Your Pet Dragon Giving You Salmonella?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
th

Numerous reports on the Net indicate that 132 people in 31 states have been infected with salmonella by these animals kept as pets since late Feb 2012.

They belong in the desert! Why on earth would anyone in their right mind keep them as pets anyway? I'm not even going to search for links on this. Do it yourself.

With all due respect if one takes care of their beasties properly you never have an issue with salmonella.

It's not the pet. It is the stupid owner.

Now why does one have a tegu, a monitor, an iguana as a pet in the home? Because your child is allergic to dogs and cats.

Or just because you adore them. I happen to absolutely love dwarf tegus but where I live I would be terrified to have one in case of a power outage that could last for days.

Lizards are cool. Had a Malaysian water monitor called Spunky among other beasties. He was awesome.

Exotics don't belong in people's homes as "pets". People are often ignorant of their care and many of these animals die slow deaths.

And many wild populations are being depleted for the pet trade.

Its shameful.

If people really "love" these animals, they'll work to protect their habitat and the wild populations.

IMO

Forum List

Back