Jan. 6th, The Law, and Nancy Pelosi's Dereliction of Duty

I never said Pelosi is in the National Guard chain of command. That is not the Speaker of the House's jurisdiction. The Capitol Building and grounds is the Speaker's jurisdiction.

The speaker, the legislative branch of government requests assistance from the executive branch which after receiving a request for assistance, then the president or whoever the president has delegated authority to can then deploy Federal Troops outside of the Executive branch's jurisdiction into the Legislative branches jurisdiction.
Did you know that if you can REQUEST assistance that is different from being able to REFUSE assistance?

You morons keep pretending they are the same

They are not

She's not on the org bord on the CP site.

The Command structure of the Capitol Police is Chief of CP, the CP Board
Sergeant at Arms of the U.S. House of Representatives
Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the U.S. Senate
Architect of the Capitol
Secy of the Army,
The President

Obviously. the Speaker can not do everything alone, hence the authority is delegated through committees and boards, that all report to the Speaker. The Capitol Police board is the Speaker's Congressional oversight, control, authority.

Where is this command structure you speak of. I have now shown the Capitol Police and the Capitol Police Board do not refer to the Secretary of the Army or the President.

Oversight​

The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is overseen by the Capitol Police Board and has Congressional oversight by appropriations and authorizing committees from the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate. This oversight affords the Department the support and opportunity to continually ensure that the USCP meets the safety and security needs of the Congress, the staff, and the many visitors who come to the United States Capitol each day.

the Majority leader of US senate has equivalent authority on such matters.
Which is only oversight and appointment of the sergeant at arms, one each for senate and house-of-reps.
But when it comes to security matters for the capitol, authority is delegated to the capitol police board, which is two two sergeant at arms, and the architect of the capitol which is appointed by the president.

To say that the speaker of the house is the highest ranking person in government is just simply stupid. Its a very influential position, but no more than the senate majority leader or the president in the executive branch.

the Majority leader of US senate has equivalent authority on such matters.
Which is only oversight and appointment of the sergeant at arms, one each for senate and house-of-reps.
But when it comes to security matters for the capitol, authority is delegated to the capitol police board, which is two two sergeant at arms, and the architect of the capitol which is appointed by the president.

To say that the speaker of the house is the highest ranking person in government is just simply stupid. Its a very influential position, but no more than the senate majority leader or the president in the executive branch.
Pelosi is Numero uno when it comes to the Peoples House.
That is why the Speaker of the House is Third in line to
the President.The *Senate Majority Leader ranks 4th in order
of Succession only in the absence of the V.P. who ranks 2nd.

* President Pro Tempore of the Senate.
I bet you can't off the cuff name the Current President Pro Tempore
of the Senate ...
Pally!

Pelosi is Numero uno when it comes to the Peoples House.
That is why the Speaker of the House is Third in line to
the President.The *Senate Majority Leader ranks 4th in order
of Succession only in the absence of the V.P. who ranks 2nd.

* President Pro Tempore of the Senate.
I bet you can't off the cuff name the Current President Pro Tempore
of the Senate ...
Pally!
the house is only half the capitol. The other half is the senate.
When it comes to capitol security, the capitol police board is in charge.

Does delegation of authority mean anything to you? Security is a specialized expertise, and requires people that focus on just that topic in order for it to be done correctly.

the house is only half the capitol. The other half is the senate.
When it comes to capitol security, the capitol police board is in charge.

Does delegation of authority mean anything to you? Security is a specialized expertise, and requires people that focus on just that topic in order for it to be done correctly.
Pelosi can hire and fire anyone any time in the Capitol Police.
No one in the Capitol Police is above Pelosi.
What part of that confounds you.

False.

The Capitol Police Board oversees the Capitol Police, not Nancy Pelosi, who isn't even the House Speaker anymore.

And the Capitol Police are responsible for the security of the Capitol building and grounds.

False.

The Capitol Police Board oversees the Capitol Police, not Nancy Pelosi, who isn't even the House Speaker anymore.

And the Capitol Police are responsible for the security of the Capitol building and grounds.
I am addressing this in regards to January 6th dimwits.
You make up things.Like a senile Peckerhead!.
Pelosi oversees those running the Capitol Police
w/o need of wearing a pistol or even being at the Capitol.
Perks of the Office of the Speaker.

I am addressing this in regards to January 6th dimwits.
You make up things.Like a senile Peckerhead!.
Pelosi oversees those running the Capitol Police
w/o need of wearing a pistol or even being at the Capitol.
Perks of the Office of the Speaker.

