Your Public Education System At Work

I mean they are kids its sorta hard to understand politics since its about which values out weigh others and children don't really get concept of values in the first place.
But what would be funny is if that blonde girl turns out to be a hardcore conservative when she's older haha.

Kids generally mimic what their parents say until, as you noted, they grow up and find out differently.

Seems to me within the first couple minutes (that's all I watched) a few of the kids came up with a suitable answer.

What I find disturbing is that several times on USMB I've seen folks who are presumably adults give essentially the same answers. Highly simplistic subjective answers that I'd let a kid get away with just are well beneath what I expect of any adult, much less adults who willfully choose to discuss politics and public policy.

Edit:
I should probably note that I think it's pretty childish to ask children the question that was asked. It's a reasonable quiz question to ask a high school student in American history or civics of some sort. That someone even conceived asking small children that question says far more about that person than it does about Democrats, Republicans, or the kids who tried to answer the question.

Last edited:
I didn't even watch the video but I guarantee those kids have better opinions than some of the posters here.

An American kid's window to the world comes through Hollywood and the Press. Hollywood and the Press have been spewing hatred for Republicans for 100 years. It is all that kids ever see or hear on politics. The Taliban and ISIS also teach children to hate just like the Democrats do.

What the little girl doesn't understand about women's rights is that Republicans want to defend her right to exist aka be born.

The topic was Public Education which I took as school. Media wise its completely one sided on what they get exposed to.

The public education system includes preschool institutions, general education schools of all types, technical vocational schools, specialized secondary and higher educational institutions, and various forms of on-the-job training and courses to improve workers’ qualifications, as well as extracurricular institutions.
Assuming they are not doing on the job training and some other higher courses I think its an okay assumption to make.

Forum List

Back