House Votes 382 to 35 for “Blue Lives Matter” Bill, a Dangerous Solution in Search of a Problem

House Votes 382 to 35 for “Blue Lives Matter” Bill, a Dangerous Solution in Search of a Problem

absolutely fucking insane that Blue Lives Matter is a thing that's just been mainstreamed without fanfare. It's as openly fascist as anything I've ever seen in this country; the purpose is to respond to Black Lives Matter by saying "no they don't, and your murderers are heroes"

Just one more overreach by the Fed Govt. Every bill like this that gets passed takes away power from the states.
How? You don’t think blue lives matter? Step out punk

Yes, blue lives matter and the states have laws to deal with those that harm the police. We do not need the Feds to be our nannies in everything we do. I get that being a statist you think the Fed Govt is the answer to all our problems, but they normally create more than they solve.
Not at all, but our law enforcement are being trashed by federal politics. I see no issues. Stop bashing men in blue!

absolutely fucking insane that Blue Lives Matter is a thing that's just been mainstreamed without fanfare. It's as openly fascist as anything I've ever seen in this country; the purpose is to respond to Black Lives Matter by saying "no they don't, and your murderers are heroes"

Just one more overreach by the Fed Govt. Every bill like this that gets passed takes away power from the states.

Yes, blue lives matter and the states have laws to deal with those that harm the police. We do not need the Feds to be our nannies in everything we do. I get that being a statist you think the Fed Govt is the answer to all our problems, but they normally create more than they solve.
Not at all, but our law enforcement are being trashed by federal politics. I see no issues. Stop bashing men in blue!

Then keep the darn Feds out of it totally!

See how that works! No Feds is almost always a better solution

I agree. You should have told obammy to stfu. He made streets unsafe

As it should be. Any police officer that kills anybody black or otherwise unjustified is charged and prisoned. Now if you can name me one who hasn't, please post the link and video if available.

The problem with the left is they want us to live in a lawless uncivilized world. The left believes that what they don't like is the law.

D.A. rejects charges against sheriff's deputy who killed cyclist

It was a traffic accident.

Would you or I have not been charged?

As it should be. Any police officer that kills anybody black or otherwise unjustified is charged and prisoned. Now if you can name me one who hasn't, please post the link and video if available.

The problem with the left is they want us to live in a lawless uncivilized world. The left believes that what they don't like is the law.

Maybe, but as the article pointed out, it's not really a chargeable offense if the officer was in the process of police work. It's kind of like if the police are in a high speed chase and the suspect or officer gets into an accident with an innocent motorist or pedestrian. Should they be able to charge the officer for manslaughter?

That drifts off the point however. The only point I originally made is that cops are not beating or killing people outside of the law.

They can’t fathom that the police target minorities, but they DO believe the FBI is corrupt because they are looking at Trump .

Hypocrites.
Not really, The FBI shouldn't be political and spy on ANY campaign.
The police have bad appples, but all those "murders" you talk and protest about, most of them end up to be justifiable...

it's really simple, the cops stop you, just do what they say....put your hands on the wheel and

and why are they stopped, because they don't fix shit on their cars, maybe fix the taillight and forgo the dope this month.
and yes white people get stopped by cops in rough neighborhoods to tell them they should leave the area.....

I don't know, but it's LA, it's not conservative white Alabama......the prosecutors and police brass are pretty leftwing....so maybe they are racist???

FRont page tells you about the author

Jonathan Cohn
Editor. Bibliophile. Gadfly. Environmentalist. Super-volunteer for progressive campaigns. Boston by way of Baltimore, London, NYC, DC, and Philly.

yep an article by an admitted commie.......

and hey look at this

It was disappointing to see that a number of representatives who are usually progressive stalwarts — like Keith Ellison (MN-05), Raul Grijalva (AZ-03), and Jan Schakowsky (IL-09), among others — voted for this shameful bill.

what??????? He could have voted no because it would pass either way, I wonder why he voted yes on it....any thoughts?

I agree. You should have told obammy to stfu. He made streets unsafe

I did but he didn’t listen

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Maybe, but as the article pointed out, it's not really a chargeable offense if the officer was in the process of police work. It's kind of like if the police are in a high speed chase and the suspect or officer gets into an accident with an innocent motorist or pedestrian. Should they be able to charge the officer for manslaughter?

That drifts off the point however. The only point I originally made is that cops are not beating or killing people outside of the law.

That's a bullshit excuse for a DA not to prosecute and hold one of their own accountable. The guy was reading his laptop while he was driving, swerved into a bike lane and killed someone. This was nothing like a high speed chase and many departments don't even allow those anymore except in extreme circumstances. She could and should have charged him for manslaughter like they would anybody else and yes, he did kill someone outside of the law, so it does not drift off your point.

Okay, first off, what did the officers do that was illegal? After all, you have to do something against the law. You heard them order the guy to the ground which he refused, and the video is unclear of what happened next, although you hear officers commanding him to put his arms behind his back which it seems like he refused those orders as well.

Next is that the officers were charged on several counts including murder. It was a jury of citizens that found the officers not guilty.

