YouTube is deleting comments with two phrases that insult China’s Communist Party

Comments left under videos or in live streams that contain the words “共匪” (“communist bandit”) or “五毛” (“50-cent party”) are automatically deleted in around 15 seconds, though their English language translations and Romanized Pinyin equivalents are not.

So don't post your comments in Chinese. Problem solved...

You don't have a "right" to post what you want on Youtube. Not a right
Yeah, you do, when it comes to voicing a political or religious opinion which is what the First Amendment protects. This is NOT a "private business" issue. They are a PLATFORM created for this very purpose.

While the First Amendment generally does not apply to private companies, the Supreme Court has held it “does not disable the government from taking steps to ensure that private interests not restrict . . . the free flow of information and ideas.” But as Senator Ted Cruz points out, Congress actually has the power to deter political censorship by social media companies without using government coercion or taking action that would violate the First Amendment, in letter or spirit. Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act immunizes online platforms for their users’ defamatory, fraudulent, or otherwise unlawful content. Congress granted this extraordinary benefit to facilitate “forum for a true diversity of political discourse.” This exemption from standard libel law is extremely valuable to the companies that enjoy its protection, such as Google, Facebook, and Twitter, but they only got it because it was assumed that they would operate as impartial, open channels of communication—not curators of acceptable opinion.

So I run a forum. When people come on my forum, which is public, and they start saying Christians are Nazis.... I delete their posts. If they keep doing it enough, I ban them.

Now let me ask you this......

Between my public forum that I own, and I control, that I paid for, that is my property... and Youtube....

what is the difference?

Because I have been on forums that ended up over run completely by trolls, and ended up closed, because it a miserable and toxic experience for everyone.

Here's my problem. I don't give a crap about that PLATFORM nonsense. Don't even talk to me about that because I DO NOT CARE.

Here is my issue..... if we start dictating to Youtube that they must allow anything and everything....

How long is it going to be before, Christian forums like mine, are over run with LGBTQ crap, and if we delete it, they'll file lawsuits?

How long will it be before the bulletin board at the Church, has gay pride crap posted on it?

What is the difference between my public forum, and youtube? Both have videos. Both have comments. Both are public. Both anyone can join.

The moment you use government to force a company like youtube to post anything you want.... someone else is going to use that same government force, to force you to read their crap on your message systems.

Don't do this. Leave youtube alone. Literally. If Youtube sucks, there are other video sites. Move there.

Now if you want to write letters to youtube, that's fine. If you want to mount a protest, that's fine. If you want to contact the media and generate some public pressure, I don't care.

But you need to get a clue.... the moment you use government, someone is going to use that same hammer against you someday.

You may not be at war with China, but they are at war with us. They are building a "China City" 30 miles from me.
Fascist racial segregation. There's a Chinatown in every medium to large sized city in the U.S.
They are infecting our universities and turning our leftist professors into well paid spies.
On really? You mean they aren't so leftist as the college kids were led to believe?
IF Biden ever becomes president, the future is dark in America
Very true, but Xi Jinping is not exactly a leftist. China has a considerable population of leftists, particularly Wuhan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Tibet and other areas with strong separatist corporate labor movements who are now worried about a Tiananmen style crackdown.

the moment you use government, someone is going to use that same hammer against you someday.

The problem is that the Chinese government is using YouTube. The solution is to identify and boycott YouTube and any other company that is kowtowing to the Chinese government.

the moment you use government, someone is going to use that same hammer against you someday.

The problem is that the Chinese government is using YouTube. The solution is to identify and boycott YouTube and any other company that is kowtowing to the Chinese government.

Right, I would agree with that.

I don't think anything we do, is going to stop that though. If all the hard core conservatives boycott youtube... i don't think they'd even notice.

You can do it if you wish. Just don't try and force youtube to do what you want with the power government.

That hammer you use on youtube, will be turned against you later.

what's the non-Fascist alternative to YouTube?

Google owns YouTube as you know. and they've left little doubt they're in a race with Facebook to get Biden elected. Is there an alternative? Laura Ingraham since Tucker is a pussy and Hannity is a repetitous blowhard. Too bad O'Reilly couldn't keep his mouth in gear with his brain around women...he had a great show.
The skidmark is going to get Biden elected. Have you heard the skidmarks latest? He's losing it!
"Twitter is completely stifling FREE SPEECH, & I as President will not allow it to happen! they are interfering in the 2020 election"

Marvelous Michael Moore is also being censored. he just posted this statement:

"At 10:24am on Memorial Day 2020 - a day meant to honor those who died defending our freedoms - my freedom of speech was taken from me by people who disagreed with me, people who, rather than join me in discussion or debate over our political differences, instead decided the best way to win the debate with me was to silence my voice and prohibit the public from seeing a film I executive produced, a documentary that sought to ask a question—“Have we lost the battle against the climate emergency?”—and show the public how this happened, how our environmental “leaders” failed us by aligning themselves with Wall Street and Bloomberg and the “green energy” chiefs of Big Oil & Gas. This is the movie—“Planet of the Humans”—they don’t want u to see. For 36 days they’ve bullied streaming services like YouTube to take it down. They inaugurated a vicious smear campaign, warned people not to watch our film, called it “dangerous” and “full of lies”—which was the biggest lie of all. Their greatest fear was that people would watch our movie. They were right—8 million watched it & saw the truth. Still, the “green capitalists” got our livestreams canceled & convinced liberal sites to drop us. It was like nothing I’d ever seen, an unhinged part of the left employing the tactics of fascism to deny a filmmaker the right to ask questions and expose the truth. They found 4 little seconds in a 100-min movie that they would say violated the copyright law & used this lie to have our film yanked off YouTube. The screen went dark. The faux left, the green capitalists, cheered as people’s computers & TVs went black, and Americans were suddenly prohibited from watching one more single frame of this documentary. The screen has remained frozen black now for 48hrs. No voices have risen to demand the people be allowed to watch our movie. It was as if you were experiencing the ever-so-slight odor in the air from the embers of a 21st century version of a book burning, but it was just your screen going dark, that’s all, turned off by a robot that had been manipulated with a lie.
How frightening in the time of Trump that something like this could happen. So understand this: I will not be stopped. "

Forum List

Back