Zogby - Dem Congress Rating Worst Ever

red states rule

May 30, 2006
More proof the Dem's are tanking - big time

President's rating mostly stable since start of year; Just 14% give the new Dem Congress a positive rating—nine points below GOP Congress last October

While Bush’s job approval rating has stabilized, opinion of the work Congress is doing continues to plummet. The Zogby poll shows just 14% give Congress positive marks, while 83% give it negative marks – this in the wake of an acrimonious scrimmage over immigration reform that failed to pass muster in the Senate and died, experts have said, until after the 2008 presidential election.

A Zogby Interactive survey in the midst of the wrangling over that bill showed Congress’ job approval rating specifically in its handling of immigration reform stood at just 3%, while Bush’s rating on the same subject stood at 9%.

The Democratic Congress gets poor marks across the ideological spectrum – just 21% of liberals and 10% of the very liberal give it positive marks, while 14% of conservatives and 14% of the very conservative give it positive ratings. Among Democrats, just 19% give Congress positive marks, compared to 13% of Republicans and 8% of political independents.

By way of comparison, the Republican Congress had a 23% positive job approval rating last October, just a week before voters tossed the GOP out of their leadership posts in both houses.

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1339

Dems are moving to the left and their poll numbers are moving south

What a great combination for the 08 elections

You understand that this poll does measure Democrats, it measures Congress. The Democrats having a slim majority is irrelevant; Republicans had similar numbers when they were in charge of Congress.

The people dislike Congress, across the board. Get it?

RGS seems to think that they moved rightward with all of the conservatives elected in '06. But he would never disagree with you rsr...you two are best buddies <3.

RGS seems to think that they moved rightward with all of the conservatives elected in '06. But he would never disagree with you rsr...you two are best buddies <3.

Talk about moronic drivel. You deny that the dems even ran conservatives or seem to. Tell me bright boy? Would the dems have won all those seats the so called conservative dems won if they had run liberals instead?

Talk about moronic drivel. You deny that the dems even ran conservatives or seem to. Tell me bright boy? Would the dems have won all those seats the so called conservative dems won if they had run liberals instead?

The Dems will find a way to blame it on President Bush, I'm surprised they haven't already. They balme everything on him, hell if it rains outside they blame it on him, when they idolize a President who had numerous affairs, turned his back on terrorists and Bin Laden when they attacked out Navy Vessels and our embassies, Crashed out stockmarket and killed the economy. Go Figure.

LOL, I meant "Republicans had similar numbers when they were in charge of Congress." rather than my typo you quoted of "Congress had similar numbers when they were in charge of Congress."

But I think you got what I meant despite my typo =)

Not even. These are the worst ratings that Congress has ever had.

You understand that this poll does measure Democrats, it measures Congress. The Democrats having a slim majority is irrelevant; Republicans had similar numbers when they were in charge of Congress.

The people dislike Congress, across the board. Get it?

"The Democratic Congress gets poor marks across the ideological spectrum &#8211; just 21&#37; of liberals and 10% of the very liberal give it positive marks, while 14% of conservatives and 14% of the very conservative give it positive ratings. Among Democrats, just 19% give Congress positive marks, compared to 13% of Republicans and 8% of political independents."

That paragraph sums it up JW. Dems are falling faster and further then the Republicans did before the 06 election

The voters are starting to see how Dems played them for suckers

"The Democratic Congress gets poor marks across the ideological spectrum – just 21% of liberals and 10% of the very liberal give it positive marks, while 14% of conservatives and 14% of the very conservative give it positive ratings. Among Democrats, just 19% give Congress positive marks, compared to 13% of Republicans and 8% of political independents."

That paragraph sums it up JW. Dems are falling faster and further then the Republicans did before the 06 election

That paragraph does not even come CLOSE to summing up what you state in your point at the bottom.

The voters are starting to see how Dems played them for suckers

wouldn't the republicans in congress now be polling higher and constantly increasing their LEAD if that were the case? In fact, they continue to poll 10% BEHIND the democrats poll after poll after poll. It would appear that the voters are not seeing what you are seeing.

wouldn't the republicans in congress now be polling higher and constantly increasing their LEAD if that were the case? In fact, they continue to poll 10% BEHIND the democrats poll after poll after poll. It would appear that the voters are not seeing what you are seeing.

What dont you understand...

The American public is sick of ALL of them...

The people dont care what party they are...

Not even. These are the worst ratings that Congress has ever had.

Wrong.

The American people made clear the direction they want for the war in Iraq with the only poll that really matters: the last election.

Remember how Republicans used to have the majority? They don't anymore. That should tell you something.

if that were the case, wouldn't their ratings be identical?

:rofl:

I don't think he means that people look at all politicians with identical hate right now. It's just that in general, the American people don't trust Congress, across the board, whether it's a Republican or a Democrat.

I simply cant vote for a liberal candidate. They dont represent my values, of pro-life, pro-police, pro-military. Granted, bush has not done a good job on a multitude of levels, but he is not up for election, and I trust a republican to stand up to evil, while a liberal more likely to appease them.

Forum List

Back