Ohio Sheriff says 300 Teachers have Signed up for CCW Class

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
He said the response had been great. This is just what is needed.

If we can fly with Air Marshall's, to protect us on a plane, we can protect our class rooms as well

-Geaux

Ohio sheriff says 300 teachers signed up for his concealed carry class

BUTLER COUNTY, OH (WCMH) — There is a renewed push to have teachers trained and armed with guns in schools.

Butler County Sheriff Richard K Jones is an advocate of this plan. He has offered to cover the cost for teachers to take a concealed carry class in Butler County, which is north of Cincinnati. After receiving 300 requests, Jones said the limit had been reached.

Ohio sheriff says 300 teachers have signed up for his CCW class

28279666_10214491536857662_7133016279617777252_n.jpg

As long as it's voluntary, it's a great idea.
Imagine if shooters knew that there is likely to be at least several armed individuals at every school.

Instead of at least trying this out nationwide, the left want public schools to remain gun free zones, where everyone inside is a target.

Imagine if shooters knew that there is likely to be at least several armed individuals at every school.

Instead of at least trying this out nationwide, the left want public schools to remain gun free zones, where everyone inside is a target.

I agree. Just like thugs look for unlocked cars, doors etc, they also look for soft targets to shoot up. No guns for defense ensures the pendulum swings in favor of the aggressor

-Geaux

Yet he wont let his deputies carry Narcan, not their job.

It says that where?

How is it relevant?

Easy to find. Why doesn't' he do something about the drug dealers in his country, which has a lot of OD's.

2010 census[edit]

As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 368,130 people, 135,960 households, and 95,404 families residing in the county.[23] The population density was 788.2 inhabitants per square mile (304.3/km2). There were 148,273 housing units at an average density of 317.5 per square mile (122.6/km2).[24] The racial makeup of the county was 86.0% white, 7.3% black or African American, 2.4% Asian, 0.2% American Indian, 0.1% Pacific islander, 1.8% from other races, and 2.1% from two or more races. Those of Hispanic or Latino origin made up 4.0% of the population.[23] In terms of ancestry, 27.0% were German, 14.8% were American, 13.6% were Irish, and 9.7% were English.[25]

Butler County, Ohio - Wikipedia

Butler County’s worst month for drug overdoses in 2017 may be November

‘We’re not going to use Narcan’: Sheriff is second Butler County official to question overdose response

Perhaps its just the blacks and Hispanics that are using, but looking at the Demographics I doubt it.
Sounds like he is not doing his job, catching drug dealers.

The left doesn't control the schools. The GOP President Boosh sr passed the law restricting guns on campus, unless they are trained and certified to carry..

Yet he wont let his deputies carry Narcan, not their job.

It says that where?

How is it relevant?

Easy to find. Why doesn't' he do something about the drug dealers in his country, which has a lot of OD's.

2010 census[edit]

As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 368,130 people, 135,960 households, and 95,404 families residing in the county.[23] The population density was 788.2 inhabitants per square mile (304.3/km2). There were 148,273 housing units at an average density of 317.5 per square mile (122.6/km2).[24] The racial makeup of the county was 86.0% white, 7.3% black or African American, 2.4% Asian, 0.2% American Indian, 0.1% Pacific islander, 1.8% from other races, and 2.1% from two or more races. Those of Hispanic or Latino origin made up 4.0% of the population.[23] In terms of ancestry, 27.0% were German, 14.8% were American, 13.6% were Irish, and 9.7% were English.[25]

Butler County, Ohio - Wikipedia

Butler County’s worst month for drug overdoses in 2017 may be November

‘We’re not going to use Narcan’: Sheriff is second Butler County official to question overdose response

Perhaps its just the blacks and Hispanics that are using, but looking at the Demographics I doubt it.
Sounds like he is not doing his job, catching drug dealers.

Still no relevance.

Good for them. However, I choose not to bring a deadly weapon around my 3rd graders.

Arming teachers is not going to help.

I fear for the number of accidents that are going to occur with guns in the classroom. Teacher leaving safe unlocked. Forgetting to leave the safety on.

But these conservatives are hard headed and won't or care until a kid gets killed.

I believe strongly the taxpayers should pay for the firearm, ammo, training, and bonus for each teacher as well. At least 2 days per month minimum for training as well. Just giving one training does zero good. Small price to pay.

`
So he says. Hearsay. It wouldn't be the first time a LEO lied to the public about public events. Where's his proof? His word is not good enough. "Confirmation bias" tells me that all the members of the evangelical right, will immediately believe what he says without a stitch of evidence. He sound as loony as another right wing nut, ex-sheriff David Clake who getting sued in federal and state court.
`

Forum List

Back