Americans are flush in liquidity - Thanks Joe!

They aren't up?
Is it really so hard to read a graph?
Really hard to do some elementary analysis?
Really so hard to post half way honestly?

They are only slightly up from 2019 and relatively low compared to prior decades.

If this is supposed to be an example of a troubling economic indicator then we must be doing pretty good.

Is it really so hard to read a graph?
Really hard to do some elementary analysis?
Really so hard to post half way honestly?

They are only slightly up from 2019 and relatively low compared to prior decades.

If this is supposed to be an example of a troubling economic indicator then we must be doing pretty good.

1715576772209.png

Right. Higher than anytime during Trump's term.
Higher than anytime since 2012. Even with Biden's awesome unemployment numbers
and his awesome economy. Weird.

If this is supposed to be an example of a troubling economic indicator

It sure isn't an example of a good economic indicator.

A recent study by Fitch Ratings found that more subprime borrowers were 60 days or more behind on their car payments than at any other time on record. After a couple of down years, vehicle repossessions are up by 20.4%, according to Cox Automotive.

Is this an example of a troubling economic indicator?

View attachment 946153

Right. Higher than anytime during Trump's term.
Higher than anytime since 2012. Even with Biden's awesome unemployment numbers
and his awesome economy. Weird.

If this is supposed to be an example of a troubling economic indicator

It sure isn't an example of a good economic indicator.

A recent study by Fitch Ratings found that more subprime borrowers were 60 days or more behind on their car payments than at any other time on record. After a couple of down years, vehicle repossessions are up by 20.4%, according to Cox Automotive.

Is this an example of a troubling economic indicator?
I analyze data for a living. I wouldnt hire you. Rates were rising under Trump. Look at 2016 and 2020 before the pandemic. If they continued to rise at that rate you'd be where we are now. Congratulations you identified Trump as the issue.

1715608560283.png

I analyze data for a living. I wouldnt hire you. Rates were rising under Trump. Look at 2016 and 2020 before the pandemic. If they continued to rise at that rate you'd be where we are now. Congratulations you identified Trump as the issue.

View attachment 946246

Rates were rising under Trump. Look at 2016 and 2020 before the pandemic.

Trump took office in 2017. Now analyze the numbers under Biden.

Did rates increase under Trump? Yes they did.

Do you care? No you don't, because these statistics are just means to your political ends.

Bottom line is that deliquency rates are still historically low and they don't present a serious reason for systemic concern at this point.

Yes, it looks like they increased a bit under Trump.

No. That is why I explained it. The metric I used is simply income after taxes. Income you can dispose. Credit card debt is a record low when compared to income. You are correct, there are other definitions for disposable income which is why i clarified.
Wrong again city.

Disposable income is the amount of money that an individual or household has to spend or save after federal, state, and local taxes are paid12345. It is an important economic indicator that is used by economists in determining the demand in an economy3. Discretionary income is the income available to spend after all the necessities have been paid for.

You do realize that what you highlighted is exactly what I posted. Right?

Laughing%20at%20you-S.jpg
Ok i have no idea your point. I was challenged that disposable income doesnt simply mean wages less taxes paid. I posted the definition. Then was challenged again. Then posted the link. Then you posted a link that said the same thing i did and insinuated i was wrong. Then I posted the link and a picture of the definition used in the graph which aligns with my initial explanation. Now .... here we are.

Forum List

Back