:cuckoo:

No one in the Capitol Police is above Pelosi.
What part of that confounds you.
that is incorrect. The capitol police chief does the management of capitol police officers.
The speaker of the house has much on their plate to be concerned with such details.
Do you think Mike Johnson today is doing such tasks with the capitol police? he doesnt have time or the inclination. Thats why authority is given the the capitol police board. Its called delegation of authority.

that is incorrect. The capitol police chief does the management of capitol police officers.
The speaker of the house has much on their plate to be concerned with such details.
Do you think Mike Johnson today is doing such tasks with the capitol police? he doesnt have time or the inclination. Thats why authority is given the the capitol police board. Its called delegation of authority.
Coulda ... shoulda ... woulda .... think twice about bein''
a speaker.Where a Speaker of the House has one job
responsibility.To manage or be the boss of the House in
Congress.Also divide time in other tasks much less
publicized like oversees the Capitol Police.Which does not
in any way lessen her role as In Charge of the Capitol Police.
The House sergeant-at-arms { On Insurrections day was
Paul Irving.}After the attack Irving resigned as did former
Senate sergeant-at-arms Michael Stenger and also Police
Chief Steven Sund.
For proper insight " minutes after protestors had burst
through the barricades and began using the steel debris to
to assualt the officers, Sund asked Irving for help from
the National Guard.

Coulda ... shoulda ... woulda .... think twice about bein''
a speaker.Where a Speaker of the House has one job
responsibility.To manage or be the boss of the House in
Congress.Also divide time in other tasks much less
publicized like oversees the Capitol Police.Which does not
in any way lessen her role as In Charge of the Capitol Police.
The House sergeant-at-arms { On Insurrections day was
Paul Irving.}After the attack Irving resigned as did former
Senate sergeant-at-arms Michael Stenger and also Police
Chief Steven Sund.
For proper insight " minutes after protestors had burst
through the barricades and began using the steel debris to
to assualt the officers, Sund asked Irving for help from
the National Guard.
correct. Sund requested national guard repeatedly from the capitol police board, but was denied until the actual violence upon the capitol was occurring. This is a failure of Paul Irving & Michael Stenger, yes. But no one anticipated the president sending a violent mob to the capitol. They should have, and it was a failure of the FBI as well. But a failure of the speaker of the house? not really.

correct. Sund requested national guard repeatedly from the capitol police board, but was denied until the actual violence upon the capitol was occurring. This is a failure of Paul Irving & Michael Stenger, yes. But no one anticipated the president sending a violent mob to the capitol. They should have, and it was a failure of the FBI as well. But a failure of the speaker of the house? not really.

You raise a good point. There are idiots on here claiming Pelosi was in charge of Capitol security but not only could she not fire Irving or Sund, she couldn't even pressure Stenger to resign because he was a member of the Senate. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell did that.

You raise a good point. There are idiots on here claiming Pelosi was in charge of Capitol security but not only could she not fire Irving or Sund, she couldn't even pressure Stenger to resign because he was a member of the Senate. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell did that.
what makes you think pelosi could not fire Sund

what makes you think pelosi could not fire Sund

She would have if she could have. Nothing anywhere says she was in charge of the Capitol Police. And I note, you're ignoring the elephant in the room... she wasn't the one to put pressure on Stenger resigning because she had no authority over the Senate.

Obviously. the Speaker can not do everything alone, hence the authority is delegated through committees and boards, that all report to the Speaker. The Capitol Police board is the Speaker's Congressional oversight, control, authority.

Where is this command structure you speak of. I have now shown the Capitol Police and the Capitol Police Board do not refer to the Secretary of the Army or the President.

Oversight​

The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is overseen by the Capitol Police Board and has Congressional oversight by appropriations and authorizing committees from the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate. This oversight affords the Department the support and opportunity to continually ensure that the USCP meets the safety and security needs of the Congress, the staff, and the many visitors who come to the United States Capitol each day.

She has no command authority. She is not in the command hierarchy.

Congress has legislative oversight, that's it.

Your screenshots prove nothing and you misinterpret your links.

Deal with it.

You just can't handle the fact that Trump is a criminal pervert, and he is your nominee. I can't help that.

Your command structure is incomplete and misleading. It does not come from the Capitol Police website or any law, precedent, practice or house rule.

Here is the Capitol Police site. Notice it states Congressional oversight, that is the Speaker of the House and the committees the Speaker oversees.

Oversight

Congress has legislative oversight over a lot of things, including the exec and judicial branches, but no command authority over those departments.

No command authority, do you understand? That means they do not direct the departments over which they have oversight.

"Oversight" means they conduct hearings, OCCASIONALY for legislation pertaining to departments over which they have oversight.

LEGISLATION has NOTHING TO DO WITH COMMAND AUTHORITY

Do you understand the difference?

Tell me you are not that stupid.

Say it isn't so.

I responded to your post where you claim the command authority over the CP belongs to someone else. Can you quote the specific law?

Further, it is much more than a specific law. The following is needed;

Statutes (which are the laws and codes, finalized)
Precedents, which are extremely relevant and referenced by Congress
The House Rules
The House Practices
The Standard Operating Procedure of the Capitol Police (classified and not available)
The Emergency Plan to Protect the Capitol (classified and not available)

Later I again, quote and link to the laws and precedents. The House rules and practices. They are all in my thread, linked and quoted. I can link and quote again, but I have other work I must attend to.

Until then, you need a specific law quoted? Then how about in kind, do what you request, and quote the specific law that validates your assertion that I am wrong. Either way I will return an answer, again.

Call the CP chief yourself. Maybe if he tells you, you'll finally get it.

Forum List

Back