Do you know anything about this case? It made national headlines back when it happened. The guy was mentally ill. He had the mind of a child and wasn't threatening anybody. He ran from the police because he was scared of them and apparently had good reason to be since they killed him. The officer threatened right on camera to fuck the guy up (his words) if he didn't listen to him. While they were beating the man to death he was crying for his daddy. This whole ordeal was caught on video. Minimal force to gain compliance is acceptable. This is not.

kelly-thomas.jpg

And by the way, one of the cops who was on trial just got convicted of beating his wife two years ago. Shocking......

Yes, the jury did acquit because there are plenty of bootlickers out there like you in the public who will not condemn a person in a uniform and badge under any circumstances.

In another case in Oklahoma, it took four trials before a jury finally convict this asshole of cold murder for the reason I just stated

Jurors in the first three trials deadlocked 11-1, 10-2 and 6-6, leading the judge to declare mistrials. Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler said Thursday that it illustrates the immense challenge prosecutors have in winning the conviction of a police officer.

"In the first trial, we learned from that and realized it's a very difficult case," he said. "The question with these jurors is ... can you put a police officer in prison?

"We recognize immediately that for the most part, people have a great respect for law enforcement officers, but there are cases when good people make poor decisions," he said.

Experts: Hard for jurors to convict when cops are on trial

The irony is you clowns have bitched for years about the left passing their hate crime laws and now here you are sticking up for one the right is about to pass.

Okay, first off, what did the officers do that was illegal? After all, you have to do something against the law. You heard them order the guy to the ground which he refused, and the video is unclear of what happened next, although you hear officers commanding him to put his arms behind his back which it seems like he refused those orders as well.

Next is that the officers were charged on several counts including murder. It was a jury of citizens that found the officers not guilty.
Dude, he hates cops

My best friend is a cop, you idiot.

Dude, he hates cops

I don’t care! How would I know that?

Dude, he hates cops

You presumed to know what I like and hate, didn't you?

Dude, he hates cops

You presumed to know what I like and hate, didn't you?
Why wouldn’t I? You’re on a message board duh

Do you know anything about this case? It made national headlines back when it happened. The guy was mentally ill. He had the mind of a child and wasn't threatening anybody. He ran from the police because he was scared of them and apparently had good reason to be since they killed him. The officer threatened right on camera to fuck the guy up (his words) if he didn't listen to him. While they were beating the man to death he was crying for his daddy. This whole ordeal was caught on video. Minimal force to gain compliance is acceptable. This is not.

kelly-thomas.jpg

And by the way, one of the cops who was on trial just got convicted of beating his wife two years ago. Shocking......

Yes, the jury did acquit because there are plenty of bootlickers out there like you in the public who will not condemn a person in a uniform and badge under any circumstances.

In another case in Oklahoma, it took four trials before a jury finally convict this asshole of cold murder for the reason I just stated

Jurors in the first three trials deadlocked 11-1, 10-2 and 6-6, leading the judge to declare mistrials. Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler said Thursday that it illustrates the immense challenge prosecutors have in winning the conviction of a police officer.

"In the first trial, we learned from that and realized it's a very difficult case," he said. "The question with these jurors is ... can you put a police officer in prison?

"We recognize immediately that for the most part, people have a great respect for law enforcement officers, but there are cases when good people make poor decisions," he said.

Experts: Hard for jurors to convict when cops are on trial

The irony is you clowns have bitched for years about the left passing their hate crime laws and now here you are sticking up for one the right is about to pass.

All I'm telling you is that we don't convict people because we don't like something they did. They had to break a law first. It's like the George Zimmerman case. He defended himself with deadly force after suffering a brutal beating. He was charged with murder and again, found not guilty.

The police had no idea that the man was mentally ill. They had no idea if he had a weapon or not. What they did know is that for whatever reason, he wasn't complying with orders. He wouldn't get on the ground and he (apparently) didn't put his hands behind his back.

I'm not saying that I agree with how badly they beat this guy, but the question to the jury was if he broke any laws or not. We had a case here just a few years ago. A 12 year old was playing with his toy gun. People called the police on him because it was an exact replica of the real thing. When he seen the cops, he stuffed the gun in his pants. When the officer got out of his car, he began pulling the toy gun out and the officer killed him.

It was all on video, and the defense used that video to show the officer acted according to law. While he may have made a better judgment move, he didn't break any laws.

That's a bullshit excuse for a DA not to prosecute and hold one of their own accountable. The guy was reading his laptop while he was driving, swerved into a bike lane and killed someone. This was nothing like a high speed chase and many departments don't even allow those anymore except in extreme circumstances. She could and should have charged him for manslaughter like they would anybody else and yes, he did kill someone outside of the law, so it does not drift off your point.

I'm just going by the article you posted. Again, here is what is said:

In declining to bring criminal charges against Deputy Andrew Francis Wood, prosecutors noted that a state law banning drivers from using wireless electronic devices while driving exempts police officers and other emergency professionals.

So your issue is with their law, not with the DA. The DA can only charge somebody if they broke a law. Because of this exemption in the law, the DA was helpless in bringing charges.

"Mike Brown should have turned 22 today. His memory will always live in our hearts and our movement for justice"

"Mike Brown should have turned 22 today. His memory will always live in our hearts and our movement for justice"

Perhaps one day we will make theft and attacking a police officer legal in this country. For now, some will have to suffer the consequences of our current laws.

Forum List

Back