Zogby - 10/30/08 - Obama +7

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Obama takes 7-point lead on McCain | Politics | Reuters

On Sunday, McCain kept mentioning Zogby.

I wonder if he regrets doing that now.

Honestly, Zogby is still all over the place. There is absolutely no consistency to his polls. But, to be fair, I haven't seen any consistency in any of the polls except Pew which has given Obama a 15 point lead for the past month. Even Rasmussen has been all over the map as of late.

I also am starting to see another trend.

Whenever Drudge posts a poll on his website (i.e. SHOCK poll), that poll usually rebounds for Obama in the next couple of days.

I wonder...

Last edited:
Obama takes 7-point lead on McCain | Politics | Reuters

On Sunday, McCain kept mentioning Zogby.

I wonder if he regrets doing that now.

Honestly, Zogby is still all over the place. There is absolutely no consistency to his polls. But, to be fair, I haven't seen any consistency in any of the polls except Pew which has given Obama a 15 point lead for the past month. Even Rasmussen has been all over the map as of late.

I also am starting to see another trend.

Whenever Drudge posts a poll on his website (i.e. SHOCK poll), that poll usually rebounds for Obama in the next couple of days.

I wonder...

Like I showed you in another thread polls are highly unreliable. All you have to do is look to the primaries....

The consistency is that Obama is winning... whether it's by 3 or 13, Obama is winning.

Word.

Regardless of what they say, they are looking at these polls and the electoral map and the McCain supporters are quaking in their boots.

Like I showed you in another thread polls are highly unreliable. All you have to do is look to the primaries....

If the polls were reversed there would be a whole lot of nonbelievers who would suddenly find Jesus ...

The consistency is that Obama is winning... whether it's by 3 or 13, Obama is winning.

He isn't winning anything yet, they don't start certifying votes until November 4th....

Besides the fact he was "winning" in a lot of polls in different primary contests and wound up losing the primary contests by a pretty large margin.

This is how bad its gotten for McCain and his failure of a campaign, Arizona according to recent polls is now a tossup.

Sen. John McCain's once-comfortable lead in Arizona has all but evaporated, according to a new poll that has the underdog Republican presidential candidate struggling in his own backyard.

With less than a week until Election Day, McCain is leading his Democratic rival, Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, by 2 points, 46 to 44, down from a 7-point lead a month ago and a double-digit lead this summer, according to a poll from Arizona State University.

Factor in the 3-percentage point margin of error, and a race that was once a nearly sure thing for McCain is now a toss-up, pollsters say.

This is how bad its gotten for McCain and his failure of a campaign, Arizona according to recent polls is now a tossup.

[/B]

You're completely missing the point. McCain is running under the platform of the underdog. Every loves the underdogs in the movie and in sports. It's a shame they can't be that way on stuff that matters.

It's the...eye of the tiger and the thrill of the fight.

You're completely missing the point. McCain is running under the platform of the underdog. Every loves the underdogs in the movie and in sports. It's a shame they can't be that way on stuff that matters.

really?? Sen.Clinton made the same Rocky comparison, just like Rocky she lost.. McCain said in the 2000 primaries he had Bush right where he wanted him, shortly after Bush blew him out of the water. McCains hopes are dead in the water, soon he will face reality. president elect Barack Obama!

you WILL let us know when they stop over sampling democrats, right?

You're talking about two different models.

Expanded and traditional.

Expanded uses the information that there are MORE registered Democrats than there are Republicans. So the model goes by that. Gallup expanded is a perfect example.

The traditional model, like Zogby, uses the same amount of Democrats and Republicans.

Now are you going to read this and understand that there are more registered Democrats than there are Republicans being the reason why they sample more Democrats than Republicans or are you going to keep beating off to the same complaint over and over again?

IBD uses a 5-day average and uses a very small sample size, 894 likely voters. GWU/Battleground and IPoss/McCarthy also use a small sample size of less than 1000 voters and 5-day average.

Every other daily tracking poll uses a 3-day average and a much larger sample size.

IBD also is biased against Obama. They've had anti-Obama ads and articles all over their website.

He isn't winning anything yet, they don't start certifying votes until November 4th....

Besides the fact he was "winning" in a lot of polls in different primary contests and wound up losing the primary contests by a pretty large margin.

*sigh*

Karl Rove even is showing Obama winning. Welcome :: Karl Rove

It's over, man.

People may love the story of an underdog, but people hate receiving robocalls. The RNC doesn't have a great deal of money and they're losing a lot of money to try and fight for house and senate seats so the democrats don't have 60 seats in the senate. For them to be spending money on robocalls for mccain in arizona AND montana this late in the game, is very telling.

New Topics

Forum List

Back