Zip Tie Guy Might Be Prime Candidate for Exceedingly Rare Sedition Charge, Prosecutors Reveal

Is that the same guy that brought his mother to the insurrection and was videoed with her a few feet away in the gallery of the Senate? I do not know what the story is there. Does he live in her basement and just could not leave her alone, so he brought her to a violent attempt at overthrowing the government?

She wasn't there to riot or loot. She was there because her baby forgot his lunch and Even Insurrectionists and Terrorists need to have a well balanced noon meal.

I doubt they were still living with their mom. What does that have to do with anything.
He should not have been storming the Capital Building in the first place, whether still living with his mother and bringing her to the insurrection or not. Now he is up on Federal charges and says he was there because then president trump sent him there. He appears to be right, but that does not justify taking part in insurrection against the government, even if incited by the president. It just isn't right.

Your Brown Shirts shouldn't have torn down the White House fence in July and tried to kill the president, but you didn't mind that at all.
Their's is always the righteous cause.

Is that the same guy that brought his mother to the insurrection and was videoed with her a few feet away in the gallery of the Senate? I do not know what the story is there. Does he live in her basement and just could not leave her alone, so he brought her to a violent attempt at overthrowing the government?

She wasn't there to riot or loot. She was there because her baby forgot his lunch and Even Insurrectionists and Terrorists need to have a well balanced noon meal.
Why are you guys so scared? 99% of all the insurrection by your words, is you.

They were going to overthrow the entire federal government with zip ties?
I guess you've never seen the hi capacity zip ties.:cool:

Assault zip ties.

I guess you've never seen the hi capacity zip ties.:cool:

Assault zip ties.
I'm sure that thought amuses the US attorney....along with the 20 years that sedition carries.~

I'm sure that thought amuses the US attorney....along with the 20 years that sedition carries.~

Sedition my ass. It was trespassing at worst. You Nazis are attacking the right of Americans to protest.
Do you usually bust out doors and window, beat cops to death and chase guards of 2 flights of stairs when you trespass? Looked more like an assault on the capital to me.

Well this is new...a real sedition charge? A boy and his Mom..bonding over a riot and some heavy weapons...too funny..and yet...this may end their lives as they know them..forever!
AKA'''.play stupid games, win stupid prizes. the govt. appears ready to charge some rioters en masse---make an example of them.

During the course of the whirlwind days when the so-called “zip tie guy” from the U.S. Capitol insurrection was ordered released by one judge on Friday—only to be kept behind bars by another on Sunday—a quiet revelation hitting his case’s docket barely received notice. Federal prosecutors disclosed that more serious charges against Eric Gavelek Munchel may be imminent, including an exceedingly rare sedition charges.

“The evidence amassed so far subjects the defendant to felonies beyond that with which he has been charged so far, including obstructing Congress, interstate travel in furtherance of rioting activity, sedition, and other offenses,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Ahmet Baset on Sunday, referring to Munch. “These offenses carry substantial penalties, which incentivizes flight and evading law enforcement—a thought that the defendant already appears to have contemplated by virtue of avoiding his residence and workplace, terminating his Facebook account, and leaving his cell phone with an associate.”

That warning helped persuade Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell, from the District of D.C., to block a magistrate’s order that would have had Munchel await trial inside the home of his second mother.

Munchel’s first mother allegedly rioted with him and brought an enormous stash of weapons to the Capitol—but not inside it.
“We’re going straight to federal prison if we go in there with weapons,” that mother, Lisa Eisenhart, could be heard saying in a video from the siege, according to prosecutors.

Since seditious conspiracy charges require two or more people to oppose the authority of the United States, CNN legal analyst Jennifer Rodgers—a former federal prosecutor in the Southern District of New York—believed Munchel’s machinations with his mother may have helped spark more serious charges against him.

“I think it’s a huge development,” Rodgers told Law&Crime in a phone interview. “If they charge this guy and presumably his mother with seditious conspiracy, then that means they’re open to doing that in other cases, too.”
The recent legal brief seeking Munchel’s continued detention gives a previously undisclosed birds-eye view of the threat authorities faced on Jan. 6.

