Zip Tie Guy Might Be Prime Candidate for Exceedingly Rare Sedition Charge, Prosecutors Reveal

Is that the same guy that brought his mother to the insurrection and was videoed with her a few feet away in the gallery of the Senate? I do not know what the story is there. Does he live in her basement and just could not leave her alone, so he brought her to a violent attempt at overthrowing the government?
They were going to overthrow the entire federal government with zip ties?
I guess you've never seen the hi capacity zip ties.:cool:

You can't read, can you?

You can't tell the truth, can you?

Must be a Nazi thing...

here you go:

Excerpt:

“In the course of the insurrection, approximately 81 Capitol Police and 58 MPD officers were assaulted, including one Capitol Police officer who died,” prosecutors wrote, abbreviating the name of Washington, D.C.’s Metropolitan Police Department.

“Additionally, four citizens died; many media members were assaulted and had cameras and other news gathering equipment destroyed; and the Capitol suffered substantial damage—including broken windows and doors, graffiti, and residue of various pepper sprays, tear gas, and fire extinguishers deployed both by insurgents who stormed the Capitol and by Capitol Police officers trying to restore order.”

Given the 139 assaulted law enforcement officers, and the widespread evidence of coordination, Rodgers predicted that any sedition charges against Munchel would have plenty of company.

“People arrived together on buses and other modes of transportation,” Rodgers added. “We had the Proud Boys there with their orange beanies. We had people in T-shirts that they had made.

So there was definitely lots of group activity, so that suggest coordination. And we also know there’s going to be plenty of evidence coming in the form of digital communications between these these people and these groups.

So, the fact that they’re willing to go there and to bring us seditious conspiracy charge suggests to me that it’ll just be the first of many such charges they bring.”

continued

Is that the same guy that brought his mother to the insurrection and was videoed with her a few feet away in the gallery of the Senate? I do not know what the story is there. Does he live in her basement and just could not leave her alone, so he brought her to a violent attempt at overthrowing the government?
I guess you've never seen the hi capacity zip ties.:cool:

Are you in favor of assaulting police officers?

I thought they just brought the zip ties in case they actually caught Vice President Pence, as they were chanting for his hanging as the rushed into the Capital. You figure he was from General Services and there for an electrical problem and needed the zip ties as part of maintenance procedures?

i think that the 'plan' if you can call it that, involved hostages and forcing Pence to declare Trump the winner.
Yea okay. :itsok:

Nobody said they were smart..quite the opposite, i imagine!
Actually I think we're pretty damn lucky they were so inept.

They stormed the WH? Do you have a link? Did they assault any WH police or Secret Service?

Oh look, Surada is lying again - how very Nazi of her.

Let's repeat the links I gave you over the weekend that you're lying about now.

{

Numerous Secret Service agents were injured, fires set by rioters blazed near the White House and authorities were searching for car bombs late Sunday as protests over the death of George Floyd continued to roil the capital just two days after President Trump had to be taken to a bunker for his safety.

A senior official in the direct chain of command for defending Washington D.C. told Fox News of the injuries to Secret Service agents, some of whom were hurt by rioters throwing bottles and Molotov cocktails in Lafayette Park, just across from the presidential residence. The official initially put the number of agents injured at over 50, but that may have referred to the weekend toll; the Secret Service has since said the number injured on Sunday was 14.

As observed in New York City and elsewhere, groups in D.C. are planting cars filled with incendiary materials for future use, Fox News is told. U.S. Marshals and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agents were deployed to the streets of D.C. in an extraordinary move to beef up security alongside local police and Homeland Security agents, including the Secret Service, the Justice Department confirmed late Sunday. Fox News has learned U.S. Attorney for D.C. Mike Sherwin is heavily involved in the operation.

}

Secret Service agents wounded outside White House, car bombs feared; official says Trump was taken to bunker | Fox News

{

St. John’s Episcopal Church at Lafayette Square in the District of Columbia burned Sunday night, having been set ablaze by rioters in another long night of nationwide protests over the killing of George Floyd, who died after a Minneapolis police officer dug his knee into the handcuffed man’s neck until he stopped breathing.

St. John’s, built in 1816, has been called the church of presidents—every president, beginning with James Madison, has attended a service there. It’s located a stone’s throw from the White House.

}

Rioters Burn Historic St. John's Church in D.C., Deface Monuments Across the City (pjmedia.com)

You Nazis sure do lie a lot.

Hey, you have an insurrection to defend, and that means you have to lie! :thup:

Now that's a riot and insurrection. Any of those assholes get arrested and charged with insurrection??

