs out of his claim that he will testify at the hearing. I am sure his followers took his word as gospel when he said the gag order precluded his testimony. I am glad the judge called our his lie. It is sad a man who is running to sit in the WH again has to speak falsehoods on such a regular basis.

But intimidating jurors and witnesses by grandstanding in a political forum or online is "Illegal."

The judge ruled some tome ago that if Trump does testify then the Manhattan DA's office can stray far afield ad ask all sorts of question NOT ABOUT the [phony] charges.

Marchan has violated Trump's rights, and the NY Rules of Evidence.
dOnald tRump is a high yield perjury bomb with a hair trigger.

No way his lawyers let him anywhere near the stand.

The judge ruled some tome ago that if Trump does testify then the Manhattan DA's office can stray far afield ad ask all sorts of question NOT ABOUT the [phony] charges.

That is exactly what New York did that got Harvey Weinstein's conviction overturned.

That is exactly what New York did that got Harvey Weinstein's conviction overturned.

Should have been 7-0, but it was a 4-3 decision. The three who didn't vote to overturn basically said because these were crimes against women, Weintsin's rights didn't matter/count.

In a stinging dissent, Judge Madeline Singas wrote that the Court of Appeals was continuing a “disturbing trend of overturning juries’ guilty verdicts in cases involving sexual violence.” She said the ruling came at “the expense and safety of women.”

In another dissent, Judge Anthony Cannataro wrote that the decision was “endangering decades of progress in this incredibly complex and nuanced area of law” regarding sex crimes after centuries of “deeply patriarchal and misogynistic legal tradition.”

Last edited:
The Judge is trying to manipulate the judge into testifying, by suggesting to the jury that he "should " testify if he has nothing to hide.

Making that statement in front of a jury is prejudicial, and reason for an immediate mistrial

Strange. A falsely accused man has a right to remain silent and a duty to witness. Both are true and mutually exclusive. I know of the man through whom we have that right to remain silent. He was nailed to a tree. I prefer that men do their duty. I really hate seeing falsely accused men nailed to a tree.

Witnessing is an all or nothing proposition. Should he do his duty, The accusers have to do their duty also. Same rules, all or nothing. I doubt that his accusers are prepared to do that. Few are.

Are we under the rule of Law or the rule of politic?

Defamation above and liable

No family and no supporters.

/----/ The security for the family would be an extra burden on the city, plus you assclowns would target them whenever they show up.
Here are the "no supporters" for ya.:

Trump says he would 'absolutely' testify in his New York ...​

1714821530770.png
NBC News
https://www.nbcnews.com › politics › donald-trump › t...

Apr 12, 2024 — Former President Donald Trump told reporters Friday he would "absolutely" testify in his upcoming hush money trial that is set to begin on ...

Trump Falsely Says He Isn't Allowed To Testify In Hush ...​

1714821624794.png
Forbes
https://www.forbes.com › Business

2 days ago — Former President Donald Trump said he is unable to testify in his hush money case because of “an unconstitutional gag order” imposed against ...

SO.....................Trump violates the judges gag order a dozen times, then when he could exonerate himself and expose the "Deep State' by testifying, Trump makes up an excuse. (LIE)

Serious question. New York doesn't have the "wide open cross-examination" rule?

The Judge is trying to manipulate the judge into testifying, by suggesting to the jury that he "should " testify if he has nothing to hide.

Making that statement in front of a jury is prejudicial, and reason for an immediate mistrial
No, he was correcting a LIE that trump made after leaving court. You stupid people believe every lie through POS tells.

Forum List

Back