Your winners and losers for 2013

SteadyMercury

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2013
My big winner was my small cap index fund, up about 36% YTD.

Biggest loser would have been total bond market index fund, but I got spooked on bonds and bond funds early in the year so parked that pie slice in the Stable Value Fund available in my wife's 401k. Still the portfolio loser at 2.5% but a lot better then the bond fund which is about -2%.

Equities loser was total intl stock index up about 11% YTD. Man have I got few complaints if that was my equities loser.

What a great year... will do annual rebalance in 10 days to rake some of the winning chips, I don't expect next year to be anywhere close.

Good luck in 2014 everyone.

My big winner was my small cap index fund, up about 36% YTD.

Biggest loser would have been total bond market index fund, but I got spooked on bonds and bond funds early in the year so parked that pie slice in the Stable Value Fund available in my wife's 401k. Still the portfolio loser at 2.5% but a lot better then the bond fund which is about -2%.

Equities loser was total intl stock index up about 11% YTD. Man have I got few complaints if that was my equities loser.

What a great year... will do annual rebalance in 10 days to rake some of the winning chips, I don't expect next year to be anywhere close.

Good luck in 2014 everyone.
I go with the original Graham formulation: if you can't buy a company for net cash in the till then hedge the less risky vs. the more risky. It seems to be working.

Forum List

Back