“In the course of the insurrection, approximately 81 Capitol Police and 58 MPD officers were assaulted, including one Capitol Police officer who died,” prosecutors wrote, abbreviating the name of Washington, D.C.’s Metropolitan Police Department. “Additionally, four citizens died; many media members were assaulted and had cameras and other news gathering equipment destroyed; and the Capitol suffered substantial damage—including broken windows and doors, graffiti, and residue of various pepper sprays, tear gas, and fire extinguishers deployed both by insurgents who stormed the Capitol and by Capitol Police officers trying to restore order.”
Given the 139 assaulted law enforcement officers, and the widespread evidence of coordination, Rodgers predicted that any sedition charges against Munchel would have plenty of company.

“People arrived together on buses and other modes of transportation,” Rodgers added. “We had the Proud Boys there with their orange beanies. We had people in T-shirts that they had made. So there was definitely lots of group activity, so that suggest coordination. And we also know there’s going to be plenty of evidence coming in the form of digital communications between these these people and these groups. So, the fact that they’re willing to go there and to bring us seditious conspiracy charge suggests to me that it’ll just be the first of many such charges they bring.”
What's a second mother?

Sedition my ass. It was trespassing at worst. You Nazis are attacking the right of Americans to protest.
Do you usually bust out doors and window, beat cops to death and chase guards of 2 flights of stairs when you trespass? Looked more like an assault on the capital to me.
You just described your average Democrat incited riot, which is a daily occurrence.

Read the article.. They assaulted 139 guards and police officers.
The two of them? 139 trained law enforcement officers?

Ohhhh this overcharge is going nowhere.

You do.

1611756364898.png

{

An estimated 30 people have died after supposedly “peaceful” protests erupted across the nation after George Floyd’s death on May 25. What started as civil protests and marches to address police brutality, condemn racism, and support Black Lives Matter, quickly turned into violence unmatched since the Civil Rights Movement.

Despite claims by politicians and corporate media that these protests were “mostly peaceful” and safe to do amidst a pandemic because racism is also a public health crisis, US cities were quickly plagued with looting, violence, arson, vandalism, and damage to public property.

It was this mayhem that proved fatal for some. Protestors and bystanders, ranging in age from 14 to 77, lost their lives in the chaos that media outlets labeled as a “peaceful demonstration intensified.”

}
Death Toll Rises To An Estimated 30 Victims Since 'Mostly Peaceful Protests' Began (thefederalist.com)

You do.

View attachment 449153

{

An estimated 30 people have died after supposedly “peaceful” protests erupted across the nation after George Floyd’s death on May 25. What started as civil protests and marches to address police brutality, condemn racism, and support Black Lives Matter, quickly turned into violence unmatched since the Civil Rights Movement.

Despite claims by politicians and corporate media that these protests were “mostly peaceful” and safe to do amidst a pandemic because racism is also a public health crisis, US cities were quickly plagued with looting, violence, arson, vandalism, and damage to public property.

It was this mayhem that proved fatal for some. Protestors and bystanders, ranging in age from 14 to 77, lost their lives in the chaos that media outlets labeled as a “peaceful demonstration intensified.”

}
Death Toll Rises To An Estimated 30 Victims Since 'Mostly Peaceful Protests' Began (thefederalist.com)
No. I do not. I felt no need to travel hundreds or thousands of miles to affect decisions in those sad communities, as it was local and a problem (not handled well) by those local community leaders and those that acted in opposition with only minimal resistance of those elected officials. I yawn at your attempt to stir me or prod me.

You do.

View attachment 449153

{

}
No. I do not. I felt no need to travel hundreds or thousands of miles to affect decisions in those sad communities, as it was local and a problem (not handled well) by those local community leaders and those that acted in opposition with only minimal resistance of those elected officials. I yawn at your attempt to stir me or prod me.

Yet you defend them, and more importantly lie about them.

On 1/6 I called for the goobers who trespassed in the Capitol to face EXACTLY the same justice that those who tore down the white house fence and burned St. Johns faced.

I've NEVER altered my position. But you of the Reich don't like it, because the party and the little Goebbels lied to cover up for the 10 months of insurrection democrats have engaged in. The Brown Shirts in July faced no justice, no penalty at all - in fact you called THEM the victims, as did your filthy, lying scum media.

You strongly oppose equal justice under the law.

You Nazis know everything there is to know about those at the Capitol on 1/6, but we know nothing of the insurrectionists from July who stormed the White House and tried to kill the President of the United States on behalf of the democrat party,

Why is that? Oh, that's right - because we didn't prosecute the insurrectionists from July.

Actions don't matter, only party.

SEIG HEIL, Uber Alles Democrat.
So who got inside the Whitehouse. Oh ya no one did.

