Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Cain - 38%
Romney - 18%
Perry and Paul - 12%
Huntsman - 4
Bachmann (how she has fallen to insignificant) - 3%
Santorum - 1%

The only one beating Obama head to head is CAIN!!!

Only negative: Paul has moved into a tie for 3rd!

IBOPE | Zogby IBOPE Zogby Poll: Cain Expands Lead Over GOP Field & Leads Obama, 46%-44%
Herman Cain has opened up a 20 percentage point lead among likely Republican primary voters in the race for the Presidential nomination, and also holds a narrow lead among all likely voters over President Barack Obama.

Cains share of the GOP primary has jumped 10 percentage points since Sept. 26 and is now at 38%. Mitt Romney is second with 18%, followed by both Rick Perry and Ron Paul, at 12% each.

The Oct. 3-5 IBOPE Zogby interactive poll also matches Cain, Romney and Perry against Obama. Cain led Obama, 46%-44%, while Obama is one-point ahead of Romney, 41%-40%, and leads Perry, 45%-40%.

The Cowboys had a 24 point lead last Sunday. How'd that turn out?

The trouble is, it is still way early, and republican voters have been very fickle these last six months. What happened to Palin? Bachman? Paul? Perry? Trump? They all had huge leads at one time.

The voters are going to continue to be fickle for the next several months. The story begins in February.

But right now I am on the Cain bandwagon myself.

He has no money.

Say what? I thought Cain had millions of dollars in his name?

Well yes. Do you think he wants to spend his own money? He would be running against about a billion dollar campaign with Obama. He needs a LOT more money and way more support.

The obvious choice is Romney but he spends a lot of his own loot too. It does look bleak for Rs again this year. Of course they could squeak by in the House if they'd only do something productive.

But wait......this is impossible! Republicans and Tea Partiers are raaaaaaacists!!! How could they favor a negro?

^ And here's why.

On cue. :lol:

Swallow, please don't tell me that you didn't watch the most recent Bill Mahar show on HBO? The question actually came up if Cain was for real or was he just being trotted out so the conservatives could use him to "prove" they weren't racist. Buddy, it isn't us who have a problem, it's you guys trying to spread a lie and hoping it will stick. It was actually Real Time that prompted me to post this. It's so dumb it's laughable.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that poll. It appears to be an unscientific interactive poll.

For example, it had Bachmann at 34% and leading in the polls in summer.

All it does is show that Cain is now the flavor of the month for the Anybody-But-Romney crowd.

Sure thing, scooby and doo. Sure thing.

Putting up Cain as a Candidate would be both a cynical and ridiculous attempt to muck up the race for President by the Republicans.

Muck it up? How exactly? The people pick the candidate. Your comment implies that people voting for Cain only have personal & selfish motives. Thats a bit presumptious if you ask me.

Sure thing, scooby and doo. Sure thing.

Putting up Cain as a Candidate would be both a cynical and ridiculous attempt to muck up the race for President by the Republicans.

Muck it up? How exactly? The people pick the candidate. Your comment implies that people voting for Cain only have personal & selfish motives. Thats a bit presumptious if you ask me.

Well here goes. Cain would split the Republican vote. There are some people that just won't vote for a black person. And many (not all) are Republicans. It's the same with Romney and is Mormonism to a lessor extent but not quite.

It also allows Republicans and specifically the Tea Party to combat the "racism" charge without having to actually put a black guy into power. But if he wins, no problem. Aside from his skin color he basically shares their views.

But he's really got no shot. So it's a win-win. Even more so because they can squash the racism charge even further by pointing out that their guy was "more black" because both his parents are black.

Forum List

Back