How Do You Feel About The Phrase "Death to America?"

If somebody shouted fire in a movie theater, would that be considered freedom of speech?

Then why didn't this thread get locked or put in the Badlands? Perhaps it's considered bait but not the same kind of bait that's used to taunt somebody. It's more the kind of bait where if you don't come right out and say that there's something wrong about people shouting death to America then people are going to start asking questions.
Maybe that's where it needs to be.

I personally believe that it's a threat. I also believe that when you ask a liberal if they believe in it and they don't answer your question that it's an immediate red flag.
If an individual or group are chanting "Death to America," that is their Constitutional right under the First Amendment. That said, they should be considered an enemy of the United States. Once they cross the line of free speech and instead incite individuals or groups to commit violence against the United States (and personally, I believe attacking our law enforcement comes under that umbrella), they have crossed a line into the crime of incitement and sedition and/or treason, and should be tried in federal court for such.

Last edited:
I wouldnt piss on those that Chant it if they were on fire.

Dont like it here...carry your happy ass back to the Sand box.

PS. Take as many hard core leftist with you. Thanks

If an individual or group are chanting "Death to America," that is their Constitutional right under the First Amendment. That said, they should be considered an enemy of the United States. Once they cross the line of free speech and instead incite individuals or groups to commit violence against the United States (and personally, I believe attacking our law enforcement comes under that umbrella), they have crossed a line into the crime of incitement and sedition and/or treason should be tried in federal court for such.

I completely get where you're coming from but the problem is that how do you know whether or not that they're just using free speech or if it's a true threat and they intend to incite violence?

If somebody shouted fire in a movie theater, would that be considered freedom of speech?
It would not, and do you know why?

If you do, how exactly would you relate that to guy “chanting death to America”?

Then why didn't this thread get locked or put in the Badlands? Perhaps it's considered bait but not the same kind of bait that's used to taunt somebody. It's more the kind of bait where if you don't come right out and say that there's something wrong about people shouting death to America then people are going to start asking questions.
It is the kind of bait that isn’t asking for a genuine discussion as much as it is “calling out” leftists who might not agree with your opinion that it is a threat, by stating that is a “red flag” (but only if it is a leftist).

Here is what I regard as a threat:
drug cartels
drunk drivers
seriously bad potholes
sharks
a toddler with a loaded gun

Not some folks exercising their free speech rights. Even jerks have that right.

So there you have it. Your “leftist red flag”.

It's starting a panic.

How? Have you seen anyone panicking?

It's like waving a gun fake or not and expecting the police not to shoot you.
A fake gun is potentially a dangerous weapon. How is that equivalent to a group of protesters chanting death to America? The message is noxious, bur hardly dangerous. So, you said you think they should be shot?

What other dangerous words would you shut down?

Whenever ya feel skippy Troll.

Tell me about Allegence to the U.S. in the Citizenship pledge??

They take an OATH.Death to America is pretty much a violation of that OATH.

If we were screaming death to democrats on here it would be a whole different ballgame. The police would probably track us down and arrest us.

How? Have you seen anyone panicking?

A fake gun is potentially a dangerous weapon. How is that equivalent to a group of protesters chanting death to America? The message is noxious, bur hardly dangerous. So, you said you think they should be shot?

What other dangerous words would you shut down?

You don't seem to get the danger part so it's sort of pointless continuing on because I don't know how else to explain it.

If we were screaming death to democrats on here it would be a whole different ballgame. The police would probably track us down and arrest us.

You don't seem to get the danger part so it's sort of pointless continuing on because I don't know how else to explain it.
Right Winger just slinging out trolls for his daily jollies.

Right Winger just slinging out trolls for his daily jollies.

I know but isn't it true? First we would probably get perma-banned and then go to jail after being considered a threat but when democrats do it it's all fine and dandy. 🙄

Don’t really give a hoot, people are entitled to their opinions. Just as people are entitled to respond back. It’s called free speech.

There is a lot worse going on around the world than a handful of people marching around chanting “death to America”. What this really is is an attempted rightwing litmus test to gin up outrage and as such it is a flop.

There are a lot of real threats…this is not one one of them. Just like the Westboro Baptists aren’t, and any number of noxious groups venting their sp,even.
It isnt the rightwing that is indoctrinating these stupid punks into hating their own country, you stupid twit.

Forum List

Back