Last edited:
Nobody said they were smart..quite the opposite, i imagine!
Actually I think we're pretty damn lucky they were so inept.

Inept my ass. Antifa and BLM did just what they wanted to do. You of course will blame the Trump protesters just because they are Trump protesters.

Haven't seen any sign of any of those folks being charged with insurrection.

If they were real insurrectionists they would have all been armed and be shooting the shit out of the saintly Capital buildings.

Doesn’t him bringing his mother kind of shit all over your “violent attempt to overthrow the government” narrative?

smh

Now that's a riot and insurrection. An of those assholes get arrested and charged with insurrection??

Nope, the Reich attacked the Park Police for using pepper balls to stop the Insurrectionists.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Those jokers sure are idiots. Those assholes attacked DC and they were worried about the Park police using pepper balls??

In my State they would have bee shot on sight.

Well this is new...a real sedition charge? A boy and his Mom..bonding over a riot and some heavy weapons...too funny..and yet...this may end their lives as they know them..forever!
AKA'''.play stupid games, win stupid prizes. the govt. appears ready to charge some rioters en masse---make an example of them.

During the course of the whirlwind days when the so-called “zip tie guy” from the U.S. Capitol insurrection was ordered released by one judge on Friday—only to be kept behind bars by another on Sunday—a quiet revelation hitting his case’s docket barely received notice. Federal prosecutors disclosed that more serious charges against Eric Gavelek Munchel may be imminent, including an exceedingly rare sedition charges.

“The evidence amassed so far subjects the defendant to felonies beyond that with which he has been charged so far, including obstructing Congress, interstate travel in furtherance of rioting activity, sedition, and other offenses,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Ahmet Baset on Sunday, referring to Munch. “These offenses carry substantial penalties, which incentivizes flight and evading law enforcement—a thought that the defendant already appears to have contemplated by virtue of avoiding his residence and workplace, terminating his Facebook account, and leaving his cell phone with an associate.”

That warning helped persuade Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell, from the District of D.C., to block a magistrate’s order that would have had Munchel await trial inside the home of his second mother.

Munchel’s first mother allegedly rioted with him and brought an enormous stash of weapons to the Capitol—but not inside it.
“We’re going straight to federal prison if we go in there with weapons,” that mother, Lisa Eisenhart, could be heard saying in a video from the siege, according to prosecutors.

Since seditious conspiracy charges require two or more people to oppose the authority of the United States, CNN legal analyst Jennifer Rodgers—a former federal prosecutor in the Southern District of New York—believed Munchel’s machinations with his mother may have helped spark more serious charges against him.

“I think it’s a huge development,” Rodgers told Law&Crime in a phone interview. “If they charge this guy and presumably his mother with seditious conspiracy, then that means they’re open to doing that in other cases, too.”
The recent legal brief seeking Munchel’s continued detention gives a previously undisclosed birds-eye view of the threat authorities faced on Jan. 6.

“In the course of the insurrection, approximately 81 Capitol Police and 58 MPD officers were assaulted, including one Capitol Police officer who died,” prosecutors wrote, abbreviating the name of Washington, D.C.’s Metropolitan Police Department. “Additionally, four citizens died; many media members were assaulted and had cameras and other news gathering equipment destroyed; and the Capitol suffered substantial damage—including broken windows and doors, graffiti, and residue of various pepper sprays, tear gas, and fire extinguishers deployed both by insurgents who stormed the Capitol and by Capitol Police officers trying to restore order.”
Given the 139 assaulted law enforcement officers, and the widespread evidence of coordination, Rodgers predicted that any sedition charges against Munchel would have plenty of company.

“People arrived together on buses and other modes of transportation,” Rodgers added. “We had the Proud Boys there with their orange beanies. We had people in T-shirts that they had made. So there was definitely lots of group activity, so that suggest coordination. And we also know there’s going to be plenty of evidence coming in the form of digital communications between these these people and these groups. So, the fact that they’re willing to go there and to bring us seditious conspiracy charge suggests to me that it’ll just be the first of many such charges they bring.”
Who ordered the Capitol police to let the Antifa guys through the barricades?
Better question..who ordered the Capital police to let the Trumpanzees through the barricades? Or..were they intimidated by the huge bannors of their boss..POTUS..leading the charge?

Nancy ordered the Capitol police to let the Antifa BLM guys in, some patriots joined as well

Well this is new...a real sedition charge? A boy and his Mom..bonding over a riot and some heavy weapons...too funny..and yet...this may end their lives as they know them..forever!
AKA'''.play stupid games, win stupid prizes. the govt. appears ready to charge some rioters en masse---make an example of them.

