Brazen’ Florida Shoplifter Sentenced to 30 Years After Rejecting 3-Year Plea Deal for Stealing $20,000 Worth of Designer Sunglasses

horselightning

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2013
I am sure she was selling them.

But I question the wisdom of telling people they can steal $20K from Sunglasses Hut.

so in stead of plea bargan she takes 30 years. well one less thief to worry about . what would you do with 20,000 dollar worth of sun glasses? just wondering.
Sell them bitches at a flea market. It’s 100% profit, heck even selling them to a pawn shop you’re still making all profit.

so in stead of plea bargan she takes 30 years. well one less thief to worry about . what would you do with 20,000 dollar worth of sun glasses? just wondering.
Sell them on Amazon. Those large cases of retail theft are really instances or organized crime using young idiots like crack dealers do. They offered her a plea and she refused. I'm okay with what comes next. What I have an issue with are idiots like you who love to see justice in these cases but when Rick Scott's company commits billions in Medicare fraud you not only don't convict him of anything, you keep electing him to office. Explain that one to me.

This case really isn't "shoplifting" at all, this broad Ms. Atmore was looting the sun glass store and was offered a real sweet heart dealt.

Shoplifting is being a sneak thief, this is looting since it was done openly.

IMHO, the old school idea of "Looters will be shot on site" has a lot of merit.

That has to be the dumbest, most entitled, thieving chick in Florida. At least she picked a career with a retirement plan, as she will not be working grand theft again, until after she is 60 years old.:auiqs.jpg:

That has to be the dumbest, most entitled, thieving chick in Florida. At least she picked a career with a retirement plan, as she will not be working grand theft again, until after she is 60 years old.:auiqs.jpg:

Nah, man. It's a state crime. They can get out after 30%, 10 years. She'll probably get out even earlier with good behavior.

She thought that she might do 5 and probably only 60% of her sentence for allegedly being on good behavior behind bars.

However....she didn't know that the laws had changed. What she did amounted to a felony and was going to be treated as such. Then the other stolen merchandise in her possession got her even more time....including an $8,000 ring from Zales she stole.

So....where she might get out in 20-25 years (concurrent charges and time) she ain't gonna do it again with impunity and harassment of employees that approach her brazen thefts.

Is that 30% thing a Florida statute?
No....it's basically something done in EVERY state to reduce prison overcrowding.

What we need is more prisons and more guards....but the whole system of prisons needs an overhaul.

maybe she real blind or dont like the sun lol

Last edited:
The Courts are messed up to allow or install this sort of nonsense.

Getting arrested, going to prison (yes) is a big deal. It should not be some sort of gambling bet for poor USA youngsters to have to decide when nobody knows what a trial is actually like for their offense charged!

27 yrs extra because some no-show lazy deep state prosecutor did not like your choice? Making them work harder? Some sick BS going on up in here.

Last edited:
The Courts are messed up to allow or install this sort of nonsense.

Getting arrested, going to prison (yes) is a big deal. It should not be some sort of gambling bet for poor USA youngsters to have to decide when nobody knows what a trial is actually like for their offense charged!

27 yrs extra because some no-show lazy deep state prosecutor did not like your choice? Making them work harder? Some sick BS going on up in here.

No, 27 extra years because she didn't take the plea deal. At that point shes subject to the fullest extent of the law. Stealing 20 grand is a serious crime.

Well it's common in most states, but I checked. It appears Florida treats state time like the feds do. 85%.

Since October 1, 1995, Florida Statute 944.275 has mandated that all state prisoners must serve no less than 85% of their sentence.

Where I live in LA, it's 35%.
Interesting. Thanks for looking it up. I wasn't sure exactly how.

States following the 30% before eligible should have longer mandates in their laws, and build more prison infrastructure and staffing to lessen overcrowding. Prisons are part of the costs to keeping normal citizens, safe from the lawless, often dangerous criminal element. I do not look at prison as correctional, as it rarely corrects. I look at it as punishment for crime and keeping them locked up, protecting society from their presence. When convicted, they have proven themselves a detriment, if not an outright danger to society and deserve to serve their time.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back