Zone1 For those of the Jewish faith - Exodus Question

At this point Netanyahu smiled and said, "you are correct, now let us start our meeting."

sadly they convey such a dishonest accord (midrasha) - two peas in a pod.

- and their clothes, ozro where were they found after swimming in the stained parted waters of death - taken by the ghosts.

It's pointless for a Jew and a xitian to discuss religious doctrine as there is no common point of reference.

all three desert religions have similarities - the false 10 commandments - are certainly their deliberate common point of reference.

I think it is about time to move them on again (Exodus 2.0) and ideally back to Khazaria ( Ukraine) which is where most originally came from .
Then Dear Uncle Volodya can keep an eye on them and move them out of banking and into farming .
They will have lost the banks anyhow as BRICS squeezes the life out of them .
Simples .

. Please help me find what I am missing. I'd truly appreciate it.

Remember…..there were 600,000 Jews who escaped, and that’s a LOT of gold jewelry to melt down.

600,000 able bodied men , plus wives, parents, children and siblings. Plus, their livestock. So... 2 and a half million people ... and 25 million goats, donkeys and oxen. It's pretty fantastic..

I was wondering if that might the case as well. Considering they did have gold and silver, perhaps they bought some from tribes they may have met along the way? I know little about deserts,, and absolutely nothing about the Sinai desert of either this time or at that time.

Sinai has a population of about 800,000. Very limited pasture and water.

Back then it was ruled by Egypt. The Canaanite cities were prosperous and paid tribute to Pharaoh. They were guarded by Egyptian garrisons.

(Books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy)

I am trying to understand the timeline and what happened when.

When the Hebrews fled Egypt they left in haste. During that first year they were complaining about having nothing to eat and God sent manna and quail. Isn't this also the year that Moses left them for Sinai and the Ten Commandments? He came back down and found them worshiping a golden calf.

How did slaves in Egypt have that much gold to make the golden calf, and then later that year have enough gold to overlay all that was in the Tabernacle? Finally at the beginning of the next year, when the Tabernacle was dedicated, the tribes, in total, gave twelve silver plates, twelve silver basins each filled with fine flour mixed with oil, twelve gold cups filled with incense, twelve young bulls, twelve rams, twelve yearling lambs, twelve goats, twenty-four oxen, and then twenty-four oxen, sixty more rams, sixty more goats, sixty more yearling lambs.

I am trying to keep the story straight in my own mind, and I haven't been able to find an explanation for all this bounty. Please help me find what I am missing. I'd truly appreciate it.
good qwuestions!

(Books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy)

I am trying to understand the timeline and what happened when.

When the Hebrews fled Egypt they left in haste. During that first year they were complaining about having nothing to eat and God sent manna and quail. Isn't this also the year that Moses left them for Sinai and the Ten Commandments? He came back down and found them worshiping a golden calf.

How did slaves in Egypt have that much gold to make the golden calf, and then later that year have enough gold to overlay all that was in the Tabernacle? Finally at the beginning of the next year, when the Tabernacle was dedicated, the tribes, in total, gave twelve silver plates, twelve silver basins each filled with fine flour mixed with oil, twelve gold cups filled with incense, twelve young bulls, twelve rams, twelve yearling lambs, twelve goats, twenty-four oxen, and then twenty-four oxen, sixty more rams, sixty more goats, sixty more yearling lambs.

I am trying to keep the story straight in my own mind, and I haven't been able to find an explanation for all this bounty. Please help me find what I am missing. I'd truly appreciate it.

In my humble opinion - the Hebrews were lacking "Spiritual Food" - hence the "Manna" sent from heaven.

Later on, Moses came back down to see that they no longer were "eating the Spiritual Food" sent from heaven but worshiping a "Golden Calf" (Material objects).

In my humble opinion - the Hebrews were lacking "Spiritual Food" - hence the "Manna" sent from heaven.

Later on, Moses came back down to see that they no longer were "eating the Spiritual Food" sent from heaven but worshiping a "Golden Calf" (Material objects).
That's a tremendous thought to consider! I like.

oh,

This Calf was chosen because it symbolized the courageous heart, great strength, and fighting spirit ...

hardly a threat to the heavens - though, more so to moses who was envious, lost his composure and selfishly destroyed tablets they claimed were etched in the heavens ... that was a lie.

moral of the story - - don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

600,000 able bodied men , plus wives, parents, children and siblings. Plus, their livestock. So... 2 and a half million people ... and 25 million goats, donkeys and oxen. It's pretty fantastic..
The 600,000 number hinges on the definition of the word alef. 600 alefs. It can mean thousand, or it can mean a military unit of 10. So it could be 6,000 men, plus wives, kids, closer to 30,000 than 3 million.

The 600,000 number hinges on the definition of the word alef. 600 alefs. It can mean thousand, or it can mean a military unit of 10. So it could be 6,000 men, plus wives, kids, closer to 30,000 than 3 million.

Thanks.

The only "True" God is the one you personally believe in.
That one feels their God is superior to anyone else's basically proves this.
I will decide in the morning which God I choose to worship for tomorrow...or if I'll even accept the notion.

Personally, I would take a WAG that the vast majority of humans and their popular religions have it all wrong.
And that if they knew the "truth", they could not handle it....or even recognize it.

Forum List

Back