Zone1 Are you a member of a political party ? Why ?

What do you get ?
I can see that it shows support and provides finance. But does your membership give you any rights ?

In the UK members get to vote for their party leader.
Libs and labour members get to vote on policy.But the leaders are free to ignore the vote if they dont like it. The tories dont evn get that vote.
You can also use the party club facilities which is a variable benefit.But non members can pay to get in anyway.

Its not an extensive list of benefits.
What do you get in America ?
Are you a member of a political party ? Why ?

No. Never ever given a penny to any political party because they're all useless. But with anything political, you have to vote for the least worst party, hence why Labour never get my vote.

1697659209624.png

Some states require joining a party to vote in the primary's
The major party now in America is HATE your neighbors if they are not members of your political party.
It's tough to argue against that.

The last time we were this divided, it ended in the stock market crash and the Great Depression. The time before that, it ended in the Civil War. We have got to find a way past this or we are in for some rough times.

What do you get ?
I can see that it shows support and provides finance. But does your membership give you any rights ?

Libs and labour members get to vote on policy.But the leaders are free to ignore the vote if they dont like it. The tories dont evn get that vote.
You can also use the party club facilities which is a variable benefit.But non members can pay to get in anyway.

You get a very handsome lapel button.

What do you get ?

A damn good question. Unless one of the parties has done someone a favor. But I don't recall either party doing me or anybody else a favor. Both parties spend as drunken sailor only drunken sailors spent their own money. They all say they cut their spending while the truth is they spend more and more like fat piggies in the pie, spending, lying, making sure they get their snort.
Same with any of the over 2,000 government agencies. Get involved making the problem ten times worse? Any agency OSHA, IRS, DOJ, DoL, and the rest of the SOB if they owe you it will be like pulling teeth. and that is if you get it at all. and no interest unless you find whos backyard they have it buried in. I'm sure your Congressman also has his 'one form letter fits all' to streamline your total confusion and frustration. Sure glad I'm not one of those clowns one party evil one party goodie two shoe

Last edited:
A damn good question. Unless one of the parties has done someone a favor. But I don't recall either party doing me or anybody else a favor. Both parties spend as drunken sailor only drunken sailors spent their own money. They all say they cut their spending while the truth is they spend more and more like fat piggies in the pie, spending, lying, making sure they get their snort.
Same with any of the over 2,000 government agencies. Get involved making the problem ten times worse? Any agency OSHA, IRS, DOJ, DoL, and the rest of the SOB if they owe you it will be like pulling teeth. and that is if you get it at all. and no interest unless you find whos backyard they have it buried in. I'm sure your Congressman also has his 'one form letter fits all' to streamline your total confusion and frustration. Sure glad I'm not one of those clowns one party evil one party goodie two shoe
Government spending will always go up because of inflation.

Plaid. But I have voted labour and lib to keep the tory out.

Its great for you that you only have to vot tory now to get ukip/bnp policies.
I've never protest voted to keep another party out. Only once BNP was a vote to throw my vote away. All the others are based on policies. Only once I felt Labour's policies were better for the UK, the rest of the time, Labour have been disastrous. If nature made everyone to think objectively, Labour would never exist.

I vote objectively, never subjectively. Problem is, those who are Left Wing often/always vote based on feelings, they're too sensitive, they can't see the wood for the trees.

I ain't in Wales, no idea about Plaid. Where do they sit on the political spectrum?

I've never protest voted to keep another party out. Only once BNP was a vote to throw my vote away. All the others are based on policies. Only once I felt Labour's policies were better for the UK, the rest of the time, Labour have been disastrous. If nature made everyone to think objectively, Labour would never exist.

I vote objectively, never subjectively. Problem is, those who are Left Wing often/always vote based on feelings, they're too sensitive, they can't see the wood for the trees.

I ain't in Wales, no idea about Plaid. Where do they sit on the political spectrum?
They are on the decent side.
Your policy beliefs must be taking a battering under this tory recession.

They are on the decent side.
Your policy beliefs must be taking a battering under this tory recession.
Not at all because the Tories are still above Starmer.

I'll Google Plaid. I have a sneaky feeling they're more Lefty.

Edit - Yup, centre Left. Figures.

Do you know what, if I had a million quid, I would bet one million and one quid you would always vote Plaid, even if their policies were worse than the Conservative's !!

Not at all because the Tories are still above Starmer.

I'll Google Plaid. I have a sneaky feeling they're more Lefty.

Edit - Yup, centre Left. Figures.

Do you know what, if I had a million quid, I would bet one million and one quid you would always vote Plaid, even if their policies were worse than the Conservative's !!
How could they be wworse than the tories ? The tories hate Wales.

Forum List

Back