It's Troubling that So Many Liberals Still Believe the Lockdowns Were the Right Response to COVID

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Even after all the data that we now have that show that the lockdowns made no meaningful difference in rates of death or illness, and that lockdowns arguably made things worse, most liberals continue to believe that lockdowns were the correct response to the COVID pandemic.

I repeat the word "most," because quite a few liberals have recognized that the lockdowns were a disaster or at least an overly harsh reaction.

EXCERPT:

The researchers found no statistically significant effect from the restrictions. The mortality rates in states with stringent policies were not significantly different from those in less restrictive states. Two of the largest states, California and Florida, fared the same—their mortality rates both stood at the national average—despite California’s lengthy lockdowns and Florida’s early reopening. New York, with a mortality rate worse than average despite ranking first in the nation in the stringency of its policies, fared the same as the least restrictive state, South Dakota.

Meantime, the lockdowns did have other significant effects on health. Rates of smoking, drinking, and obesity increased. The number of excess deaths from non-Covid causes in the U.S. rose by nearly 100,000 annually due to extra deaths from stroke, heart attack, diabetes, obesity, drug overdoses, alcohol-induced causes, homicide, and traffic accidents. Many of these excess deaths, which occurred disproportionately among working-age adults, were presumably related to the lockdowns’ disruptions in people’s lives and in medical treatments. The delays in screening for heart disease and cancer will continue to have a deadly impact in the years ahead.

Some other informative sources:

By the way, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is the only presidential candidate who says the lockdowns were wrong and unnecessary, and who says he would have responded to the pandemic very differently. RFK Jr. says he would have followed the approach suggested by the thousands of scientists and medical doctors who signed the Great Barrington Declaration.

Even after all the data that we now have that show that the lockdowns made no meaningful difference in rates of death or illness, and that lockdowns arguably made things worse, most liberals continue to believe that lockdowns were the correct response to the COVID pandemic.

I repeat the word "most," because quite a few liberals have recognized that the lockdowns were a disaster or at least an overly harsh reaction.

EXCERPT:

By the way, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is the only presidential candidate who says the lockdowns were wrong and unnecessary, and who says he would have responded to the pandemic very differently. RFK Jr. says he would have followed the approach suggested by the thousands of scientists and medical doctors who signed the Great Barrington Declaration.
go ahead and be troubled, mike. quarantines would have been the proper response to covid IF ANY QUARANTINES HAD BEEN DECLARED.

none were.

all "lock downs" were voluntary and if i remember correctly none of you complied anyway.

EXCERPT:

Fumes Fumigate

Unlike what we are told it means, this is what I mean by Critical Thinking: Go beyond the required interpretations from both bossy sides and look for something outside of what the hired pundits tell you.

From a deep perspective instead of the shallow thinking of self-appointed experts, I see under all this incompetent propaganda that the Lockdown actually caused the deaths. The lack of economic activity reduced auto-emissions, which have killed off all viruses ever since they reached a level that ended the Spanish Influenza in 1920. Backing that "outrageous" statement up is the fact that it was the only pandemic in history that never returned.

EXCERPT:

They had an election to win. They have no remorse

EXCERPT:

In 2020 lockdowns were the ONLY AVAILABLE OPTION.

for a contrary opinion see Florida which ranked as the 6th worst COUNTRY in the world for COVID deaths.

EXCERPT:

Can you compare and contrast the Covid reactions between Norway and Sweden?

A very strong stubbornness has creped into the nations left wing... and like I've always said stubbornness is a close friend of stupid....
They know the truth but are too immature and stubborn to admit it....
Well, when it comes to "stupid" MAGAT experience and expertise is to be respected.

1715295469204.gif

Forum List

Back