During the course of the whirlwind days when the so-called “zip tie guy” from the U.S. Capitol insurrection was ordered released by one judge on Friday—only to be kept behind bars by another on Sunday—a quiet revelation hitting his case’s docket barely received notice. Federal prosecutors disclosed that more serious charges against Eric Gavelek Munchel may be imminent, including an exceedingly rare sedition charges.

“The evidence amassed so far subjects the defendant to felonies beyond that with which he has been charged so far, including obstructing Congress, interstate travel in furtherance of rioting activity, sedition, and other offenses,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Ahmet Baset on Sunday, referring to Munch. “These offenses carry substantial penalties, which incentivizes flight and evading law enforcement—a thought that the defendant already appears to have contemplated by virtue of avoiding his residence and workplace, terminating his Facebook account, and leaving his cell phone with an associate.”

That warning helped persuade Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell, from the District of D.C., to block a magistrate’s order that would have had Munchel await trial inside the home of his second mother.

Munchel’s first mother allegedly rioted with him and brought an enormous stash of weapons to the Capitol—but not inside it.
“We’re going straight to federal prison if we go in there with weapons,” that mother, Lisa Eisenhart, could be heard saying in a video from the siege, according to prosecutors.

Since seditious conspiracy charges require two or more people to oppose the authority of the United States, CNN legal analyst Jennifer Rodgers—a former federal prosecutor in the Southern District of New York—believed Munchel’s machinations with his mother may have helped spark more serious charges against him.

“I think it’s a huge development,” Rodgers told Law&Crime in a phone interview. “If they charge this guy and presumably his mother with seditious conspiracy, then that means they’re open to doing that in other cases, too.”
The recent legal brief seeking Munchel’s continued detention gives a previously undisclosed birds-eye view of the threat authorities faced on Jan. 6.

“In the course of the insurrection, approximately 81 Capitol Police and 58 MPD officers were assaulted, including one Capitol Police officer who died,” prosecutors wrote, abbreviating the name of Washington, D.C.’s Metropolitan Police Department. “Additionally, four citizens died; many media members were assaulted and had cameras and other news gathering equipment destroyed; and the Capitol suffered substantial damage—including broken windows and doors, graffiti, and residue of various pepper sprays, tear gas, and fire extinguishers deployed both by insurgents who stormed the Capitol and by Capitol Police officers trying to restore order.”

“People arrived together on buses and other modes of transportation,” Rodgers added. “We had the Proud Boys there with their orange beanies. We had people in T-shirts that they had made. So there was definitely lots of group activity, so that suggest coordination. And we also know there’s going to be plenty of evidence coming in the form of digital communications between these these people and these groups. So, the fact that they’re willing to go there and to bring us seditious conspiracy charge suggests to me that it’ll just be the first of many such charges they bring.”
Hell, if the Zip Tie Guy isn't convicted, he should run for office. A solid Trumpster terrorist, he'd do great in the primaries.

Last edited:

The attemp to overthrow the government was as lame as Trump's dictatorship.

When you lie 24/7 no one takes you seriously

Who ordered the Capitol police to let the Antifa guys through the barricades?
was it you?

Hell, if he wasn't convicted, he'd probably run for office. Solid Trumpster terrorist, he'd do great in the primaries.
Yeah the Bidens are stunning examples of democrat Party > Country behavior. Next time Joe should hire an auctioneer to get the highest price for access to the Executive branch

Hey, sexism, sexism!!! The truth is, SHE brought HIM to the riot. Hey, she pays for his housing and food, so she calls the tune. ;)

Apparently he has two Moms..and this one is a co-conspirator--she's the one who brought and stashed the weapons.

Oh, God, are you telling me that "two moms" thing meant the "moms" are LESBIANS???? Darn, I just assumed one was a stepmother.

This guy should get off on the basis of sheer screwed-uped-ness.

Anyway, they won't charge the mom with him ---- she was recorded as saying they couldn't take weapons inside the Capitol. She'll get off for that, and should.

Zip Tie Guy is the only thing that seemed really sinister to me about that whole flag-waving, singing protest event.

They stormed the WH? Do you have a link? Did they assault any WH police or Secret Service?
They sure did, I saw it live, these BLM/antifa types throwing themselves bodily at the weak chain-link fence over and over as it rattled and looked on the point of collapse. I was worried it would. (It didn't, though, apparently)

This was why Trump wanted to declare martial law that night, and I agreed with that, but the military wouldn't, it seemed.

New Topics

Forum List

Back