Florida is swamped by disease outbreaks as quackery replaces science

I support vaccine choice. I have had about a billion of them, but totally respect those who chose differently. I was more broadly supportive of the mandates until that HPV vax came along and was mandated. It didn't take long until it seemed like everybody in my extended friend network across the state knew of someone, usually a healthy athletic girl, who had a severe reaction to it that wrecked their world.
You must live in one of these states, Just three states, Rhode Island, Virginia, and Hawaii, as well as Washington, D.C., currently require student vaccination against HPV for sixth or seventh graders.

Measles used to be a rite of passage. They used to have measles parties so all the kids could get it over with. Lifetime immunity afterwards. They didn't talk about measle as some dangerous and deadly virus until the vaccine was available.

Sounds like people expect the measles vaccine to prevent measles? Is that definition of vaccine coming back in style now?

So why are "measles parties" a bad idea?​

"Because vaccines have been so effective at preventing previously widespread diseases, we tend to forget that measles and other childhood diseases can be very serious," said CBS2's Dr. Max Gomez. "Why would you purposely expose your child to measles, causing them to feel awful, run a high fever (which can lead to seizures), risk expensive hospitalization and other potentially serious complications when a simple vaccine can prevent all that?"

"Plus, there's the chance that an infected person could transmit measles to an immuno-compromised person (cancer, HIV, other chronic diseases) who could get very sick and even die," he said. "That's not being a responsible member of the community."

But now, with an entirely preventable outbreak of measles spreading across Florida, medical experts are questioning if quackery really has become official health policy in the nation’s third most-populous state.

As the highly contagious disease raged in a Broward county elementary school, Ladapo, a politically appointed acolyte of Florida’s far-right governor Ron DeSantis, wrote to parents telling them it was perfectly fine for parents to continue to send in their unvaccinated children.

This is what happens when you appoint political stooges to important positions. How many people will this cretin kill before they sack him ?
Yep. And everyone saw it coming.

Geez, growing up we had 6 cases ain our house alone. Absolutely zero news coverage.

This world is full bore weenie
If people don't give a shit about their health, why should an outbreak of anything be news?

Measles clears up in a few days .

BUT get the vaccines and you might enjoy real illness .
Make sure your kids have the opportunity to try these vaccines and experience the range of side effects .
Later they can move to Covid vaccines and really dice with death

Measles Vaccine side effects
Hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
But do enjoy

• high fever;
  • easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;
  • severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
  • seizure (convulsions);
  • weakness, numbness or tingly feeling in your feet and spreading upward;
  • problems with hearing or vision;
  • problems with eye movement, speech, swallowing, or bladder and bowel functions;
  • severe lower back pain; or
  • slow heart rate, trouble breathing, feeling like you might pass out.
Less serious side effects include:

• redness, burning, stinging, swelling, blistering, or hives where the shot was given;
  • headache, dizziness;
  • feeling irritable;
  • fussiness, excessive crying;
  • low fever, cough, runny nose;
  • joint or muscle pain; or
  • nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
Side effects is the new "glory hole" for doctors (a little gold mining term there).

I know. When the flu vaccine first came out in the 1970s a lot of conservatives believed it was a government plot.
It was a plot by doctors. Any vaccine depresses your immune system. What they're telling us is that their medicine is superior to our immune system. That said we need the vaccines because we don't give a shit about our immune system. :omg:

You prove my point. Thank you.

No, this proves your point is bullshit.

Building a Narrative, Measles Edition

By the way, the outbreak in Florida was caused by an unvaccinated toddler (who wasn't of the age to be expected to be vaccinated yet) who brought the disease from OUTSIDE the United States. No word if it was from travel back and forth, or whether this was a "new resident," as they say. 7 cases in total.

Not exactly an epidemic. And that is because Florida has a 92% vaccination rate for Measles--within 1% of the US average.

USA Today, in a different story, provides a nice graph of Measles cases in the US in recent years. 2024 doesn't even stand out, despite the dark tones and finger-pointing at Ladopo.

I don't know about you guys but I trust and get my health information from doctors and immunologists and not online blogs like hotair. But you do you..

I don't know about you guys but I trust and get my health information from doctors and immunologists and not online blogs like hotair. But you do you..
And they will tell you to vaccinate your children.

Hot Air is reporting on what happens when you don't listen to your doctor.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back