What's new

Burgers Or Hotdogs?

Which Do You Prefer?

• Total voters
I guess it all depends on the cuts that you use to make it, but it kind of depends on what you are using it for as well. If I was making burgers, I would want a good cut of meat--if I was making chili or meatloaf or taco meat, maybe that wouldn't be so important.
My favorite so far for burgers is chuck roast and sirloin - 50-50 mix.

Haven't tried making sausage yet - that is the next adventure. Waiting until I'm going to smoke a pork Butt - you get two in the package at Costco. One for pulled pork - the other for sausage.

1713460405668.png

My favorite so far for burgers is chuck roast and sirloin - 50-50 mix.

Haven't tried making sausage yet - that is the next adventure. Waiting until I'm going to smoke a pork Butt - you get two in the package at Costco. One for pulled pork - the other for sausage.
My bro in law makes his own sausage and potato sausage (Scandanavian) and he does a pretty good job. He doesn't do small quantities though. Too much trouble. He makes a party of it and makes it for a number of families in the area with their help and beer. LOL

See what y'all done I am now out the doorway to get a hot dog.;)

I know right? Thankfully I'm going out tomorrow but I think that I'll grab a burger instead. 😋

I know right? Thankfully I'm going out tomorrow but I think that I'll grab a burger instead. 😋
There is a Portuguese sausage maker in the central valley of CA that makes an AMAZINGLY GOOD hot dog but I can't remember the name of the outfit. The last time I had one, I bought the package at a store in Hilmar or Stevinson, CA. Wish I could find one that good right now. LOL

My bro in law makes his own sausage and potato sausage (Scandanavian) and he does a pretty good job. He doesn't do small quantities though. Too much trouble. He makes a party of it and makes it for a number of families in the area with their help and beer. LOL
Nice. The pork butt is about 7 lbs. I also have a vacuum sealer, so I'd freeze a whole bunch too.

Nice. The pork butt is about 7 lbs. I also have a vacuum sealer, so I'd freeze a whole bunch too.
Cash and Carry puts pork butt and shoulder on sale up this way quite often. Our Grange buys gobs of it for pulled pork dinner fundraisers.

You know with people talking about hotdogs so much and posting pictures of them make I might be rethinking my lunch selection tomorrow here lol

You know with people talking about hotdogs so much and posting pictures of them make I might be rethinking my lunch selection tomorrow here lol
you betta get a hot dog!!!. Road Runner- you know the song- if they catch you'll be threw. lol :D

nothing? LOL you're name that's all. :)

So, why bring up the hotdog part? Let me guess, you don't have a clue do you? (Not my first rodeo buddy as that's the story of my life and people around me. 😂)

Really both, but like hot sausage or Italian sausage links better than traditional hot dogs.
Give me a hot Italian sausage with Tzatziki sauce on a toasted roll - oh yeah!

Well my final answer is burger for lunch today. 😋

Forum List

Back
Top Bottom