But yet most of those goddamn Negroes and Communists that spent the summer and fall burning, looting, murdering, destroying and rioting get off scott free.

You do.

View attachment 449153

{

}

On 1/6 I called for the goobers who trespassed in the Capitol to face EXACTLY the same justice that those who tore down the white house fence and burned St. Johns faced.

I've NEVER altered my position. But you of the Reich don't like it, because the party and the little Goebbels lied to cover up for the 10 months of insurrection democrats have engaged in. The Brown Shirts in July faced no justice, no penalty at all - in fact you called THEM the victims, as did your filthy, lying scum media.

There you go again. You tend to get all your exercise jumping to unsupported conclusions, instead of working to produce something. Your biggest personal production appears to be rash generalizations.

You do.

View attachment 449153

{

}

There you go again. You tend to get all your exercise jumping to unsupported conclusions, instead of working to produce something. Your biggest personal production appears to be rash generalizations.

What are you yammering about?

Do you agree that the same crime should carry the same penalty, regardless of who commits it?

Yes, or no?

Well this is new...a real sedition charge? A boy and his Mom..bonding over a riot and some heavy weapons...too funny..and yet...this may end their lives as they know them..forever!
AKA'''.play stupid games, win stupid prizes. the govt. appears ready to charge some rioters en masse---make an example of them.

During the course of the whirlwind days when the so-called “zip tie guy” from the U.S. Capitol insurrection was ordered released by one judge on Friday—only to be kept behind bars by another on Sunday—a quiet revelation hitting his case’s docket barely received notice. Federal prosecutors disclosed that more serious charges against Eric Gavelek Munchel may be imminent, including an exceedingly rare sedition charges.

“The evidence amassed so far subjects the defendant to felonies beyond that with which he has been charged so far, including obstructing Congress, interstate travel in furtherance of rioting activity, sedition, and other offenses,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Ahmet Baset on Sunday, referring to Munch. “These offenses carry substantial penalties, which incentivizes flight and evading law enforcement—a thought that the defendant already appears to have contemplated by virtue of avoiding his residence and workplace, terminating his Facebook account, and leaving his cell phone with an associate.”

That warning helped persuade Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell, from the District of D.C., to block a magistrate’s order that would have had Munchel await trial inside the home of his second mother.

Munchel’s first mother allegedly rioted with him and brought an enormous stash of weapons to the Capitol—but not inside it.
“We’re going straight to federal prison if we go in there with weapons,” that mother, Lisa Eisenhart, could be heard saying in a video from the siege, according to prosecutors.

Since seditious conspiracy charges require two or more people to oppose the authority of the United States, CNN legal analyst Jennifer Rodgers—a former federal prosecutor in the Southern District of New York—believed Munchel’s machinations with his mother may have helped spark more serious charges against him.

“I think it’s a huge development,” Rodgers told Law&Crime in a phone interview. “If they charge this guy and presumably his mother with seditious conspiracy, then that means they’re open to doing that in other cases, too.”
The recent legal brief seeking Munchel’s continued detention gives a previously undisclosed birds-eye view of the threat authorities faced on Jan. 6.

“In the course of the insurrection, approximately 81 Capitol Police and 58 MPD officers were assaulted, including one Capitol Police officer who died,” prosecutors wrote, abbreviating the name of Washington, D.C.’s Metropolitan Police Department. “Additionally, four citizens died; many media members were assaulted and had cameras and other news gathering equipment destroyed; and the Capitol suffered substantial damage—including broken windows and doors, graffiti, and residue of various pepper sprays, tear gas, and fire extinguishers deployed both by insurgents who stormed the Capitol and by Capitol Police officers trying to restore order.”
Given the 139 assaulted law enforcement officers, and the widespread evidence of coordination, Rodgers predicted that any sedition charges against Munchel would have plenty of company.

“People arrived together on buses and other modes of transportation,” Rodgers added. “We had the Proud Boys there with their orange beanies. We had people in T-shirts that they had made. So there was definitely lots of group activity, so that suggest coordination. And we also know there’s going to be plenty of evidence coming in the form of digital communications between these these people and these groups. So, the fact that they’re willing to go there and to bring us seditious conspiracy charge suggests to me that it’ll just be the first of many such charges they bring.”
He has only himself to blame.

The only thing more reprehensible than the Trump-incited attack on America's democracy are conservatives attempting to justify or excuse the attack.

Forum List

Back