Your Personality Makes Your Politics

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
See:

Time.com/mypolitics and take the quiz.

"Social scientists find many questions about values and lifestyle that have no obvious connection to politics can be used to predict a person’s ideology. Even a decision as trivial as which browser you’re using to read this article is imbued with clues about your personality. Are you on a Mac or PC? Did you use the default program that came with the computer or install a new one?

"In the following interactive, we put together 12 questions that have a statistical correlation to a person’s political leanings, even if the questions themselves are seemingly apolitical. At the end of this (completely anonymous) quiz, we’ll use your responses to guess your politics."

Read more: Personality Quiz: Can TIME Guess Your Politics? | TIME.com Personality Quiz: Can TIME Guess Your Politics? | TIME.com

A person who reported themselves as “very liberal” or “very conservative” tended to receive scores that were artificially close to the center. As of this update, the quiz now employs a basic statistical correction to more accurately reflect the extremity of one’s politics
Read more: Personality Quiz: Can TIME Guess Your Politics? | TIME.com Personality Quiz: Can TIME Guess Your Politics? | TIME.com

Yes the quiz employs a basic statistical correction.

Of course.

Fully disagree with how they break down the questions and how they pertain to ideology.

That said......68% Conservative, 32% Liberal

28% conservative, 72% liberal

That was two minuets of my life I'll never get back.

It doesn't take a billion dollar grant to understand that the core values a person is raised by influences his/her politics. Why do you think the radical left supports union based education and attacks Christian beliefs? Keeping kids stupid and agnostic produces little lock step democrats.

Ok let me get this right. Oh this is funny. I hung out in the balcony of the Whiskey. Laid beside a man from Golden Earrings at the Tropicana?

And I'm supposed to end up a conservative?

Possibly the worst test I have ever taken to show if you are more conservative or liberal.

You can see the questions and how they mislead people. "Are you proud of your countries history?" Strongly agree = conservative Strongly disagree = Liberal.... Really? No middle ground? Like parts of the history?

Impossible to answer these questions honestly as they give very little to no context for many of the questions.

If you're more likely to eat "mixed" food your liberal?

Forum List

Back