Sandy Hook families can sue gun manufacturers.

Should crime victims be able to sue gun manufacturers?

• Total voters
What part of "shall not be abridged" didn't you understand? When the Amendment was approved, there were no classes of firearms not covered.

Yes, nuclear arms are covered by the 2nd amendment, However, it would be impossible for any private citizen to get their hands on one.

Fucking moron, your ability to arm yourself is not abridged if certain weapons are banned for you. Nukes are illegal for people like you. And for good reason.

It's your opinion that any of that is constitutional. Your argument is simply that the SC is the final authority on what the Constitution means. That's the attitude of a groveling bootlicker.

That's actually how this country functions. A pity you're so un-American you don't like it.

Fucking moron, your ability to arm yourself is not abridged if certain weapons are banned for you. Nukes are illegal for people like you. And for good reason.
Yes it is. End of discussion. What do you believe "abridged" means?

abridge​

[ uh-brij ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for: abridge / abridged on Thesaurus.com
📓 High School Level

verb (used with object), a·bridged, a·bridg·ing.

to shorten by omissions while retaining the basic contents:to abridge a reference book.

to reduce or lessen in duration, scope, authority, etc.; diminish; curtail:to abridge a visit;to abridge one's freedom.

to deprive; cut off.

That's actually how this country functions. A pity you're so un-American you don't like it.
You keep saying that because you know there is no language in the Constitution that allows the government to regulate firearms. Yeah, we know the government is run by scumbags who don't follow the laws as written.

How the country functions is dishonest and corrupt. Did you have an other observations to post?

Last edited:
Yes it is. End of discussion. What do you believe "abridged" means?

abridge​

[ uh-brij ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for: abridge / abridged on Thesaurus.com
📓 High School Level

verb (used with object), a·bridged, a·bridg·ing.

to shorten by omissions while retaining the basic contents:to abridge a reference book.

to reduce or lessen in duration, scope, authority, etc.; diminish; curtail:to abridge a visit;to abridge one's freedom.

to deprive; cut off.

Fucking moron, your 2nd Amendment rights are not abridged. You'd still have the right to arm yourself. Of course, I'm saying this to a fucking moron who thinks it's constitutional to possess a nuke. :cuckoo:

Fucking moron, your 2nd Amendment rights are not abridged. You'd still have the right to arm yourself. Of course, I'm saying this to a fucking moron who thinks it's constitutional to possess a nuke. :cuckoo:
ROFL! What a fucking moron. So if he government only allows me to buy an air rifle, my 2nd Amendment rights haven't been limited?

Only a groveling servile bootlicking minion would swallow that logic.

"Limited" does not mean "eliminated." It means reduced in any way. Preventing me from owning a sawed off shotgun is limiting what firearms I can own. That means my 2nd Amendment rights have been abridged (limited)

You keep saying that because you know there is no language in the Constitution that allows the government to regulate firearms. Yeah, we know the government is run by scumbag who don't follow the laws as written.

How the country functions is dishonest and corrupt. Did you have an other observations to post?

Great, ignore the part about a "well regulated militia."

Your ignorance aside, the USSC is the final arbiter in determining the constitutionality of laws. Your bitterness over that doesn't actually change anything.

ROFL! What a fucking moron. So if he government only allows me to buy an air rifle, my 2nd Amendment rights haven't been limited?

Only a groveling servile bootlicking minion would swallow that logic.

"Limited" does not mean "eliminated." It means reduced in any way. Preventing me from owning a sawed off shotgun is limiting what firearms I can own. That means my 2nd Amendment rights have been abridged (limited)

Argument absurdum -- the government is not limiting you to air guns.

Your ignorance aside, the USSC is the final arbiter in determining the constitutionality of laws. Your bitterness over that doesn't actually change anything.
They determine the definition the government will enforce. That's not the same as what the words actually mean.

In those days, the meaning of "well regulated" meant well trained and functioning correctly. It does not mean a pile of government rules.

Argument absurdum -- the government is not limiting you to air guns.
No it isn't but it does limit us to semi-automatic weapons, and it wants to limit us from possessing weapons that possess certain largely cosmetic features.

Furthermore, argument absurdum is not a logical fallacy. It's a type of argument that is often effective.

They determine the definition the government will enforce. That's not the same as what the words actually mean.

In those days, the meaning of "well regulated" meant well trained and functioning correctly. It does not mean a pile of government rules.

LOL

Now you're arguing the meaning of the Amendment has changed. Well so have the laws, fucking moron.

No it isn't but it does limit us to semi-automatic weapons, and it wants to limit us from possessing weapons that possess certain largely cosmetic features.

Furthermore, argument absurdum is not a logical fallacy. It's a type of argument that is often effective.

You're arguing nonsense with yourself now. :cuckoo:

1. It's not the law-abiding gun owner who's shooting up schools. They can have whatever firepower they deem either necessary or desirable. They're not breaking the law or hurting anyone.
2. AR's still account for a very small percentage of "gun deaths". Trying to eliminate them will do precisely zero to the number of deaths. Tell you what, since the AR has been de-criminalized, has the number of gun deaths gone up or down? That should tell you what will likely happen if you again criminalize big, black, scary-looking guns.
I know plenty of people who own AR-15s, and nope they aren't using them in crime's, and hopefully they will never have to use them to defend themselves or their property. So far (and so many years), so good.

Sure it does. What part of "shall no be abridged" don't you understand?

Whether the government has made something illegal doesn't mean it followed the Constitution.
Usually and sadly these days, the reason the government is deeming something illegal, uhhhh is because it is doing something illegal. Nothing like them covering one thing up with another these days eh ??

LOL

Now you're arguing the meaning of the Amendment has changed. Well so have the laws, fucking moron.
Nope, the meaning hasn't changed. You simply wish to use prog definitions of the terms instead of the original definition.

Of course I disagree. The Supreme Court upheld the National Firearms Act of 1934 as they ruled sawed off shotguns are not protected by the 2nd Amendment.
Look at you, lying to yourself and everyone else.
Copy and paste the text from ruling where it upheld the NFA ban on short-barreled shotguns.

The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.
Your ignorance aside, the USSC is the final arbiter in determining the constitutionality of laws.
And thus, you agree with the above.

Look at you, lying to yourself and everyone else.
Copy and paste the text from ruling where it upheld the NFA ban on short-barreled shotguns.

How sad you're too stupid to find this without my help even after I gave you the case. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Primary Holding
Only weapons that have a reasonable relationship to the effectiveness of a well-regulated militia under the Second Amendment are free from government regulation.

Forum List

Back