Your five favorite comedy films.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
I could do a thread on top 5 Steve Martin movies easy.
My Blue Heaven
Planes, Trains...
Parenthood
The Jerk
The Man with two Brains
The Lonely Guy.....
I love Steve Martin. I remember before he was at all famous, there was a show called "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert" that aired late at night with live performances by the bands of the early seventies, and they would often have him on for his comedy act. He would do these various skits playing the banjo and making balloon animals.

In no particular order, CaddieShack, Something About Mary, Life of Brian, Trading Places, Napoleon Dynamite.

We must have been too old. My wife and I walked out of Napoleon Dynamite after about half an hour. We had no clue what was happening we walked out. But, whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:
In no particular order, CaddieShack, Something About Mary, Life of Brian, Trading Places, Napoleon Dynamite.

We must have been too old. My wife and I walked out of Napoleon Dynamite after about half an hour. We had no clue what was happening. But, whatever floats your boat.

It's very droll, but I liked it.

now, if you want something TRULY dreadful, try this:

11163966_800.jpg

We must have been too old. My wife and I walked out of Napoleon Dynamite after about half an hour. We had no clue what was happening. But, whatever floats your boat.
I've probably seen Trading Places and Life of Brian at least 10 times each over the years, and I rarely watch movies more than 2 or 3 times unless they're really great.

We must have been too old. My wife and I walked out of Napoleon Dynamite after about half an hour. We had no clue what was happening we walked out. But, whatever floats your boat.
It's quirky, really just a series of goofy vignettes. I just thought the characters and their interplay was funny.

It's quirky, really just a series of goofy vignettes. I just thought the characters and their interplay was funny.

It was getting great reviews and we went to see it not knowing what to expect. I'm a.sure it was our own ignorance.

I've probably seen Trading Places and Life of Brian at least 10 times each over the years, and I rarely watch movies more than 2 or 3 times unless they're really great.
I've never seen Life of Brian and need to obviously...agree about Trading Places-a riot. Now, I will lose integrity points here without a doubt (if they tracked that anyway ha) but I've watched Something About Mary so many times I know the lines. The best part is watching Matt Dillon- aka fake architect who gets big fake to impress Mary "teefers" LOL he is perfect in that role! Even the scene in the restaurant where he is eaves dropping on Mary and her friends' conversation and his expressions alone! Priceless! lol

I've never seen Life of Brian and need to obviously...agree about Trading Places-a riot. Now, I will lose integrity points here without a doubt (if they tracked that anyway ha) but I've watched Something About Mary so many times I know the lines. The best part is watching Matt Dillon- aka fake architect who gets big fake to impress Mary "teefers" LOL he is perfect in that role! Even the scene in the restaurant where he is eaves dropping on Mary and her friends' conversation and his expressions alone! Priceless! lol
The movies I've probably seen the most are What About Bob?, Wall Street, Rainman and Ace Ventura Pet Detective.

Some movies and TV shows are like music or comfort foods--like if I'm by myself and tired of music, tired of the news etc- I can put on Planes Trains and Automobiles or something and cook or clean up without actually sitting there watching it. ...just hearing the sound I can visualize every scene-- like every episode of the Andy Griffith show.

Agree, Something About Mary was just a hoot from beginning to end!

The movies I've probably seen the most are What About Bob?, Wall Street, Rainman and Ace Ventura Pet Detective.

Some movies and TV shows are like music or comfort foods--like if I'm by myself and tired of music, tired of the news etc- I can put on Planes Trains and Automobiles or something and cook or clean up without actually sitting there watching it. ...just hearing the sound I can visualize every scene-- like every episode of the Andy Griffith show.
I still love watching Andy Griffith reruns. That show captivated me as a kid and even still I have favorite episodes I'd watch again.

Wall Street-great movie. I love anything with Michael Douglas-Fatal Attraction, Falling Down is a great movie-but not many talk about it, Basic Instinct another one of his classics, War of the Roses-well done as well and he was good in The Game. The only two movies that for me were "meh" are Disclosure (but only because I didn't like watching him be so dumb lol overall good acting) and Romancing the Stone was not my cup of tea.

Rainman-one of the best movies ever-one of the greats. Which reminds me of another great one: A Bronx Tale. Excellent movie.

Many of mine have already been mentioned...

Spaceballs
High Anxiety
Johnnie English
Cool Runnings
Liar Liar

You guys have a lot of movies and they are great. One of my favorites is "My Favorite Year" with Peter O'Toole. There are many people like that to different levels never to be known. But he got to show it in front of many to prove it.

1-The Birdcage ( all-time fave ) :lmao:
2-Harold and Maude
3-My Cousin Vinny
4-Blazing Saddles

5-Young Frankenstein

1. Life of Brian

2. Blazing Saddles

3. Holy Grail

4. Fish Called Wanda

5. Young Frankenstein

6. Major League

7. Animal House