Zone1 Why are Christians opposed to abortion when God.....

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
when God killed ALL babies in the great flood of Noah's Ark flood fame?

I write this not to anger people, if you're not interested in discussing it, then don't. Keep your religion to yourself and move on. I write this because I've had a conversation in another thread and thought it might be a good question to ask for those who want to test their religion against my lack of religion.

I write this not to anger people, if you're not interested in discussing it, then don't. Keep your religion to yourself and move on. I write this because I've had a conversation in another thread and thought it might be a good question to ask for those who want to test their religion against my lack of religion.
so you bring up religion and then tell people to keep their religion to themselves,,

what gives??

if you want to know why god did something go ask him,,

Because they weren't ripped out of the womb.

It's because God isn't doing the killing

I can't begin to know why God does the things He does........but I would venture a guess to maybe answer your question or atleast give you something to think about.

Knowing that God made the flood to kill off all mankind, with the exception of Noah, his family and the animals.......he had done so because mankind had become evil in His sight......that is from the Bible.

Here comes my guess as to why it was for everyone, including children and babies.....and is similar to why He had also commanded the Hebrews to kill off the whole tribe or group of peoples (including children and babies) when they fought to take the land He had given them..........was because those kids would be taught those same evil ways that were an abomination to Him........same with the kids of Sodom and Gomorrah.

It's because God isn't doing the killing

So, it's okay for God to kill, and then for you to worship a killer, but it's not okay for humans to kill?

God said humans were made in his image.... he's a killer, we're killers, what's the difference?

I can't begin to know why God does the things He does........but I would venture a guess to maybe answer your question or atleast give you something to think about.

Knowing that God made the flood to kill off all mankind, with the exception of Noah, his family and the animals.......he had done so because mankind had become evil in His sight......that is from the Bible.

Here comes my guess as to why it was for everyone, including children and babies.....and is similar to why He had also commanded the Hebrews to kill off the whole tribe or group of peoples (including children and babies) when they fought to take the land He had given them..........was because those kids would be taught those same evil ways that were an abomination to Him........same with the kids of Sodom and Gomorrah.

How did mankind become "evil"? and what did that "evil" look like?

Would you not say that the modern world is probably MORE EVIL than mankind was back then?

A baby born just before the flood was evil? Then this justifies abortions.

Would you not say that the modern world is probably MORE EVIL than mankind was back then?

since god killed everyone,, if the mother wants to kill herself when she kills her child I wont try and stop her,,

so you bring up religion and then tell people to keep their religion to themselves,,

what gives??

if you want to know why god did something go ask him,,

No wonder you're on my ignore list.

Sometimes, if I start a thread (it's rare) I will talk to people on my ignore list, simply because I started the thread. But your post, nah, I can see why I put you on it.

So, it's okay for God to kill, and then for you to worship a killer, but it's not okay for humans to kill?

God said humans were made in his image.... he's a killer, we're killers, what's the difference?
I'm a secular humanist. Whatever God does is ok with Christians.

Since you put it that way.... Humans aren't God. If God takes a life, that doesn't mean everyone gets to take a life. This is really not a new concept. Jeffrey Dahmer had the same idea. When he killed, he was the same as God. There was no difference.

Ever hear the story of Adam & Eve????? When that snake tempted them with the apple from the Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil???

It has been said that if He doesn't come back soon, He might owe Soddom & Gomorrah an apology....IOW, yes the world today is very evil and I wasn't there to compare the two

Also, the Bible says (Revelations maybe), that in the last days the world will be filled with evil and will be happening faster because that snake knows his time is short.

Nothing justifies the killing of your own child.

Since you put it that way.... Humans aren't God. If God takes a life, that doesn't mean everyone gets to take a life. This is really not a new concept. Jeffrey Dahmer had the same idea. When he killed, he was the same as God. There was no difference.
Jeffrey Dahmer killed actual living, breathing guys. That's a bit different than "killing" the amount of fluids that fit in a teaspoon.

So, this is a massive case of do as I say, not as I do?

But surely God is a role model for humans? We are created in his image, the Bible sets out what is right and what is wrong. If God is killing people, and God says killing people is evil, what does that make God?

Ever hear the story of Adam & Eve????? When that snake tempted them with the apple from the Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil???

It has been said that if He doesn't come back soon, He might owe Soddom & Gomorrah an apology....IOW, yes the world today is very evil and I wasn't there to compare the two

Also, the Bible says (Revelations maybe), that in the last days the world will be filled with evil and will be happening faster because that snake knows his time is short.

Nothing justifies the killing of your own child.

So, apparently, there were 1056 years between Adam and Eve and Noah.

So, for 1056 years human were "evil" and God didn't do anything. Then one day he wakes up and goes "ah, they're evil".

Noah is a decedent of Adam and Eve, so, all people were evil because Adam and Eve but Noah and his family. That makes no sense.

Even babies and fetuses were condemned.... so, a baby, born to a person, is inherently evil because they were born to an evil person, Noah was born to an evil person.

Forum List

Back