Michael Cohen admits to all the crimes he was sentenced for, and he also admits Trump never asked him to pay Stormy Daniels any money...

It is conspiring to win an election, by recording personal legal expenses as personal legal expenses after the election was over.

It's all in the indictment, doncha know?

This is a double-misdemeanor in New York, which is a felony! :disbelief:
Of course that's totally wrong, as all the evidence shows it was a campaign expense. And that it was not for billed legal hours or retainer fees, as claimed in the false filings.

And Bragg has this guy as his prime witness. As I said a while ago, that is suborning perjury, which should never be permitted. And the hack judge will also permit suborning perjury, that is where we are in 2024.

No lawyer, whether prosecutor or defense counsel, civil or criminal, may knowingly present lies to a jury and then sit idly by while opposing counsel struggles to contain this pollution of the trial.” [ United States v. LaPage (9th Cir. 2000) 231 F3d 488, 492—criminal conviction overturned where prosecutor failed to correct prosecutorial testimony known to be false] (emphasis added)​

If what he claims can be backed up by evidence then his history as a liar doesn’t matter. Don’t believe a word he says, that’s fine but if there’s evidence to back it up then you can’t dismiss it.

If what he claims can be backed up by evidence then his history as a liar doesn’t matter. Don’t believe a word he says, that’s fine but if there’s evidence to back it up then you can’t dismiss it.
You obviously haven't been listening to the trial, Slade! I hate to break this to but Bragg doesn't HAVE evidence of a crime...he spent all day today talking about a tape that the judge has already said the jury won't be seeing because it has nothing to do with the charges that Bragg filed! So why is the prosecution wasting time doing that? It's because they don't HAVE anything even remotely resembling evidence of a crime!

Cohen is going to get DESTROYED on cross examination, Slade! Bragg is putting a man who's lied under oath on the stand in two different court rooms on the stand again and asking that people believe what he says now! Good luck with that!

Cohen is going to get DESTROYED on cross examination, Slade! Bragg is putting a man who's lied under oath on the stand in two different court rooms on the stand again and asking that people believe what he says now! Good luck with that!
I doubt it. I don’t trust Cohen as far as I can throw him. He can be shown as a liar all day. But if his claims can be backed up with documents or recordings then I don’t really need to trust him now do I.

I think it’s all pretty obvious anyways. Trump and his people paid off these women and tried to cover the trail.

Personally I think it’s a weak thing to make a spectacle out of. We all knew this before he got elected. I wish it were the classified docs or election interference cases. But NY is playing hardball and technically Trump and Co broke the rules. It’s nice to see his ego get checked a bit. It needs it.

I also wouldn’t mind the judge tossing him in a cell for a bit for continuously breaking the gag order and lying all over the airwaves day after day. He is a criminal defendant

You obviously haven't been listening to the trial, Slade! I hate to break this to but Bragg doesn't HAVE evidence of a crime...he spent all day today talking about a tape that the judge has already said the jury won't be seeing because it has nothing to do with the charges that Bragg filed! So why is the prosecution wasting time doing that? It's because they don't HAVE anything even remotely resembling evidence of a crime!
Because the Access Hollywood tape affects on his campaign was a Cat 5 Hurricane, the Stormy tryst had to be silenced before the election, so not to add to the negative press storm taking place.... is what they needed to emphasize, it appears....

I doubt it. I don’t trust Cohen as far as I can throw him. He can be shown as a liar all day. But if his claims can be backed up with documents or recordings then I don’t really need to trust him now do I.

I think it’s all pretty obvious anyways. Trump and his people paid off these women and tried to cover the trail.

Personally I think it’s a weak thing to make a spectacle out of. We all knew this before he got elected. I wish it were the classified docs or election interference cases. But NY is playing hardball and technically Trump and Co broke the rules. It’s nice to see his ego get checked a bit. It needs it.

I also wouldn’t mind the judge tossing him in a cell for a bit for continuously breaking the gag order and lying all over the airwaves day after day. He is a criminal defendant
I agree with everything except I disagree about the jail time though....just because something like that is martyrdom material, and also in the big picture, a small potato contempt charge is not worthy of arresting a former president, and yes, even if this former President is being disrespectful to the law....the appearance around the world of the USA would be diminished.

And it would also, postpone the trial...

Having to jail him for any felony conviction that he may get in the other more important alleged crimes, is going to be hard enough.... Guilty or treasonous Leaders aren't usually jailed, they are extradited to another country...who knows what will really happen here if guilty verdicts do come???

Judge Merchan is doing a good job controlling this trial and not having this trial turn in to a circus, and he's moving it along quite smoothly.... Both sides seem fairly happy....

And whT, someone here is supposed to convince you otherwise? Go pound sand. You are a liar, you have not followed the trial and know nothing about the charges or evidence.
I've followed the trial each and every day, Fort. If you're claiming that the prosecution has provided evidence that Trump committed a crime I'd love to hear what that evidence IS! I'm sorry but Alvin Bragg has no evidence of a crime. None. So prove me wrong...I dare you!

I agree with everything except I disagree about the jail time though....just because something like that is martyrdom material, and also in the big picture, a small potato contempt charge is not worthy of arresting a former president, and yes, even if this former President is being disrespectful to the law....the appearance around the world of the USA would be diminished.

And it would also, postpone the trial...

Having to jail him for any felony conviction that he may get in the other more important alleged crimes, is going to be hard enough.... Guilty or treasonous Leaders aren't usually jailed, they are extradited to another country...who knows what will really happen here if guilty verdicts do come???

Judge Merchan is doing a good job controlling this trial and not having this trial turn in to a circus, and he's moving it along quite smoothly.... Both sides seem fairly happy....
Both sides are "happy"? Did you seriously just make that claim, Care?

Because the Access Hollywood tape affects on his campaign was a Cat 5 Hurricane, the Stormy tryst had to be silenced before the election, so not to add to the negative press storm taking place.... is what they needed to emphasize, it appears....
The prosecution's own witness testified that what Trump was worried about was his wife finding out about the affairs, Care! Their own witness absolutely blew their case out of the water. That NDA wasn't about politics...it was about keeping his wife from kicking his ass!

Forum List

Back