YouTube Can Ban Creators That Aren’t

Aletheia4u

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2017
They are thinking up ways to censor those that they don't like.

YouTube can ban users that it deems “no longer commercially viable”, the Google-owned service states in its updated terms of service — which come into effect December 10 — that is leading to panic and uproar among the creator community of the world’s biggest video-sharing platform. Owing to the possible subjective interpretations of the broad “commercially viable” wording, YouTube creators are worried that the company will make use of the new policy to terminate accounts it doesn’t “like for any reason”. In a statement to Gadgets 360, YouTube said it is “not changing the way our products work”.

Over the weekend in an email, YouTube notified its users about the new terms of service. The email’s summary of changes said it was making them “clearer and easier to understand” and “better alignment between the terms and how YouTube works today”. The email didn’t have anything to say about changes to termination policies, though the summary on YouTube.com did note that the new terms of service “now include more details about when we might need to terminate our agreement with bad actors.” Still, there was no mention of the “commercially viable” part, which only appears in the full text a
YouTube Can Ban Creators That Aren’t ‘Commercially Viable’, but It Says It’s ‘Not Changing’ - Icastingworks

maxresdefault.jpg

YouTube is not the place it was when I first joined in 2006. It's becoming a terrible place for creators.

Now when you do a search, the first page or two is nothing but corporate channels, like CNN, ABC, CBS, etc, etc.

My channel was demonetized, plus I've had videos taken down for no valid reason, just because it was a non-establishment and 'controversial' viewpoint.

Bottom line, it's a private company. They can kick crazies off when ever they want to. Quit whining.

Bottom line, it's a private company. They can kick crazies off when ever they want to. Quit whining.
Can the electric company deny service to conservatives who are pro trump?

Its a private company too

More interesting is that if they ban you from youtube, they can ban you across google.

I personally think they should deplatform all the people they demonetize. I get sick of the "They demonetized me so send me money to keep making my youtubes" pleas.

Forum List

Back